Tips and Trick!! Lets Share

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Considering we've gpt loads of DIY guys here like Alchemis, Joewe, Sidewaysgrey etc lets share tips and tricks we've learned so far.

i'll Start -

You can buy Ford Extreme Side clear indicators to replaced dull old style yellow ones. Beats buying for a bomb.

Always, always make sure the ast is the highest point of cooling system.

When refilling after engine flush i remove tb coolant hose.

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Yeah u can get from mazda lentis too. Cost abt RM70. Aftermarket from Japan costs RM160.

the TB hose is useful when doing engine flush. make sure hv to remove all air when refilling, otherwise cause overheat.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
basically i bought myself engine cleaning agent from those accesories shop spray it around my engine bay.... let it for awhile and flush away with mid pressure water....
engine bay is clean and dust or oil free :)

as for flushing my radiator.... i spent more than an hour...
1. un-plug the UIM, and radiator hose, near the thermostat
2. pump water through the radiator hose.... water will come out from the UIM hose
3. pump until water runs clear, put back all the hoses...
4. add chemical for rust removal (use only certified products, don't use salt or acid)....make start engine and warm up until normal operating temp for 10 mins, then cool down
5. open the hoses again (radiator and UIM), pump the water in again to flush out the chemical... you'll realise that the water comes out is rust water... light brownish...
6. blow using mouth on the UIM hose... water will come out from the radiator hose.
7. until no more water... add in water wetter and radiator coolant. and top it up all the way with distilled water or R/O water.
8. you have a nice and 100 % clean water in the radiator... confirm temperature will drop....

:)

Saabie

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
phat7 said:
You can buy Ford Extreme Side clear indicators to replaced dull old style yellow ones. Beats buying for a bomb.
Any idea what other makes uses the same model of headlamps as a FC?My reflector turn brown liao and the spare one i have is an old model which does not able me to replace the bulb.

And lastly does anyone hv the licence plate holder for series 5 FC cos my current one is a series 4 N.A version tail lamp which does not hv the holder.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Trying something new here guys, especially for those who haven't been following our social channels. I've been getting plenty of questions on YouTube especially regarding manual shifting H&T etc so I was thinking of compiling them here or creating a series of post revolving on driving topics

I hope this helps anyone searching for answers on footwork and such, let's dicuss

I'll start with this one:
How to Shift Quicker

View attachment 572362

View attachment 572361 ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience