Saga: The cheapest car available?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
for Saga some ppl face problem with the car but some do not have any problem... Proton QC still not good so depends on luck...so good luck to you bro...

1.6 cvt not gd fc car , like those kcars.

u buy new car 500rm per month +++ ,
7-9 years ,

let say u replace tanki , tb la , etc , is ok already.

my parent satria 1.3 replace 1.5k like this can jalan already,

rather than buy new car sakit ,

i pay my own car rm450 savvy , pay 6 years already ,

now i think for xx,xxx i rather put in my business

cvt fc is better than manual.
even my sis in law Persona IAFM Auto only consume RM30++ for KL-Kuantan trip.
driving style : follow speed limit.

don't worry. maintaining a campro never been a hassle.
as long u follow all the maintenance schedule, everyting should be fine.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

for Saga some ppl face problem with the car but some do not have any problem... Proton QC still not good so depends on luck...so good luck to you bro...

yup.
so far my family didn't have any problem with proton.
they have own a very first saga, proton knight, wira 1.5 carb and vdo, waja 1.8 and persona.
the waja 1.8 luckily didn't give any prob until my mom sell it, but the parts price will kill you.

for me.. i'm owning a satria neo and perdana v6.
no problem yet with the neo.. except high fc due to non IAFM engine.

BUT owning a perdana v6 is quite costly.
all front lower and upper arms need to change annually.
need to change those valve seals due to leaking. mileage just 250k.
p/s : surprisingly my pv6 fc is same with neo for town driving. highway pv6 save about 20% compare to neo. :hmmmm:

Last edited:
Perdana V6 = Problem car..heard lots of negative feedback...rich man's car they say LOL!

I think 1.6 iafm engine with cvt will give it an extra kick......that's why I opted for saga flx.....maintenance wise, we know we will encounter some trouble with proton....sooner or later....even my neo cps at home started having power windows problems.....not to mention the "jerking" problem which is never solved after many visits to SC (only solved after I changed to haltech sprint). solution: go for aftermarket parts. other campro parts easily available and cheap....so, it is a win win situation.....

Perdana V6 = Problem car..heard lots of negative feedback...rich man's car they say LOL!

actually not a problem car.
mine never breakdown at the roadside.
even if breakdown, it still drivable until i reach home. :love:

BUT the maintainance schedule and cost is higher than ordinary proton cars.
front lower and upper arm to change anually = RM1k
spark plug every 100k km = RM350 incl labour
timing belt + water pump = RM800 incl labour
valve seals (mine starts to leak after 250k km) = RM500 incl labour
gearbox oil every 20k km (never miss this) = RM100
gearbox filter every 40k km = RM100
steering rack (halfcut) = RM300 + labour
AT box (222 / 232) = RM1500 w/o labour (depend overhaul or recond)

for me the maintainance cost is slightly higher than other proton.
cannot lasak2 one.
she will treat you well if you know how to pamper her.

received delivery of my saga yesterday. Problems surfaced already.

Day 1
1. All 4 doors got vibration sound.
2. When I put the gear to reverse, got "yuyuyuyuyu" (ghost) type sound. Seems not normal :confused:
3. Wheels not aligned properly.
4. I thought they are using the same engine as persona iafm. doesn't feel the same power as persona. :banghead:

I should have gone with dominos instead!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

received delivery of my saga yesterday. Problems surfaced already.

Day 1
2. When I put the gear to reverse, got "yuyuyuyuyu" (ghost) type sound. Seems not normal :confused:
4. I thought they are using the same engine as persona iafm. doesn't feel the same power as persona. :banghead:

I should have gone with dominos instead!!!! :banghead: :banghead:

complaint it on first service interval. better go to COE.
that is whining sound from CVT box. if too loud get it checked immediately.
just get it alignment at outside shop.
4. I thought they are using the same engine as persona iafm. doesn't feel the same power as persona.
does it feel lousy than an automatic persona.? supposedly it perform better. or maybe engine haven't break in yet. you also only can feel nice fc after 5000km. try to maintain fully synthetic oil if possible.

Bro have you test drive Saga before you purchase it? Then u'll knw whether ur car got prob or not (well, sikit sikit) if it differs from what u'd tested.

I think the engine not yet smooth la...drive for 5000km and after 2nd service...should be alot better =)
Good luck

actually not a problem car.
mine never breakdown at the roadside.
even if breakdown, it still drivable until i reach home. :love:

BUT the maintainance schedule and cost is higher than ordinary proton cars.
front lower and upper arm to change anually = RM1k
spark plug every 100k km = RM350 incl labour
timing belt + water pump = RM800 incl labour
valve seals (mine starts to leak after 250k km) = RM500 incl labour
gearbox oil every 20k km (never miss this) = RM100
gearbox filter every 40k km = RM100
steering rack (halfcut) = RM300 + labour
AT box (222 / 232) = RM1500 w/o labour (depend overhaul or recond)

for me the maintainance cost is slightly higher than other proton.
cannot lasak2 one.
she will treat you well if you know how to pamper her.

must take good care lass...:driver:

Bro have you test drive Saga before you purchase it? Then u'll knw whether ur car got prob or not (well, sikit sikit) if it differs from what u'd tested.

I think the engine not yet smooth la...drive for 5000km and after 2nd service...should be alot better =)
Good luck

i've test driven it previously.
no rattling sound. got little whining sound from the CVT.
but the driving feels not as solid as persona and neo.
the one that i tested is FLX 1.3.. supposedly FLX 1.6 SE should be better in term of quality. :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

must take good care lass...:driver:

ya lohh.. need to pamper it well. it will cause jealousy between your spouse and car. :rofl:

the one that i tested is FLX 1.3.. supposedly FLX 1.6 SE should be better in term of quality. :hmmmm:

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

ya lohh.. need to pamper it well. it will cause jealousy between your spouse and car. :rofl:

fuiyooo...so must ready to face problems with this GB...must have strong mental and emotional.:banghead:

Have you clarified with proton regarding the Ghost CVT and door dancing sounds? I think FLX 1.3 and 1.6 SE doesnt differ much in quality..they are the same car. Only finishes, accessories, and engine are different. I'd driven my friend's FL 1.3 (Not FLX) before and her car has problems as well... RM60 of fuel can only manage to do 200km+, which is not normal. Do you mind to share your FC here after awhile of driving? :driver:

Proton new, not necessary can avoid repairing...:biggrin: But since u bought already, just hope everything will be alright for u then :top:
yezza..prefer perodua..but u already order...can't change anymore..just take good care for that car la bro....:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Have you clarified with proton regarding the Ghost CVT and door dancing sounds? I think FLX 1.3 and 1.6 SE doesnt differ much in quality..they are the same car. Only finishes, accessories, and engine are different. I'd driven my friend's FL 1.3 (Not FLX) before and her car has problems as well... RM60 of fuel can only manage to do 200km+, which is not normal. Do you mind to share your FC here after awhile of driving? :driver:

my frenz using saga FL..using car go here and there during working hours...always borrowing her cousin viva for better FC and fuel saving....

Top Bottom