Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars for sale

Aloha ZTH - EVO8 for sale...

CT9A-911

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
Hi there ZTH...
For some of you who have seen my post in Engine & Performance swapping parts back to standard, I am also thinking of the option to sell the whole car :

1. Option 1 - Back to Standard

2. Option 2 - Existing Upgrades with the following mods done - Receipts worth RM80k inclusive of labour available as proof.

Magazine Write Up==>
ExtremeKars.com - Performance car

1. HKS GT3037S ball bearing turbo.
2. TOMEI 270 in/out 11.5 high cam
3. TOMEI 1000cc injectors.
4. SARD Fuel Regulator.
5. SARD Fuel Rail.
6. GREDDY Type R Blowoff Valve.
7. TiAL 60mm wastegate.
8. TONNKA custom manifold / downpipe/ exhaust system.
9. Aluminum racing fuel line
10. 2 x 255lph WARLBRO intank fuel pump.
11. HKS Hipermax Pro circuit/street suspension
12. JVC DVD entertainment system.(8k)
13. VOLK racing 17'' rims and Good Year RS Sport tyres
14. Cusco Tower bar
15. Aluminum radiator and extra large intercooler.
16. Ralliart Water thermostat
17. TOMEI engine oil thermostat.
18. Wiseco 87mm forged pistons
19. EAGLE Con Rod
20. ACL Race Bearings.
21. 6 x DEFI meters
22. GREDDY PROFEC B Boost Controller
23. Apexi Turbo timer.
24. HKS Fcon Vpro 3.24/harness/map sensor

Advise and comments welcomed. first come first serve guys....
:biggrin:
Tq all and have a good day!
Vasan

Attachments

Last edited:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
i wish all seller like you arr.. so many nice pics one hehe. bumpoo

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
nice ride with nice specs,good luck bro

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

just curious,any idea on how much the loan can go up to

CT9A-911

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
rakesh_v6's : Probably around 120k . Let me know if ur interested.
I'm selling only at 140k negotiable....

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
yea bro im kinda interested,where is ur location,perhaps we can meet for further discussion

CT9A-911

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
Azu MET008 : Currently 2 boost settings via the Greddy Profec B
Low Boost : 1.4bar - 386bhp - torque 42
High Boost : 1.8bar - 409bhp - torque 46
Fuel Management done via Fcon Vpro 3.24 ECU running piggy back on original EVO 8 ECU which controls all other electronics and aircon system....
Cheers!

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Hi there prospective buyers and motorsport enthusiasts ....
Just some more info on the car...
Cams:
Engine modifications were a massive tasks... practically everything was stripped apart and the crankshaft was balanced, /valve retainers and springs upgraded. the cam's are Tomei Procams 270 with 11.5 lift which are excellent for daily driving and also yes! air con also works. Some setups which use 272 cams and above the engine idle is near to impossible to stabilize.... and the 11.5 lift also is a screamer when you need the power.

Wastegate & Turbo & ECU:
originally was using 44mm wastegate but with the Fcon Vpro we realized that the power output of the turbo (HKSGT3037S) can really be pumped up with fine tuning... so we got a 60mm wastegate installed. Also a Greddy Type R blow off does its job very efficiently. Originally the not so efficient Apexi Power FC was used and we only managed 320bhp...but now with the Fcon Vpro it's at a safe 409bhp. Still got room to play as the HKS Turbo is rated for 450ps... but for every day driving car, 409bhp was more than enough.... :-)

Exterior :

Original paint except for bumper resprayed as there were too many stone chips..( caused by high speed driving on highways.... ) Front an rear lights changed to the more aggressive EVO8 MR . Rear bumper is EVO 9 with diffusers. Either than that all other parts are 100% original. Body goes for Polish every 6 months and wax a month later...

Tyres:

Am using Goodyear RS Sport ( made in Japan ) which are from my experience very well designed street racing tyres... Grip is very good on dry days which is when all of us go crazy and step on the throttle... on the wet i do not push the Evo although it got a very good AYC and ACD 4 wheel control system cos with 409bhp it can get ver yscary when things go out of control in the wet.... !

Hope you guys and gals find the info relevant.... enjoy .... i have already have 5 prospective buyers coming to view the car this week.... hopefully someone can own this little monster.... haha!

Cheers
!:biggrin:

CT9A-911

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
karigi : thanks for the bump... dunno yet, got some options... will unveil after i get it....
cheers

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Some more stuff regarding the car mods:
Sometimes when we look at all the videos of the Japanese modification scene, we are all convinced to do the same stuff to our rides.... but that's where the screw up happens....!
In Japan the average day temperature is 12 - 15 degrees C. in Malaysia, it is around 35 degrees.... that's about 20 degrees more heat for the highly sensitive performance engines, turbo or non turbo....

Water Temp:

So the first thing we did was to improve the cooling of the radiator system,. Stock radiator was replaced with an aluminum dual chamber unit. All hoses replaced with aftermarket high pressure hoses, stock thermostat was replaced wit the Ralliart version. Ralliart thermostat opens the valve to allow water circulation when the temp touches 72 degrees, the standard one only does it at 90 degrees if i am not wrong....
So that's one way to immediately have a consistent water temp of 75 degrees... all day long... normal KL city driving maximum 80 - 85 degrees with the sun blazing...

Engine oil Temp.

This is a very important aspect of modification.... i have spoken to many EVO or Turbo car owners... some have said that they are driving around with oil temps as high as 105 degrees ! damm....
ok ok... what we did is to change the oil pump ( 5 years already since manufactured) and then modifying the fins to allow for more faster flow of the oil .... we also changed the stock oil cooler to a HKS oil cooler . and then we did something else which is the real major thing that brings down the oil temp... there is another thermostat which is near the oil sump for controlling at what temp the flow happens in the sump. the device we bought is called the TOMEI STI Killer Thermostat or something.... about RM380(2 years ago) and then we installed it and then we saw the oil temp was always consistent at 85 degrees day time driving at 140km / hour... very impressive.... and then the most important thing for oil temp control....is the damm oil!
A lot of turbo owners use 10-40 (because of Japanese videos and recommendation in the User manual).... yes it can be used but you will see after driving hard and also long enough the oil dissipates... We only used 20-50 for the engine as if you ask any cowboy mechanic, the difference between 10-40 and 20-50 is that 20-50 is suitable for our very hot weather conditions... it actually really protects the engine when you are on full throttle.... 10-40 on the long run will lead to engine damage... trust me , i have been thru this....

So that's the 2 things we did on the cooling of the water and engine oil system.... and believe me it works for a 409bhp car....! :-)

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
CT9A-911,

Thanks for the guideline on cooling systems.
Have to copy & paste base on your setup after this (not all but some only coz yours big budget)

Admire some of your parts... :wavey:

BUMP for this MONSTER :rofl:

CT9A-911

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
CT9A-911,

Thanks for the guideline on cooling systems.
Have to copy & paste base on your setup after this (not all but some only coz yours big budget)

Admire some of your parts... :wavey:

BUMP for this MONSTER :rofl:
:driver: no problem pangyau... i think tmrw will talk a bit on the turbo set up...
Adios!

CT9A-911

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
later today will talk on the turbo setup.... Good day everyone! :driver:

Azu MET008

Known Member
May 28, 2009
hi bro.
i wanted to push thanks button, now i realize dont have such anymore...:confused:

Ur EVO is best around town for 6 speed & the next owner i think will be very happy to own it.:driver::nurse:

ini street monster nih!

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

Need help on reading A/F Ration...hehehe...

Yesterday i install a A/F Ration meter, and it doesn't show any reading when idling..no light indicator but when the car is moving and u release the gas pedal then it will onlt show the reading...it tat ok or that is something wrong? :P

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience