Lets Talk Abt Noises

ryonan

Known Member
Bros,

Please give input if u can:

1) infamous "cricket in the glove box" problem --> servo arm right?

2) high pitch / whistling sound coming from same area (comes and goes...reminds me of sound in old proton saga) --> how to fix?

3) rear --> occasional krok krok / creaking sound...i think something to do with rear brakes or hand break...comes and goes also..maybe can easily fix with WD40..but which part to spray..?

4) absorber sound when going over bumps

now the only noise we have is the spring/absorber going "creak" when someone goes in the car or go over speed bumps.. Maybe sign of the absorber needs to be changed.

Absorber Sound:
if you are using adjustable absorber (e.g. TEIN), the "creak" sound should be the noise created when the spring compressed and rub each other.

Solution: Buy the spring rubber ring that wraps around the spring that rubs each other. That should solve the problem.
Alternative: Service or change the absorber

Krok Krok from the Rear.
Could be the bushes. Check for worn out or cracked bushes.

got the krok sound reduced after servicing car last week..
this sound is early in the morning when u brake ur car..
shop say is quite normal for altezza's brake pad to be loose..
he demosntrated and it produced the same sound..
anyway he smooth the pads using sand paper...

also got my front discs skimmed...it was uneven..

next want to check the absorbers and maybe the bushings as recommended..

absorbers:-
OEM vs TRD sportivo vs Tein Street Master vs Tein Comfort Sport

1. I have this - krok krok sound like water being shaken in a container
2. No
3. I have this - kling kling sound (like metal hitting each other) from both rear wheel when going over uneven surface like yellow speed lines, up n down parking ramp etc very loud. Been there since few yrs dy. Vision said it's due to piston clips knocking against caliper - nothing much can be done. The sound is very irritating. Anyone having this prob?
4. I got a very loud 'tok' sound on front left wheel everytime going over bumps.

2) either lubricate the servo arm and gearing...and if that doesn't help, then replace it...

sorry ar all taiko, newbie asking, what is the servo arm (particularly in this topic/discussion) ?
isit the servo to control air-in vents?

Last edited:
Bros,

Please give input if u can:

1) infamous "cricket in the glove box" problem --> servo arm right?

2) high pitch / whistling sound coming from same area (comes and goes...reminds me of sound in old proton saga) --> how to fix?

3) rear --> occasional krok krok / creaking sound...i think something to do with rear brakes or hand break...comes and goes also..maybe can easily fix with WD40..but which part to spray..?

4) absorber sound when going over bumps

1 - happens to me too. am gonna try fixing it when i got time (and the tools)

2 - eh.. didn't notice.

3 - also got.

4 - also got.

You're not alone, bro. :P

I had the absorber as well...went away when I changed to TRD absorbers...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom