surbo ? Useless ?

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
FVel said:
If I was on a low budget, it makes it all the more important for me to be prudently selective with my money and to spend my limited resources only on proven products.

If this is proven, why is it not universally endorsed by the industry ?

The strange logic here is that a stock car is somehow made superior by sticking in a 'miracle gadget'.....the idea being that something installed is better than nothing installed. Strange also that a low budget is used as an excuse to choose this product rather than patiently saving up for better and proven products.
Agree! If the is miracle gadget make the big different in power then I think Turbo face out long time already. Just bear in mind want to make turbo car faster is hard if NA faster is even harder. Good example is V-Tech

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
bro, piggyback rm1k, standalone ecu Rm3k ++
surbo rm170.

which 1 would u go for if u driving wira 1.3? with low budget?
Low budget use a beer can and DIY your own surbo. This thing is so cheap to make you wouldn't believe how much $$$ they make by selling to you at 170.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
relax bro, im just give my opinions...
no hard feelings ya bro.......just kidding anyways.
just sceptical bout this surbo. some say good, some say not good.
cos my bro in law keep asking me, he wants my opinion

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Low budget use a beer can and DIY your own surbo. This thing is so cheap to make you wouldn't believe how much $$$ they make by selling to you at 170.
bro, if your method works maybe can teach me, at least no need to fork out rm170...
better diy rite.....:biggrin:

devilish306666

Jul 7, 2007
KL - MLK - JB
If I was on a low budget, it makes it all the more important for me to be prudently selective with my money and to spend my limited resources only on proven products.

If this is proven, why is it not universally endorsed by the industry ?

The strange logic here is that a stock car is somehow made superior by sticking in a 'miracle gadget'.....the idea being that something installed is better than nothing installed. Strange also that a low budget is used as an excuse to choose this product rather than patiently saving up for better and proven products.
Maybe Danz's cousin is not into that car crazy to buy something that is more than 1k juz to increase the power. Or maybe he's just searching for a lil more power to climb the hill or whatsoever.
Why dont we suggest a better piping flow for him? just my 2 cents

Why dont u teach the processes in thd DIY section maybe :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Uh.. if I can find the thread, it's already there... (the DIY surbo using beer can)

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

This just shows how old I am (with ZTH).. these are ancient threads! :biggrin: And I remember all of them!

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/do-it-yourself-garage/316577-call-me-twisties-d.html

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/do-it-yourself-garage/7568-beerclone.html

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/do-it-yourself-garage/292-diy-air-twister-swirl-the-air.html

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/do-it-yourself-garage/37137-diy-how-to-diy-twin-surbo.html

Then there's from our once famous DIY-ers :

http://drexchan.fotopic.net/p9453679.html

Oh and read this : http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/51418-surbo-light-turbo-effect.html?highlight=gloss

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Maybe Danz's cousin is not into that car crazy to buy something that is more than 1k juz to increase the power. Or maybe he's just searching for a lil more power to climb the hill or whatsoever.
Why dont we suggest a better piping flow for him? just my 2 cents
I don't know Danz's cousin or exactly how keen he is with cars.

All I know is, personally I will not put any gimicky gadget, no matter how cheap, into my car on the blind faith of dubious promises of performance. There are too many unknowns with this thing in terms of what it will do to your vehicle, both good or bad. Sales talk is sales talk. I have heard a lot of them, from people peddling magical snake oil to dragon's teeth.

Call me conservative or prudish, but I like my car, and I won't feed it with stuff that don't already have a ready endorsement from the industry and community.

But hey...it's his money and his car. He risk what he wants.

simongs

Feb 11, 2011
seremban
im surprised the surbo is still being discussed..hehe...i hv used one in my aeroback many yrs ago..bought for abt RM170...i didnt really feel any difference...mayb i donno hw to activate..

mysayasan

Known Member
Jul 25, 2009
Johor Bahru

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
surbo = air restriction = will loose power..

velocity stack = sucking denser air = more power..

search for 'velocity stack' in wikipedia & google for images.. extremely beautiful :rock:

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

planning 2 change my brake pads soon.. pls help.. use it onli on street+some genting trip.. no track or illegal racing.. currently using bendix mk

Bendix rm80~120
EBC rm150~300
Endless rm280~400

problem i m facing.. if i pay 100 for a bendix it onli provide 'rm100' of braking power.. n if i pay rm300 for enless does it perform 3 times better than bendix or 2 times better than EBC.. or i pay rm300 juz bcoz it is 'Endless'..??

any better suggestion..
thanks..!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience