need help! buying 2nd hand lancer mx

silver_lancelot

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
greetings fellow MLOC members

As u all know before this i do post in this thread wtb lancer mx, finally my wish come true..i WTB a 2nd hand lancer mx from a used car dealer with reasonable price.

Now before i proceed, to be save on buying this car, i want to ask help from fellow MLOC members to give some tips on buying this car.

This car already converted to mivec 1.6 with manual transmission.

1) How to make sure this car not have any problem with it engine by looking on the physical info such - ( vibration, noise, sound etc).

2) Since buy this car from a used car dealer, what type of documentation that will be provided by the dealer when 1 buy this car such - AP form, JPJ Engine Conversion form, etc.

3) I plan to change the gearbox to auto. Can this be done.

4) Look and feel of the car structure, to identified if the car already got potong, or converted to 4wd.

5) Any info related to lancer mx mod and conversion that can alter the car structure.

Last edited by a moderator:

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
1) Drive it! creaking noises from dash is quite normal for an old car but beware of noises coming from engine (belt hisses, idle vibrations - engine mounting, lower arm noises while driving...etc)

3) Can be doneeee

5) MX - mivec conversions are pretty common already although there are many different levels of conversion that could be done. top only lar, top bottom lar, etc etc. I dont see how it can alter the body structure of the car, unless left in the hands of an extremely moronic mechanic.

silver_lancelot

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
tq for the info. Some say that if want to check if the engine ok or kong, before start the engine, open the engine oil cap. Then start the engine with the cap open, if can see the bubble in the engine oil section so this mean that the car near kong and sure need overhaul.

So is this true? tq

lancer7891

1,000 RPM
Nov 12, 2006
bro..

are u buying the black colour lancer MX??hehehehe

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Wanna ask..

It's WJJ **** plate, silver color car?.

Asking saja...

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
greetings fellow MLOC members

As u all know before this i do post in this thread wtb lancer mx, finally my wish come true..i WTB a 2nd hand lancer mx from a used car dealer with reasonable price.

Now before i proceed, to be save on buying this car, i want to ask help from fellow MLOC members to give some tips on buying this car.

This car already converted to mivec 1.6 with manual transmission.

1) How to make sure this car not have any problem with it engine by looking on the physical info such - ( vibration, noise, sound etc).

2) Since buy this car from a used car dealer, what type of documentation that will be provided by the dealer when 1 buy this car such - AP form, JPJ Engine Conversion form, etc.

3) I plan to change the gearbox to auto. Can this be done.

4) Look and feel of the car structure, to identified if the car already got potong, or converted to 4wd.

5) Any info related to lancer mx mod and conversion that can alter the car structure.

My suka2 answers :-

1. Start the car , let the engine run for at least 10 min or when when the fan start to pusing. Later make sure no white smoke come-out la...if got sure engine need overhaul la. Tried to rev the car few times after that and observe the smoke.

2. Make and must ensure From JK69 & JK1 available. These are what we call "AP documents". Make sure geran fully endorsed with the new engine no (cross check).

3. Change gearbox can be done...but to outsource the tiptronic gearbox (hard to find), ECU and some wiring mods. Better stick to manual lah. Can layan stock B16A with its 83++rpm redline!!

4. If it's original 1.5cc, chasis should be CK2A XXXX, or if it's ori 1.6cc chasis should be CK4A. If it's 1.5 4WD chasis should be CM2A. Better send to Puspakom to verify the real condition. Normally if Mivec, rear lantai no need to potong!.

5. If the ori conversion is from 1.5 to 1.6 only, then technically no mountings mods are needed since the engine & the base are plug and play. Unless the previous owner suka2 mods..then we donno la.

That all.

Last edited:

silver_lancelot

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
tq for the info..yeah want to buy the black color lancer. Well u go and check the car ka? so how..ok ka!

silver_lancelot

Known Member
Oct 12, 2006
my wife want to drive auto. I trade in my persona auto and want to buy this lancer. ahaks
so anyone want to buy my car? :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all sifus, just wondering whether this can be done on a Lancer meter (GSR, Evo, Mivec)? Any shops selling or able to customise one? Please refer to the pic below:

Thank you in advance.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience