Accident between an SG car and an Msia car

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
Extracted from the net:

Days have passed since that fateful night when my ride was severely rear-ended and set upon by rogues in JB. The sadness in my heart whenever I see my ride now has slowly but surely ebbed away. Even thou, the scars still remain and I have yet to venture into JB since. My ordeal occured at 2am, 17th Mar 2006...

0200- I have just cleared the JB immigration and was cruising happily. I was very pleased with my newly acquired TRD rear lamps and DALs although the DAL's right low lamp was not working. My mind was thinking of which petrol station to go to. Looking at the time, I decided to proceed to my usual Esso/Mobil kiosk behind Pelangi Plaza instead of the Petronas kiosk in Larkin.

0210- I stopped at the T-junction further down from Pelangi Plaza, intending to turn right into the road leading to the petrol kiosk. The road is clear except for my car. When suddenly, a pair of head lamps flashed as I noticed a car coming down the slope at a fast speed. I looked into my rear mirror and began to realise that the car wasn't going to stop. I braced myself for the inevitable impact. BANGGGG! Although I had braced myself for the impact, it was strong enough to whiplash my head against the car seat. Cursing under my breath, I stepped out and stopped in disbelief of the damage. My bumper was totally wrecked, my newly acquired TRD lamps and my boot cover were grossly misaligned and my exhaust sounds like a COE motorcycle! My heart sank right down.

I turned my attention to the car who rear-ended my beloved Vios. It was a Malaysia-registered Champagne/Gold Proton Gen 2, the bonnet was severely dented and looked half the original length. The driver stepped out of the car rather unsteady and upon closer distance, I smelled alcohol! That jerk was drunk!! He was slurring about being "brothers" and offered to settle on the spot. He took out RM 150 and told me to compromise. I looked at him in disbelief and told him off that the amount was not even enough to cover my TRD lamps!! I told him that I will have to make a police report and he looked at me like I spoke in french to him! He started to babble about his friend's workshop in Permas Jaya and his bro in-law's workshop in Singapore but could not provide me with details when I pressed him for their numbers and address!

0230- By this time, a tow-truck (Same thing happened in Singapore as well!) has appeared and I have contacted my uncle who resides in JB and works as an insurance agent. My uncle brought his camera and took pictures of the vehicles while the tow-truck dude was trying hard to convince me that his workshop in Singapore is able to do third party claims. The drunk driver has sobered up and realised the **** he's in. He has surrendered his driver's licence and Identification Papers to me earlier when he tried to hoodwink me to let him go! My uncle took pictures of those as well! We told the guy to proceed to the police station to make the report if not, he will get into more troubles. He reluctantly agreed and told us he will have to pick up his wife first. I tried to start my car and the battery went dead (Stupid BM for refusing to change my battery weeks earlier when I complained to them!). My uncle jumped started my ride (I kept a set of cables in my ride just in case! ) and we proceeded to the police station opposite the BP petrol station further back.

0245- We waited for a long time outside the police station before the guy appeared with his wife. He told us that he wanted to contact his friend (who is the car owner) and get him to do the report. We decided to give him some time.

0315- After waiting for like an eternity, 2 cars pulled up and out came several young gangsters-wannnabes and started posing around my uncle and me. One of them went up right to my face and tried to stare me down. Immediately, my blood started to boil and I looked straight into his eyes. He was shocked and decided to keep a safe distance from me. One of the wannabes came up to me and started the "brothers" thingy again. Tried to persuade us to take up his offer to send my ride to his workshop. I took a look at him and told him straight that I do not trust him and proceeded into the police station with my uncle. The wannabes chased after us throwing curses at us.

0320- Once inside the police station, we went straight to the counter and my uncle told the officers on duty what had happened and we need to make a report. They gave us disgusted looks and proceeded to take down my statement. All these time, they only conversed in malay and refused to speak to me in English. Thank God that I have my uncle with me! What happened next totally left me in disbelief! The wannabes actually walked into the police station and treated it like their home! Talking casually with the police officers and one of them even came up to me and "asked" me to reconsider their proposition!! Right in front of the police officers! That sinking feeling I had earlier? I am felt like a sunk warship after being torpedoed by enemy submarines then!! In came the "owner" of the Gen 2 and he claimed all liability. As agreed earlier with the drunk dude who rear-ended me, we will do "swee swee" for them by allowing the "owner" to take the blame instead and we will be allowed to make the police report. We were then brought upstairs to meet the top "honcho" (police officer lahz) who will interview me and the "owner" together.

0500- After waiting for more than an hour, looking at the officers doing up their fish tank display (in the wee hours of the morning??!! ), the top "honcho" decided it was time for the interview!! Upon inside the room, I asked him whether my uncle can be present to intepret for me and he proceed to lock the room! The "honcho" was conversing freely with the "owner" in malay while ignoring me at all... I felt like I was in a conspiracy of some sort.. I was then given a piece of paper and was told (translated by the "owner") to draw out the accident (Obviously he has no clue what happened!)). Then the "honcho" gave me a piece of paper with malay words on it and told me to sign it! When I refused since I dun understand anything, I was told that I would not be allowed to leave till I do! In the end, I signed and was allowed to leave. My uncle told me that since I have all the evidence and basically the "owner" has admitted full liability, I should have no problems claiming insurance. Problem is I would have to claim against myself first and usually that will mean me losing my NCD and crop more loading in my premium next year!!

0515- Once outside the police station, we met a friend of my uncle whose company actually deal with such accidents between SG cars and MY cars! He told us that he will take over my case and help me with the third party claim but I have to go to his workshop in Singapore. Looking at the situation then, I was left with not much choice.. One thing that I noticed, the wannabes had all disappeared! When I returned to my car, my uncle noticed something weird and pointed out several scratches on my bonnet, front bumper and around the car!! Those a$$holes actually scratched my car!! I confronted the "owner" when he stepped out of the police station and asked him about our agreement earlier on! He denied he knew anything about the scratches and asked me whether I have evidence!! My uncle and I realised that they have managed to get back at us in the end! Resigning to what has happened and the fact that I just want to get out of JB asap, I thanked my uncle for his help and took off in my battered ride!

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
Hi.. i'm from SG.. and drives to JB frequently to shop and pump petrol..

after reading wad had happened to my friend.. i'm totally discouraged to drive into jb anymore(no pun intended)..

Anyone has the best suggestion to settle these kind of accidents? he's lucky that he were not attacked by those people..

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
haha.. you guys are funny.. ;)

back to the point.. what is the best way to settle this?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
To Koren,
I apologise on behalf.

To all:

Do you have to ruin good threads?
This is frustrating.
What is your maturity level exactly?

DO NOT POST IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY.
How many of you frequent the neighbouring country?
IF you do not understand the facts between both countries, DO NOT COMMENT.

If you have nothing constructive to post, please just read.

To anyone who practices the talk-then-think posting behaviour:
You are ruining Zerotohundred.com and insulting Malaysians. You are not welcomed please go to some other websites.

This is your final warning.
In future, all time-wasters will be permanently banned.

Please practice your general knowledge and PR skills before coming back to post.

Thank you
Tom

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Koren, where did you extract the story/incident? Reputable one ar?

deaconsx

Okamizu
Dec 6, 2003
JB - SG
www.okamizu.net
Hi koren,

I'm a daily traveller to SG and I feel sorry for your close friend.

Reporting to the police force is no use (in Malaysia), it's just a procedure and a must for claiming insurance. Otherwise, you won't even want to step in there. The officers smokes in the station, doing things slowly, and it doesn't even look like a police station to me.

I advice you and your fellow Singaporeans to be careful when driving/riding in JB, it is not a safe place to travel. Just buy whatever you need, and leave this city which is full of thugs on the road. Snatch thefts, killed by a bullet, break-ins. You'll never know when it will happen to you.

Peace!

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Erm...let's not call .Johor Bahru as Thug City...

BTW, just to remind to all that the topic in discussion is finding ways to settle the issue and accidents between Sing car and MAL car.

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
hmm....i think its not fair to call JB a thug city lor.....albeit a lot of mess r going around there, but think abt the locals the residents, do they really like wat is going on there in their lives, given a choice nobody would lor. Anyways, its just part of a growing society, peace to all la :D

RocketMan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
uiks...
mr tom!
u have deleted my msg?
i delivered a wrong msg?
anyway, its a good action for u to control the situation...
hola..enjoy your day guys!

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
koren,

so sorry to hear bout that...

that's why there rules everywhere...don't drink n drive...
if the driver wasn't drunk , sure thing will be settled accordingly...
no such unwanted cases happen...

BTW i like the way u wrote the story...kind of interest me...
nice english...

deaconsx - thug city aehhh...fill up petrol here...giv fresh water to you...n what so ever...common laaaa...we need each other...don't be childish...BTW...u also back n forth m'sia n s'pore right...common laaa...

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
deaconsx said:
Hi koren,

I'm a daily traveller to SG and I feel sorry for your close friend.

Reporting to the police force is no use (in Malaysia), it's just a procedure and a must for claiming insurance. Otherwise, you won't even want to step in there. The officers smokes in the station, doing things slowly, and it doesn't even look like a police station to me.

I advice you and your fellow Singaporeans to be careful when driving/riding in JB, it is not a safe place to travel. Just buy whatever you need, and get out of this thug city. You'll never know when it will happen to you.

Peace!
dude... accident took place at JB.. of course it has to be reported at JB police station, not SG.

deaconSX.. have u actually made police report due to car accidents before? or u just "heard" it.

I have experienced good cops that helped me throughout my accident case. I was threaten by thugs also, but again, the cops was good and prompt enuf to nail the thugs back to ensure my safety. Same goes to my gf, whom had the similiar accident as Koren's friend. I guess Koren's friend was in double bad luck to encounter both the accident and ordeal at the police station.

by the way, i'm a chinese... if u wanna get into the racial factor.

i always believe there is 2 sides of a story.... maybe the cops at that station was not so good, but perhaps, Koren's friend must have had something that caused that sort of threatment.

But anyhow, hopefully he could get his car settled asap. Car spoilt nvm... as long as he is safe. My gf had a bad whiplash that she had to wear the neck brace for a month.. and off and on, she still feels the pain at her neck...

Last edited:

AJ6677

500 RPM
Aug 12, 2005
Melawati
if encountered with this situation. things to do:-

1. make a police report on the accident. (traffic police station)
2. make a separate police report on the assault. (normal police station)
3. make a police report on the alleged misconduct by the policemen (police headquaters).

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i planning to add a Digital Aircon COntroller to my 2006 wira.
and since it still under warranty. if i change the digital Aircon COntroller , will it void my warranty ??

and did anyone here installed this ??need more advice from u all. thanks :P
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience