Perdana V6 Community Forum *

chriiz18

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
yea been looking for a fan that actually fit right at the atf cooler.
still no luck and busy with work. hehehe...

Not using any ice but planning to install some.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
i put my ATF cooler in front of the radiator fan (which keeps on turning).
if u can find a small fan, even better.

if u upgrade battery to ns70 now also good, better cranking power, last longer.
my dry Bosch S4 battery is now more than 2 years old.

ATF i change every 20K km. ATF filter every 40K km..

chriiz18

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
something weird happen while i was driving. lights so dim and everything seems to be dim. engine loss power aircond also no power. car feels sluggish. then everything went back to normal. i've check the battery and charging alternator but no problem. wiring problem?

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
thx NeuroOne,

btw...my full fuel tank ~RM105 is getting me as far as KM450 only is it normal or something is wrong? meaning average 8.2KM/L my Celica turbo is getting the same with lots of boost :hmmmm:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
hello guys , nak tnye nie . aku ade 1 perdana sei . tp gear auto . nk change to gearbox manual , agak2 brape ? ade jenis2 gearbox ke ?
bro, pls use english...

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

alternator giving signs of failure soon...

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
hello guys , nak tnye nie . aku ade 1 perdana sei . tp gear auto . nk change to gearbox manual , agak2 brape ? ade jenis2 gearbox ke ?
standby la dalam rm4K.
gb banyak, from Perdana GLX manual, RVR, Eclipse, the old Wira diesel also can..

AuzarO

Jan 7, 2007
Hi guys, i just bought my 2001 PV6 in a week! So far am happy with my car. I've already service the engine, change engine oil, oil filter and change the atf fluid. I'm yet to install ATF cooler for my gb. Any recommendation from you guys? JASMA,HAYDEN WORKS?
And maybe you guys could assist me on what to do next.

I heard it is standard for a V6 to have wind noise when speeding more than 100kmh. How to void the wind noise? need to replace the rubber trim or......? no idea how to solve.

Other than that, I love my new V6 even tho bought 2nd hehhehehe

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Just dropping by to say Happy New Year Guys, drive safe during the long holidays as most people will be clearing leave and going places or balik kampung :)

Currently timing belt reaching 90,000 Km already. Was thinking of asking mechanic to just jack up the whole engine and check for oil leaks and change all the rubber seals / hoses /connectors and replace timing belt / spark plugs / water pump 1 shot. Considered semi major service lah i guess.

Btw NGK iridium IX with the 0.6mm tip really does last longer than the denso iridium 0.4mm tip. And tried Amsoil fully synthetic 20w50 which runs pretty well and minimal sluggishness even after long fast drive. Maybe its just placebo effect.. I dunno :)

Zeus : Your Rm105/450KM is city or highway or Mixed ? If fully city... ok lah... its around 18-25 cents depending on your right foot :)

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
well its city...but considering penchala link is a highway i'd say mixed

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
hi guys,

I got 2 pc of Toyo Tyres to let go... Price Nego till sell.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...425462-18-toyo-proxes-t1r-tyres-for-sale.html
cy...wat happened to u la? MIA for quite some time edi..u still using perdana./?

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Hi guys, i just bought my 2001 PV6 in a week! So far am happy with my car. I've already service the engine, change engine oil, oil filter and change the atf fluid. I'm yet to install ATF cooler for my gb. Any recommendation from you guys? JASMA,HAYDEN WORKS?
And maybe you guys could assist me on what to do next.
** go for hayden bro.
I heard it is standard for a V6 to have wind noise when speeding more than 100kmh. How to void the wind noise? need to replace the rubber trim or......? no idea how to solve.
**there is a chrome strip on your windscreen frame, that is the common problem, if its not then time to change your rubber linings on all doors.
Other than that, I love my new V6 even tho bought 2nd hehhehehe

bro replies in red

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Just dropping by to say Happy New Year Guys, drive safe during the long holidays as most people will be clearing leave and going places or balik kampung :)

Currently timing belt reaching 90,000 Km already. Was thinking of asking mechanic to just jack up the whole engine and check for oil leaks and change all the rubber seals / hoses /connectors and replace timing belt / spark plugs / water pump 1 shot. Considered semi major service lah i guess.

Btw NGK iridium IX with the 0.6mm tip really does last longer than the denso iridium 0.4mm tip. And tried Amsoil fully synthetic 20w50 which runs pretty well and minimal sluggishness even after long fast drive. Maybe its just placebo effect.. I dunno :)

Zeus : Your Rm105/450KM is city or highway or Mixed ? If fully city... ok lah... its around 18-25 cents depending on your right foot :)
must as well do top overhaul..

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Danz : Mech says better don't touch up to gasket, cause after changing engine might loose pressure/power. Says it will never be the same as ori... so i'm prety worried to do a top overhaul.

Still in dilemma ... Kasi angkat engine first lah then decide what to do.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
HI bro Danz, you have mentioned the windscreen's chrome strip. What to do about it if it creates wind noise?

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
YYC : Checked if any plastic which is a layer covering the chrome strip peeled/sticking out ? If yes just use a blade to cut off the peeling part.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

well im bored. off for 3 days. so went to my mech,to repair my VTEC solenoid pressure switch gasket. so now my car no leaking at all.

so my cover is a bit dull,very ugly,peel offs chips. so decide to spray.

what u/i need to buy for this project?

1) paint removal for metal
2) small paint brush
3) 15vermillion + 33red (spray can code)
4) sand paper/scrapper/clotch/newspaper

how it starts!

1) remove my H22A cover.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience