Subaru WRX questions

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Originally posted by pebbells@Mar 3 2005, 15:34
hehehe not so monster la...

;) just a simple rex with mix up version of scooby parts in it thats all.... hehehe

Mostly all N/A scooby are 1.6liter for what i know.... Price range around 50k++...
this yellow coupe rex always near my neighbourhood jb perling one leh...
if its the same one...
i think the owner bought for 120k 1 year back...

Originally posted by Andy Ng@Mar 4 2005, 08:55
u may be underestimating the WRX...it is very driver friendly...easy to drive, easy to handle, feels safe, predictable, not edgy like some other turbo cars...can drive slowly like a normal car, and when pushed, still easy to handle...

adding a turbo to a NA 1.6 may not be as easy as you think, and may not be as cheap as you think...and reliability is questionable, yet you cannot get much power...limited by up to 0.4 bar boost maybe?

if you are lucky, putting in a 2.0 turbo engine may not cost too much (for GC8 lah at least) as the ver1/2 WRX halfcuts are not that expensive...it is also easier to just transplant whole engine, instead of hybrid a turbo into NA engine...of course getting an STI halfcut will burn your pocket lah...

We have a gathering tonite...go to
www.mysubaruclub.com
to check it out...
sorry but im still very unexperience wif subaru's.. thats y im asking questions.. im interested to know..

those 2.0 WRXs.. wat is the estimated price range?? cuz from wat i see in motortrader.. the prices are always different.. sum at 60k to 100k..
it is easy to find those stock turbo ones?? i wont wan a rojak one already.. i plan to do changes on my own myself.. :P can learn better..

thanz again for all the info.. i dun think i'll be free tonight.. but i'll try to drop by for the meet.. cheers :D

Well thanks ginger^fish... hehehe compliment ey...

Dont think he underestimating the REX.... just wanna know... no harm...

Workshop.... well...

RS Auto - summit area near metrojaya bus station...
Suwah ((rally workman)) - sungai buloh...

Electronic fitting - speed-d very good...

Paint job
Carmix mercury pain kepong
One shop at sungai besi....

Well this all that i know....

2.0liter WRX...
Depends on what year and which version la bro....
Version 2 and 3 usually around $50k++ and version 5 around $90++ abd version 6 can be up to $100++

Stock wrx turbo very easy to find.. except for the aftermarkets one... mostly gotta order or singapore lo...

Originally posted by DJmobile+Mar 4 2005, 17:36 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DJmobile @ Mar 4 2005, 17:36 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pebbells@Mar 3 2005, 15:34

;) just a simple rex with mix up version of scooby parts in it thats all.... hehehe

Mostly all N/A scooby are 1.6liter for what i know.... Price range around 50k++...
this yellow coupe rex always near my neighbourhood jb perling one leh...
if its the same one...
i think the owner bought for 120k 1 year back... [/b][/quote]
bui.tis 1 normal 4 door leh,not that 2 door RA lah....

Originally posted by pebbells@Mar 5 2005, 02:55
Well thanks ginger^fish... hehehe compliment ey...

Dont think he underestimating the REX.... just wanna know... no harm...

Workshop.... well...

RS Auto - summit area near metrojaya bus station...
Suwah ((rally workman)) - sungai buloh...

Electronic fitting - speed-d very good...

Paint job
Carmix mercury pain kepong
One shop at sungai besi....

Well this all that i know....

2.0liter WRX...
Depends on what year and which version la bro....
Version 2 and 3 usually around $50k++ and version 5 around $90++ abd version 6 can be up to $100++

Stock wrx turbo very easy to find.. except for the aftermarkets one... mostly gotta order or singapore lo...
thanz for the info.. when are u guys having a TT or a meet?? i wanna go check out sum scooby monsters.. :P

can register...subaru enthusiast...not necessarily...then the members will get down to work to brainwash you into selling your life to buy a subaru...

MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Originally posted by pebbells@Mar 3 2005, 15:34

seriously saw one 1.6 in motor trader b4,sellin rm3+k.when i call the seller said sold

Info

Can u give the address for the location in s'pore

Andy Ng said:
so far my GC8C48D WRX (MY94) dun feel like RWD...not like FWD either...quite neutral, mild understeer actually...easy to drive and handle...predictable...friendly...

2-door GC8...only 2 in Malaysia i think...and one is my friend's...expect to pay like 20K more than the 4 door model...because rare and better handling...stiffer chassis...

i can get 320km out of RM58 of petrol...but i'm light footed...

why people selling...car is old after all...most of the ones for sale are the 1992 to 1996 models...9 to 13 years old...

many upgraded to the GDA/GDB, so people like me can have opportunity to own these old GC8...now only car i canthink off upgrading in the future is...another subaru...

maintenance...except for the nitty gritty usual stuff of old turbo cars, the car is very hardy...engine tahan lasak, chassis does not rust easily, parts are not super expensive (can get cheaper from Singapore)(cheaper than Evo parts)

the car also has a unique exhaust note, and has some kind of cult following...it is more than a car...it is like a way of life...

i'm happy to have the car...

ginger i tot u got ur car already.. .or still looking...

Hi

Actually i bought the subaru 1.6L n together i get the WRX halfcut i just want to some accessories at s,pore(im staying in JB).

wrxs

ya loh that is true wut pebbells,andy ng,lotusgrey speak..but 4 me..better search/buy for 1997-1999 wrx version 4-6 with sti or without if you consider to buy Gc8 la...welcome to scoobies world..