Perdana V6 Community Forum *

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i still drive the celica turbo:driver: PV6 is my daily driver...not so sure for how long...cause makan minyak like me celica :banghead:

Well i just got my car....GB seems ok...smooth shifts and all, but just sharing my experince with you guys regarding servicing the GB:

the bill came as follows

computer box service RM450 (which didn't make any sense! cause can buy for RM350 if im not mistaken)
wiring from ECU-TCU incl. socket wiring RM180
sent GB for diagnostics RM60
GB oil RM160 (he said used 6L, 2x4L toyota ATF)
GB filter RM80
Labour RM400
ATF cooler and bracket RM150

Total RM1480

the GB got some sound when RPM goes from 2K-3K, mech says its normal in PV6 :stupid:

i feel ripped off....hope the GB can tahan
keep your reciepts bro.......if you're not happy report to tribunal,
Neuro....im not sure bout autobox maintanance....is it really that expensive?

if your gbox got sound from 2-3k rpm, means the gbox got problem......

get your mech to check out the parts/workmanship costs...if its far more expensive than other places. will assist u to file a claim against that workshop.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
keep your reciepts bro.......if you're not happy report to tribunal,
Neuro....im not sure bout autobox maintanance....is it really that expensive?

if your gbox got sound from 2-3k rpm, means the gbox got problem......

get your mech to check out the parts/workmanship costs...if its far more expensive than other places. will assist u to file a claim against that workshop.
well, its quite expensive but depends on work basis la.

- TCU service RM450 - what kind of service the pomen is doing? dusting off habuk? or replacing the electronic components on the TCU board? u can buy good condition 2nd hand TCU for less than RM350.

- ECU to TCU wiring RM180 including socket - this is subjective (really do or not?)

- gb diagnostics RM60 - just take the car (without taking out the gb) to a workshop with a diagnostic equipment (MUT or laptop). plug into the diagnostics socket, then see if any fault code comes out. its not like the workshop doing pressure test or something else, that will cost more..

- gb filter RM80 - it should be lesser. i have ask a sparepart shop for a local ATF filter for V6 and quoted RM50. my ATF filter (RVR turbo auto) cost me RM75. maybe can be cheaper but i dont have any choice coz sudah penat carik. hehe..

- ATF RM160 (2 x 4L Toyota ATF-T4) - i think this is ok. but i would only buy Mitsu SP3 compatible ATF.

- ATF cooler + bracket RM150 - for a 2nd hand cooler, i think this is ok. but look at the size and condition.

- labour RM400 - this is also subjective, but considering if they do have to do diagnostics, check whats wrong take a lot of effort and time..

what i would really be asking the questions are for the TCU service and labour charges. the others i think ok kot..

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
yep, dulu i pernah buat ECU tuning for RM60 also (long time ago in 2006-2009).
plug in MUT to diagnostic port, short/ground the TB to body, then tune ECU to get optimum AFR.
while doing that, the MUT can also check any other problem depending on the fault code such as gb, ABS, etc...

in 2009, i pernah buat diagnostic for gb only (plug in a laptop) and cost me RM25.

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
thanks for the input guys!

i just got the updated bill...

1.computer box service RM450 (which didn't make any sense! cause can buy for RM350 if im not mistaken)
2.wiring from ECU-TCU incl. socket wiring RM180

3.ECU Reset and diagnostics RM60
4.GB oil RM160 (he said used 6L, 2x4L toyota ATF)
5.GB filter RM48
7.ATF cooler, bracket and hoses RM165
8.Radiator Fan RM120
9.Labour RM450

Total RM1633

RED ones are the ones which im not satisfied with...anyways im happy to drive the Pv6 :driver: hope not much of probs

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
thanks for the input guys!

i just got the updated bill...

1.computer box service RM450 (which didn't make any sense! cause can buy for RM350 if im not mistaken)
2.wiring from ECU-TCU incl. socket wiring RM180

3.ECU Reset and diagnostics RM60
4.GB oil RM160 (he said used 6L, 2x4L toyota ATF)
5.GB filter RM48
7.ATF cooler, bracket and hoses RM165
8.Radiator Fan RM120
9.Labour RM450

Total RM1633

RED ones are the ones which im not satisfied with...anyways im happy to drive the Pv6 :driver: hope not much of probs
Well, I guess what's done is done. You learn from it (albeit a bit painful). Maybe you should start DIY'ing. That will save you all your problems of getting ripped off. I never send my Yr2000 V6 to a mechanic anymore. If I did these things myself I can tell you how much they will cost:
1.computer box service RM120 (I will buy used one from private seller at Mudah.my)
2.wiring from ECU-TCU incl. socket wiring RM0 (I can't see how this needs to be done, so I won't do)
3.ECU Reset and diagnostics RM0 (I will just unplug my car batteries for 1/2 hr, this will reset my ECU/TCU. Diagnostics I will read with a multimeter, this one you need to know how la)
4.GB oil RM135 (I buy Mitsu Diaqueen for RM90/4L)
5.GB filter RM25
7.ATF cooler, bracket and hoses RM350 (using Hayden, same size as Proton ori).
8.Radiator Fan RM60 (I think you mean the motor?)
9.Labour RM0 (best of all!)

Total: RM690.

Time to learn how to get your hands dirty, eh?

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
Well, I guess what's done is done. You learn from it (albeit a bit painful). Maybe you should start DIY'ing. That will save you all your problems of getting ripped off. I never send my Yr2000 V6 to a mechanic anymore. If I did these things myself I can tell you how much they will cost:
1.computer box service RM120 (I will buy used one from private seller at Mudah.my)
2.wiring from ECU-TCU incl. socket wiring RM0 (I can't see how this needs to be done, so I won't do)
3.ECU Reset and diagnostics RM0 (I will just unplug my car batteries for 1/2 hr, this will reset my ECU/TCU. Diagnostics I will read with a multimeter, this one you need to know how la)
4.GB oil RM135 (I buy Mitsu Diaqueen for RM90/4L)
5.GB filter RM25
7.ATF cooler, bracket and hoses RM350 (using Hayden, same size as Proton ori).
8.Radiator Fan RM60 (I think you mean the motor?)
9.Labour RM0 (best of all!)

Total: RM690.

Time to learn how to get your hands dirty, eh?
i like your last one :biggrin: next time i send to you leh

Last edited:

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
Time to make a business out of this. hehe. But maybe when I start making business then I will also start being a cheating mechanic.......:proud:

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
Time to make a business out of this. hehe. But maybe when I start making business then I will also start being a cheating mechanic.......:proud:
i second that...seems like im gonna do perdana V6 service workshop...margins are just sky rocket high:burnout:

Last edited:

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
guys, anyone installed these (lamps)?

hows the LED life span...cause those "brothers" kindda barang...LED cant tahan :P

Last edited:

chriiz18

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Hi Guys need some help on my perdana v6. It's a five years old car and i've been sending to proton for general service. Ever since i've bought this car new the GB is always a problem. Proton SC has already change 5 GB for the past 5 years. Till now problem is not solved. Btw, warranty is over. Mileage is about 150k kms

Here are the problems:-
- GB atf cooler is always hot. I've change the ATF oils to synthetic. Need to pour some water to at atf cooler to cool it down.
- Jerks a lot when down shift and up shift.
- I thought of changing the GB to a better GB from mit. Any recommendation?
- Engine jerks.
- when i drive at night, lights seems to be very dim and dash lights as well. after driving hard for awhile everything seems to be ok or back to normal. I've checked the charging alternator and its good. Same goes to the battery. Can anyone tell me whats the std battery size for perdana v6.
- Sometimes can't start. No crank. Need to turn the keys at least twice before starting up.

Can anyone please help me please. Thank You.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Here are the problems:-
- GB atf cooler is always hot. I've change the ATF oils to synthetic. Need to pour some water to at atf cooler to cool it down.
- Jerks a lot when down shift and up shift.
- I thought of changing the GB to a better GB from mit. Any recommendation?
- Engine jerks.
- when i drive at night, lights seems to be very dim and dash lights as well. after driving hard for awhile everything seems to be ok or back to normal. I've checked the charging alternator and its good. Same goes to the battery. Can anyone tell me whats the std battery size for perdana v6.
- Sometimes can't start. No crank. Need to turn the keys at least twice before starting up.

Can anyone please help me please. Thank You.
1. ATF cooler will always be hot. optimum temp is around 80C. also, replace the hoses and make them direct from gb to ATF cooler. Proton installs the hoses go thru the radiator.
2. gb jerk might indicate the solenoids in the valvebody are not functioning nicely. maybe u need to replace ATF and ATF filter. how long the interval before u change ATF and ATF filter?
3. a better gb would be a manual gb. any auto gb from Mitsu in the same generation may encounter the same problem..
4. engine jerks how?
5. standard battery size is ns60 but i use ns70. better go bigger.
6. if no cranking noise, maybe starter starting to get weaker or maybe not getting enough juice. try installing starter relay.

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

guys, anyone installed these (lamps)?

hows the LED life span...cause those "brothers" kindda barang...LED cant tahan :P
my fren who works at NHF (the original producer of the projector headlights), have used the headlights for more than a year without any problem.
there are other manufacturer that copied the design..
well, NHF gives 1year warranty (or is it 6 months, cant remember), so if after warranty then the headlights rosak, then unlucky la. hehe..

chriiz18

Known Member
Apr 5, 2005
Thank you very much for the reply.

ATF changed about 30k kms.

Engine jerk...dont know how to explain. Might need to check the coil packs.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
just install a fan infront of your atf cooler, will eliminate atf overheat & jerking problems.
im using ns60, use ns70 only if u have ICE in your car.

can change starter carbon brush....

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Renault 4, Renault Classic Team participated with 3 Renault 4 at the Monte-Carlo Historic Rallye in 2011. Each Renault 4 is participated by a team of talented drivers, including past and former F1 drivers, rally drivers and certain people with the liking of the Renault 4. Check out this beautiful re-enactment in this video...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience