• Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 241K
Re: ZTH MINI Club!

Hi guys, need some opinion here.

My Mini Austin was'nt run for 2 years, current condition:
- 1.0cc, guess engine still not jam.
- No battery
- Using drum break with servo kit, already jam, guess master pump spoilt.
- Using 10" rims.
- Clutch already jam, guess master pump spoilt and clutch sticked.
- Radiator leaking, guess this can be fix easily.

My question is "Is it worth to repair"? Coz all these might coz 1-2k may be more. If so is it more worth if I buy half cut and share with some other mini fans?
Or I should buy a japan mini without grant and use my own grant?
Or anyone wanna make a package for all stuff I might need and sell me all-in-one with a good price?

As all Mini drivers know driving mini might burn your pocket sometimes if our decision wrong and we will feel tired and give up to drive. I hope to get some right opinion from all the experts here and make my Mini back to life.

Austin850,
I viewed your webpage, you got a wonderful Mini there:)

THanks & Cheerss
- skyline86 -

Skyline86,

Thanks for viewing my photopage. As for your mini...I would suggest you get a halfcut and transplant the parts to your existing mini. This way you can save a lot compared to repairing the car part by part. Restoring a mini is a tiring job...mentally, physically and financially. Getting a halfcut is the shortcut and you have lots of choices of engine that you can choose from (1.3, 1.0, auto, manual, injection, carburetter). Take your time to decide how you want your mini to look like and then start hunting for halfcut. You can give me a call/sms (012-3897450) and i can share my experience in restoring and maintaining a mini...

Cheers..

Skyline86,

Thanks for viewing my photopage. As for your mini...I would suggest you get a halfcut and transplant the parts to your existing mini. This way you can save a lot compared to repairing the car part by part. Restoring a mini is a tiring job...mentally, physically and financially. Getting a halfcut is the shortcut and you have lots of choices of engine that you can choose from (1.3, 1.0, auto, manual, injection, carburetter). Take your time to decide how you want your mini to look like and then start hunting for halfcut. You can give me a call/sms (012-3897450) and i can share my experience in restoring and maintaining a mini...

Cheers..

Thanks for the opinion, I found few half cut, price from 2k - 4k, if include labour, estimated I may have to spend alot to do the transplant, this reason make me think of to find good deal for those parts I need and repair those that not working. Then I found a Japanese joined roof mini, 1.3, magnolia meter, walnut dash, aircond, 12"...around 7k, it's really touch my thinking again to just buy n drive with the grant im having, make me dilemma.

Anyway, if I would to repair my Mini with the list stated above, do you have stock? My mini comes with 1.0cc, single carb, no aircond, with a fan and a 70's radio system, pretty much a mini with old smell, not those 1308cc, 1275gt. I would like to keep it in this condition and drive :driver: relaxly when I go back to Malaysia. If I have more money, ill buy another one hopefully go for hayabusa or b18, seems like talk to far, hahaha :burnout: .

Others sifuss, Sureshn, minicooper, any opinion? I hope to minimize the cost and just want to bring my Mini back to life.

Last edited by a moderator:

By the way, Austin850, Your Austin 7 MK1 in the picture really make my saliva come out from my mouth... nice car!

This is my mini, its beautiful, it just hibernate there for 2 years. Hope u guys got more idea after see my car pic.

mini1.jpg

mini2.jpg

mini3.jpg

- 1.0cc, guess engine still not jam - If jam, just spray a lot of WD40 into the spark plug hole... it will move....
- No battery - new battery RM130-140
- Using drum break with servo kit, already jam, guess master pump spoilt. - Convert to front disc with proton servo RM600 - 800
- Using 10" rims.
- Clutch already jam, guess master pump spoilt and clutch sticked. Check or change master pump RM250
- Radiator leaking, guess this can be fix easily. Send for welding RM15 and service RM30

Cost RM1000-1200 only....

skyline86,

You got a nice car there...it will be a good base for a Mini project. A mini in that condition is considered very good. If i were you i'd just do it up little by little and get yourself involve in the process of sourcing for parts and fixing the little tiny bits on your mini. I personally think that the cut and join mini is not as 'solid' as the good old 30yrs plus local body mini that you have. But on the other hand these cut n join or japanese minis are most of the time free from rust. If you are lucky you can get a whole complete japanese mini body with no cut n join history. I have been keeping my mini for the last 7 years. It was my 1st car. If you look at my photopage...the blue with white top mini is mine. Well...i can go on and on with this mini story thing hehehe...tell you what...here's my email [email protected] feel free to email me and tell me what you need...i'll be glad if i can help to get another mini going on the road again.

Cheers

half-cut !

Skyline86,

Cheers..

what half cut u have now ! can u show me the engine no. ! i need 1.3 manual injection ! thank u fren !i'm vee 012-4737672

what half cut u have now ! can u show me the engine no. ! i need 1.3 manual injection ! thank u fren !i'm vee 012-4737672

Nice to see the forum is getting going again...:)

This reminds me to take the photos and post it up on my stuffs for sale...

Thx for the reminder...LOL

:biggrin:

Guys, here are some videos to share... wanna see this thread back to life again instead of just some marketting stuff.... if u got parts or things for sale can post in another topic "MINI PARTS for sales"...

hehe... first, there is a Johor Mini fans running on 1300cc at 180km/h speed following a waja... congrates !! Not to compare to Hon-Ni(Vtec Mini) my fastest experience is 190+kmh with 1275GT + twim carbs, light wheel.... hehe.

http://www.youtube.com/v/we283ypEDiQ&rel=1

Then he hits 200kmh after some mods I believe... hehe

http://www.youtube.com/v/n7iGQPNZFcg&rel=1

Then this.... it does a fastest corner at 130+kmh... wonderful, but dont try this at home. One of my Mini friends in Penang was 4 wheel facing the sky few years back when he reach 130+kmh, somemore he is using 7J... wakakaka.

http://www.youtube.com/v/tLHKcR8p6Hk&rel=1

http://www.youtube.com/v/WC7Mx3xLL9Y&rel=1

And here... Austin Mini Cooper Rally race3 ... using A-series 1293cc engine with 286 cam. At the the time the car had maybe 80+ hp?

http://www.youtube.com/v/8wQvs-YReug&rel=1

Some race...StarLord Mini Podcast

http://www.youtube.com/v/CQcSXx4y3xs&rel=1

The last 2, I like it much...
classic mini vs mini BMW

http://www.youtube.com/v/2qmKqsIPnA0&rel=1

Mini cooper stunt 2/3

http://www.youtube.com/v/Cf6rOCxTC_g&rel=1

Mini is workable and raceable from daily drive, city drive, rally race, highway race, rob the bank like italian, and drift!! It is a car that will not disappear from the surface of earth. Thats the reason I love Mini, this is the spirit of driving a Mini.

Cheersssss, hope u guys enjoy the video!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brudder skyline86,

My apology for wanna sell my goods from my car...I cant seem to find this link that ya mentioned. Can help plse?

Peace

anyone selling minis ? my friend is asking around 9k below. running condition with air con if possible.

red mini 878,

I got few Minis for sale. I might be able to offer your friend a Mini that fits his budget. Call me at 012-3897450 (Elmi) for details.

how can i join the club??? i'm driving old mini, pm me plz

how can i join the club??? i'm driving old mini, pm me plz

There are lot of us driving classic mini. You no need to do anything, just feel free to join this forum, we could exchange opinion about Minis. Mind to tell me the model u driving and your location? We could just hang out together with few minis and yam cha teh tarik session, everything free, u just pay for your own tea, that is.

redmini 878,

Yeah Austin850 have few great minis in his garage, just call him.

good to see this thread moving again.

hi skyline. long time no news. have u fixed your disc brakes, yet?

To All The MINI FREAKS.......

have a Blessed New year!!!......:adore::adore::adore:CeleBrate with Ur Love ones but my chic just Dump me:mad::mad:

Life Goes On.....

MINI RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....:thefinger:

hi i'm chin ,i'm new here nice to meet u all happy new year,

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom