Boost drop?

MirageAsti

Jan 8, 2012
Kota Kinabalu
www.facebook.com
Vacuum leak? Will that cause boost leak? I think its caused by the wastegate or BOV not holding boost?

vspec

Rookie
Oct 9, 2005
Tehran
in my case, it was the wastegate

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
Mine was with the boost controller last time, was using 'tulang ikan' boost controller back then, boost all the way up till 0.9 bar then dropped to 0.6 on high rpm...changed it to boost tee & its all good now :)

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Manual boost controllers work either using leak, or ball & spring type like boost tee. I've got a used original turbosmart boost tee for sale if you're interested.

ahloy74

Feb 6, 2011
n sembilan
Bro, do a boost leak check. Google it, you would be surprised to know all the clamps are potiential leak point. Did mine and changed all the clamps to a bolt type clamp.

ahloy74

Feb 6, 2011
n sembilan
Actually kind of overboosting to 1.2bar right now.. Screamer pipe normal problem..
Meaning the screamer outlet is kind of small and making the venting of exhaust gas via wastegate is rather less. Now more exhaust gass will turn the turbine and making higher boost. Correct?

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
Just done making a screamer pipe just now. Boost back up to 0.8 lol. Backpressure problem?
In my case I set the boost to 1 bar and when I boost, the meter shows more than 1 bar..
It goes more than 1 bar like 1.1 . why is that so ? and I get some backfiring after boosting kuat sikit .

ahloy74

Feb 6, 2011
n sembilan
In my case I set the boost to 1 bar and when I boost, the meter shows more than 1 bar..
It goes more than 1 bar like 1.1 . why is that so ? and I get some backfiring after boosting kuat sikit .
Hadi, think thats normal. It is called boost creep. Its the nature of your wastegate spring. If you use electronic boost controller, this creep can be minimised. Not very sure bout the backfire though. If not mistaken, mitsu ignition sys is wasted spark. Sometimes you get this kind of pop sound when gear changing in normal manner. Not tarik time. Think so...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ok here it goes,
I am facing slips with exedy normal clutch
I have in my mind to change to exedy semi racing
but then some of them warned me of Clutch Pump frequent failure , true ?
What if i put a racing clutch with OEM pressure cover , how ?
and anyone here on triniti clutch with oem covers ?
thanks a million.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience