Is installing Open Pod air intake supposed to be loud at higher accerleration?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
haha iszo....recently i just cut some bigger opening hole at the "resonator" to create a bigger air buffer area inside the airbox.....hehehehehe...now the car roars and a bit more responsive :driver:

(still a sluggish auto by any mean) :biggrin:
Fuiyo.. eh take pics and post as a DIY la. If you cut the hole in the resonator did you cover it with a breather or some sort of filter? Take pics share share la.

The result is filtering result or performance result? Well running filterless is like breathing through nose without nose hair...oh my lady gaga!
Hahaha! Lady Gaga indeed! The result of the test by Mightycarmods was performance. Filtration testing isn't really that a big deal imho since anything that gets sucked into the combustion chamber is gonna burn into crisp and break down into either nothing or carbon. Worst case scenario is you get a lot of carbon buildup and your engine oil gets real dirty real fast.

Damn! Wasted my money on KNN Drop In filter then :frown:
Don't say waste la. Think of it as long term investment. Sooner or later you're gonna drop in that turbo and/or stroke and/or balancing and/or PNP and/or close ratio gearbox mah :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
no.. it wont eat.. but it drinks. :rofl::rofl:
Then I better not use Open Pod on Saga BLM...later Bazir Lebih Minyak....:hmmmm2:

Since now stock adi Minum like shit...:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I thought Saga BLM is fuel efficient? How many KM/L you are able to achieve bro?
4 bars of petrol for below 230KM+- if not wrong..City Drive...

If drive all the way to Sg.Siput constant 110km/h + some overtaking at 120km/h also 3 1/2 - 4 bars usually..

RM43 - RM50 for 4 bars...

his car got turbo kot,everytime pishh here and there:burnout:,wakakakakkaka
Got Surbo only...

kazukimy

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2006
KL/Pahang
devil-home.blogspot.com
bro, cant calculate using bar, u try reset ur odo meter, den pump full tank, den when reached 1/2 tank and refuel it, den take the amount of liter den divide it with how many km u manage to drive prior the fill up.....as the bar can be misleading due to the shape of the fuel tank

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
bro, cant calculate using bar, u try reset ur odo meter, den pump full tank, den when reached 1/2 tank and refuel it, den take the amount of liter den divide it with how many km u manage to drive prior the fill up.....as the bar can be misleading due to the shape of the fuel tank
Yes I did that before but never divide la...I just drive after 4 bars down, I pump back full. Then I roughly calculate example 239KM = RM45

Ya very misleading, that's why i prefer the Needle type of meter...never like digital..hard to estimate...

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Yes I did that before but never divide la...I just drive after 4 bars down, I pump back full. Then I roughly calculate example 239KM = RM45

Ya very misleading, that's why i prefer the Needle type of meter...never like digital..hard to estimate...
Managed to borrow my boss SAGA BLM (pre FL cars) for 2 weeks (1 week before and 1 week after)... and record every fillups (all full fillups) and its odo reading via FuelLog for Android I've managed to get 252km for RM45 (RON95)

Driving style is mixed... lots of town driving and balik raya to Kelantan on eve of raya (worst jam ever)

So for a full tank of fuel (40liter based on booklet) including reserve, I can safely said that 400km on average on this car...

maybe on a stock FLX auto it could go lots more... inaccurate digital fuel gauge notwithstanding hehe

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Ha? Hmm... Drop in with mods, 450km pump 40L.. 11km/L or 8L/100km..

Wah.. your fc unbelievably high leh. And I thought mine was bad with all my goofing around.

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
KNN drop in already cost RM200..half of the open pod price already..dat's y I'm wondering which to choose also. But it won't be now la...exhaust system warranty is 1 year. So after a year I'll be changing both extractor and filter at once. Now eat gardenia and save $$ first haha
im change my extractor about 1 year 3-4 months of ownership. filter ntg to do with warranty gua..

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

around RM0.17-0.18/km....around 9L/100km...
juz nw i go pump my car, RM50 for 156km...gila..Rm0.32/km...around 16L/100km :banghead:
wtf? mine full tank about rm 70 can go up to 450km on 90% highway and 380km on mix drive. What car r u driving?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Fuiyo.. eh take pics and post as a DIY la. If you cut the hole in the resonator did you cover it with a breather or some sort of filter? Take pics share share la.

Hahaha! Lady Gaga indeed! The result of the test by Mightycarmods was performance. Filtration testing isn't really that a big deal imho since anything that gets sucked into the combustion chamber is gonna burn into crisp and break down into either nothing or carbon. Worst case scenario is you get a lot of carbon buildup and your engine oil gets real dirty real fast.

Don't say waste la. Think of it as long term investment. Sooner or later you're gonna drop in that turbo and/or stroke and/or balancing and/or PNP and/or close ratio gearbox mah :biggrin:

i didn't cut hole for the outside air to come in...just make a bigger opening at the resonator "small hole"....so it transformed from a resonator into "surge" / collector tank of filtered air.....tomorrow i'll post some picture..... (at first i did this to give a bigger filtered air capacity to the MAF sensor because i tought my MAF sensor not getting good responds) :biggrin:

*the goodness of owning cheap car....not worry about expensive replacement if DIY mods gone wrong :rofl:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Drop in filter would not void warranty...but don't know bout open pod though.. I think even if void..whatever happens then just change back to ori and then only go claim ler...u're trying to temp me...cannot...cannot...sabar....:rofl:

I manage to do 14.5km/L on mix driving....13.8 on city drive. Traffic jam will usually be around 13-13.4km/L

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Drop in filter would not void warranty...but don't know bout open pod though.. I think even if void..whatever happens then just change back to ori and then only go claim ler...u're trying to temp me...cannot...cannot...sabar....:rofl:

I manage to do 14.5km/L on mix driving....13.8 on city drive. Traffic jam will usually be around 13-13.4km/L
That's awesome figures. Vios? City?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all great sifu out there....i just want to know which is the best inches rim to masuk on my wira 1.5:_: :hmmmm: ..? any sugesstion?:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience