Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

(Sharing) Exhaust/Muffler setup for Lancer GT

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

BtLeJuiCe

Known Member
Please share with me/everyone here your exhaust/muffler setup on your Lancer GT. Just wondering if there is anyone out there that kinda hate the sound (I consider it noisy) from the stock muffler? Anyone can share any setup that looks nicer as well as sounds quieter and nicer? Please share the photo if you have any :)

I'm currently using the stock exhaust system and the noise really irritates me like heck.. Any nice quieter exhaust?

How loud is this hotbits?

Stocks should be very quiet.....I guess you need to spend some time and $$$ to look into cabin sound proofing....hehe

Stock is quiet but the sound itself is simply irritating to some. Hotbits is a louder at higher RPM but it gives you the sporty sound.

Sound proofing is a good idea except it is going to cost more than replacing the exhaust system especially when you want a very good sound proofing. Besides, sound proofing adds weights to your car.

Well that's what it showed on my dyno chart before & after. Anyway, you're right in the sense that even if there's indeed 15bhp or 15whp, it doesn't make much difference...

Hotbits from Speedworks. Not quieter but definitely sounds nicer than stock. Gives you extra 15hp. Costs less than RM2k. Quality could be an issue though depends on your luck. http://www.speedworks.com.my/

hi there, could u elaborate a little bit more on:

"Quality could be an issue though depends on your luck."

Does that mean that Speedworks have QC problems with their labor or there's variants in the quality of the exhausts by hotbits?

i've seen many with the twin mufflers (evo10 look-alike) on the streets. quite sure they're custom made. but hesitant to do that cos there would be a decrease in power/torque.

better change to Sylphy.. it more quite though... just kidding..
actually LGT losses a lot in sound proofing... that is where you need to start quieting your LGT.

hi there, could u elaborate a little bit more on:

"Quality could be an issue though depends on your luck."

Does that mean that Speedworks have QC problems with their labor or there's variants in the quality of the exhausts by hotbits?

i've seen many with the twin mufflers (evo10 look-alike) on the streets. quite sure they're custom made. but hesitant to do that cos there would be a decrease in power/torque.

I had Hotbits installed sometime in 2008, a few months after Speedworks rolled out their exhaust system designed for LGT. Installation is smooth, almost everything is plug & play as they designed the system based on their own LGT. But later I had to go back two times to get each section replaced due to a variety of quality issues. Another LGT owner who installed Hotbits at the same time as I did had to go back for 2-3 weeks and still couldn't get his problems solved. The staff there admitted at that time that they did have some quality problems to solve. I don't know if they had improved already in the past 2 years so it's up to you to give them a try.

I am not aware if there's any functional twin exhausts/mufflers for LGT. Many of them are simply fake (you can tell if one exhaust is dirty and another is shiny clean). Besides, I am not sure if LGT generates enough gas that warrants a two-exhaust setup. You're right that there could be a decrease in both power and torque due to lack of backpressure.

Top Bottom