Time when you can't forgive yourself

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Teacher's Three-year-old Daughter Dies Of Heat Stroke In Car

PETALING JAYA, July 19 (Bernama) -- A three-year-old girl died in a car after being left alone by her mother, a teacher, at a car park of a secondary school in Subang Jaya near here yesterday.

Nawal Iris Samsudin, who fell asleep in the back seat, was believed to have suffocated to death after being left in the car, with the engine off and all the windows shut, for five hours since about 11am.

Subang Jaya district police chief ACP Yahaya Ramli, told a media conference here today, that the girl's mother, Nor Zatusy Hazwa Abdul Rahim, 32, found the lifeless body of her daughter when she returned to the car to go home at 5.30pm.

He said Nor Zatusy Hazwa was supposed to have sent Nawal Iris to a child care centre before going to school, but had forgotten about her daughter, who had fallen asleep in the back seat, and drove straight to school after sending her younger sibling to the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport in Subang.

"After completing her task, she went back to the car and was shocked to see her daughter in the car, her face already bluish, " he said, adding that the woman then rushed her daughter to a nearby clinic and a doctor there pronounced her dead.

Yahya said following the incident, Nawal Iris' body was sent to the Serdang Hospital for a post mortem.

A post-mortem report confirmed that the girl died due to heat stroke, he said, adding that police would record statement from Nor Zatusy Hazwa.

He said the case would be investigated under Section 33 of the Child Act 2001 for leaving the a child without reasonable supervision.

The offence carries a maximum fine of RM5,000 or two years' jail or both, if found guilty.

This is believed to be the second case involving a child who died in a car after being left alone by their teacher mother.

On June 22 last year, a four-year-old child of an English language teacher at Sekolah Kebangsaan Bandar Uda 2 in Tampoi, Johor, died in a car after being left in the vehicle for six hours.

-- BERNAMA

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

I can attest that this kind of tragedies is not isolated but alway happening.

Just not long ago my 3 years-old daughter followed her 65 years-old grandma to market in town. She sat quietly at the back seat. My mom totally forgot about her onboard when she disembarked into the market. Luckily somehow she quickly realised her cute 3 years-old was still in the car and turned back to get her.

But not so lucky for the girl in the news.

Some even overran their own kids at home.

These were all innocent negligence but a heartbreaking and unforgivable tragedies. I could imagine how the mother couldn't forgive herself for killing her daughter by her negligence.

If you have little one sitting at the back seat alone it may not as safe as you think. I don't know you but I could forget where I should go and any other possible important things whenever I fell into some deep thoughts while driving.

Share your thoughts.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
im pretty sure that incident will haunt the involved parent for their whole life. imagine how much painful it for this kid to be suffocated to death + heat. the temperature inside the closed car can reach to 50 degree especaially during noon & even an adults cannot stand it for 30 minutes. parent need to avoid from letting their kid sleep in the back seat.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
IMHO this kind of negligence, how innocence it might be, just shows total carelessness! Probably the parents of these incidents were just too occupied with what they'd be doing during the day, maybe thinking too much about work or whatever, hence completely forgotten about anything else. Also once they got out of the car, they just quickly shut the door, press the alarm without even giving it a single glance back! I myself and my wife never do that. After we got out of the car and press the alarm, we always double check some of the doors if really locked, see if the alarm light is already really activated, and will look into the windows again, so surely will see if somehow we left something important there like a kid! I suggest people to take on this same habit so utter negligence like this will never happen.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
What a terrible way to go.

How does one forget that they have their kids in the back seat? Jeez.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Almost another case yesterday. Left 6 year old who was not feeling well in the car and went shopping.....:banghead:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Their mind must be too occupied...its so sad for the child. Imagine dying in an oven...so next time if our children is like 2-3 years old already its good to teach them how to open car doors from the inside. Be please be reminded to activate child lock. Teach them all four doors can be opened so they can open the front doors if they are left in the car alone. The milk ingredient nowadays are so damn great they might pick up the trick very well.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Their mind must be too occupied...its so sad for the child. Imagine dying in an oven...so next time if our children is like 2-3 years old already its good to teach them how to open car doors from the inside. Be please be reminded to activate child lock. Teach them all four doors can be opened so they can open the front doors if they are left in the car alone. The milk ingredient nowadays are so damn great they might pick up the trick very well.
But usually we are worried they open the door, that is why the child lock. Some more teach them open the door?.....:smokin::biggrin:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Teach 3 years old to open a locked car? Usually these little kids will go panic and cry if not sleeping. The onus lies with adults.
Should teach the parents/guardians instead. Like what 6UE5t is doing.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
But usually we are worried they open the door, that is why the child lock. Some more teach them open the door?.....:smokin::biggrin:
haha that's why i mentioned to make sure the child lock is activated. Front doors got no child lock mah...so if the car is moving, of course there is a driver so the kid can go in front an open the door.

Teach 3 years old to open a locked car? Usually these little kids will go panic and cry if not sleeping. The onus lies with adults.
Should teach the parents/guardians instead. Like what 6UE5t is doing.
haha who knows? That kid might be a genius..small kids nowadays are getting smarter but the adults are getting dumb. Of course, the main focus here is still the adults.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hard to make the child understand the situation since they are still so young.
First thing first, don't eva eva eva leave your child in the car lah.
But even when I am sleeping in the car alone, I will always drop the window just a tad bit.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Recently went to an aftermarket workshop at PJS, Sunway. Not only look down on people driving K-car but also did not likes people to bargain. Price of workmanship is 5X more that the price of the item. Really feel disappointed. Why we feed them and make them grow fat. :mad:

Quoted: "Although people have different status in life, one person integrity should not worth
more that the others. We should start to respect each other.":proud:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience