more power for AE111 blacktop

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

sylkhannaz

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Selangor
Ahahaha. i guess 200hp is really unrealistic huh? Gosh. Hehe. Thanks for such quick response.

Well, actually here is why i'm asking. 20v Blacktop is considered a powerful engine, right?
165hp stated in toyota engine specs (RON100-engine dyno) for a 1.6 engine is quite good. Plus, the 6-speed make it even more 'stim' to drive. The thing is, it has been beaten by Civics(VTECs). That is plural, 'civics'.

So basically, i dont like to be beaten by civics. I need to mod this engine to the point that not mere VTEC can beat it.

How much horse power / torque do we really need and how to achieve it? Well, the car should still be able to be driven daily.

ps://let us share our knowledge for our fellow toyota fans :)

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
well what you need is money!!......
u got that then not a mere car can tarpau you :)

sylkhannaz

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Selangor
Money? Well, yeah.. of course. :) heh.

I'm trying to keep this thread very useful for 20v 4age users besides myself and i do hope those who have a lot of experience to share their knowledge here.

synchron

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
The Vtec that you mention all the time might be with 1.8 or 2.0 litter engine. If you want to chase after these categories of engine that might be a little impossible unless ur engine is heavily modded.

All 1.6 Litter engine are basically on the same level after they are modded. The only problem that you are looking at will money like what everyone has mention.

It will be a little greddy if you want your car to have unmatchable power yet to be drivable.

If you want something you would need to sacrfice something else.

sylkhannaz

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Selangor
Good advice synchron. i do have to agree with u. We cant get the best of both world. I'm not sure i that those vtecs were 1.8 or 2.0.

I'm not a street racer and i also do not play tracks. So i guess what i can do is to have a lil bit of both performance and reliability.

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
sylkhannaz said:
Good advice synchron. i do have to agree with u. We cant get the best of both world. I'm not sure i that those vtecs were 1.8 or 2.0.

I'm not a street racer and i also do not play tracks. So i guess what i can do is to have a lil bit of both performance and reliability.
If you want to fight with VTECs, DON'T Drag with them!, Any mildly modded B16A Big V will have upper hand when VTEC Kicks in and when they are on 3rd gear. BUT, any 4A-GE 20V will have very good chance of outrunning most B16s on slalom race - why? becoz nothing rivals 20V Four Throttle responses. One of these days u shud bring your 20V to Sepang and you will understand what I am talking about - with proper gearing technique you will love how 20Vs live up in the 6000-8000RPM

S

sincere1

synchron said:
I have seen a few guys with 6 speed 7age 20v blacktop and 7age big port in KL and Penang. The 6 speed 7age 20v blacktop is own by a halfcut shop manager in Jalan Chan sow lin in KL. So far he got a celica VVTL-I 6 speed gearbox and emanage to control it.Alot of low end torque but the overall power is not really impressive. So i have not seen 7a hybrid which make power more than 7000 rpm even with cams.
i requested bythe halfcut shop manager in Jalan Chan sow lin in KL, to submit this thread. he said: WHO SAID MY CAR PERFORMANCE/POWER IS NOT REALLY IMPRESSIVE...!!! L ALWAYS WELCOME YOU COME TO CHAN SOW LIN AND FEEL THE POWER...!THE POWER BAND B\NEVER END BEFORE 8500RPM!!!

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
kekekeke...even chan sow lin boss also angry already~
keep on goin..i'd liek to rread more

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
muahhahha i find it funny....just wait for our own sifu 7age 20v hehehhe

S

sincere1

the halfcut shop manager in Jalan Chan sow lin in KL read this thread recently, thread is one year ago..but the people still alive......
he said the fello wanna to meet him (or his 7A), 9am - 6pm....welcome welcome!!!! he should know where to meet !!!!

omronz

Dec 24, 2006
hi..

any problems with 6 speed gearbox? from my experience, it seems it is kinda hard to shift from higher to lower gears, especially from fifth to fourth. If miss gear, then 'kraaakkk' will be heard. I also have slipped my tyres twice in corners due to this problem. Any tips?

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
wa... so old topic still can reborn...

omronz

Dec 24, 2006
yeah i know..hehe...just wanna save time, memory and space rather opening a new thread..hehe