master brake booster and proportioning valve

Derrick2008

Known Member
Nov 20, 2007
Hello all the car owners,
Recently I just completed EK9 5 lug conversion to my Civic EG. Now the problem is the break seems like very slow respond as compare to last time. I suspect the original master brake booster and proportioning valve need to be upgrade too.
Any idea which master brake booster and proportioning valve is more suitable & recommended to my car & can fit well into my EG without modification?
Thanks,

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
DC2 and EK9 proportioning valve can be used. I used one from EK9... there's many types, 40/40, 60/40, they're all brake bias ratings.

welcome to EG 5 lug group :P I converted the moment I got my EG.

Derrick2008

Known Member
Nov 20, 2007
hi shiro,
ek9 prop valve can fit eg hardliner? i saw eg & ek prop valve design is totally different.
what's the best booter for eg, how about CRV one?
thanks,

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
hi shiro,
ek9 prop valve can fit eg hardliner? i saw eg & ek prop valve design is totally different.
what's the best booster for eg, how about CRV one?
thanks,
you just have to bend the hardlines to fit. for me, if you're using 5 lugs from an ek9 or dc2 the answer is pretty obvious which valve suit you best, unless you think that you can do better than honda engineers that designed the ek9/dc2 proportioning valve for that particular brake system. I'd say go with ek9/dc2 for the best feel in braking.

brake boosters are not proportioning valves, they're the thingy that holds the brake servo in place. cusco makes one, but I like feel's one better.. (better looking, lol) but I've yet to see one locally. I'm definitely looking out for it.

Derrick2008

Known Member
Nov 20, 2007
you just have to bend the hardlines to fit. for me, if you're using 5 lugs from an ek9 or dc2 the answer is pretty obvious which valve suit you best, unless you think that you can do better than honda engineers that designed the ek9/dc2 proportioning valve for that particular brake system. I'd say go with ek9/dc2 for the best feel in braking.

brake boosters are not proportioning valves, they're the thingy that holds the brake servo in place. cusco makes one, but I like feel's one better.. (better looking, lol) but I've yet to see one locally. I'm definitely looking out for it.
hi shiro, what i menas is the master brake pump which is round shape & in black color. do u think crv one is better?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I'd say go with double layer (or some might call triple layer) units. If you can get ek9/dc2, go for it, you can try other models like the prelude and such, but you might not get it to fit properly in the relief at the firewall.

Derrick2008

Known Member
Nov 20, 2007
Yes, prop. valve must get from DC2 with non-ABS one & the master brake pump must get from DC2 as well. Am I corrent? Bro Shiro.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
u might consider on paying slightly more for better brake pads and also upgrade your brake hoses to steel braided. enhancing your brake system for safety is always okay.

Now the problem is the break seems like very slow respond as compare to last time. I suspect the original master brake booster and proportioning valve need to be upgrade too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi stanley,

I have a set of hotbits adjustable absorber comes with spring for my civic S04. It's time for me to send for re-valving. My question is , do you do service or re-valving for other brand? If yes, how much it cost?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience