Can Streamyx Support Fiber Optic Network Already ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL

My Condo is using Fibre Optic Networks..
If Streamyx cannot support... Sien lah...

tOe

Dec 15, 2003
tested in certain area, but fail big time... i think for those havin fiber backbone have to wait for another half a yr or more, anyway still depends on area...some area may get it earlier.

:ph34r:

Crashvenom

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
malaysia
Originally posted by johnsonlam@Feb 24 2004, 10:55 AM

My Condo is using Fibre Optic Networks..
If Streamyx cannot support... Sien lah...
go for another isp la..

melnikor

Known Member
Dec 31, 2003
kl - kb - kl
Visit site
yes ...streamyx can support in fiber optic area ...

last time telekom only install the equipment for streamyx that only for copper area...which 1 of that equipment can support 400-700 user per exchange. which ussually in one exchange ussually have more that 3 of those ...

now .... in certain area telekom have install the equipment for the fiber area .. maybe you can check again if they have install it in our area ......

and i heard in future that telekom will install the streamyx equipment together with the fiber equipment.....so just wait and seeee....

blahblah

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Milky Way
www.bernardloke.com
yup...can already..im on fibre optic line with streamyx since Sept 2003, but in KL lah.

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
OH COOL !!!

Soo.. Penang Dunno got or not..
I am less than 5 KMs from the Trade Zone and less than 10 From AirPort.

and Right next to the upcoming E-Condo... :(

I will call telekoms to ask right now..

Wayward

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
Penang, Malaysia
Visit site
all together !

say it with me :

TELEKOM SUCKS !

thank you...... don't you feel better now ?

Wayward

weaponx

Dec 29, 2003
Johnson,

Nope, Streamyx still needs copper wires if I'm not mistaken. The workaround is for Telekom to install Pizza Box at the apartment. It's very expensive so they only install it if there's lots of demand from the particular block. I've confirmed that Taman Pekaka, Jade View and Gambir Height already have Pizza Box installed. I have frenz in all 3 apartments and they are enjoying broadband now :D

melnikor

Known Member
Dec 31, 2003
kl - kb - kl
Visit site
Originally posted by weaponx@Feb 27 2004, 02:15 PM
Johnson,

Nope, Streamyx still needs copper wires if I'm not mistaken. The workaround is for Telekom to install Pizza Box at the apartment. It's very expensive so they only install it if there's lots of demand from the particular block. I've confirmed that Taman Pekaka, Jade View and Gambir Height already have Pizza Box installed. I have frenz in all 3 apartments and they are enjoying broadband now :D
yuppp ... for fiber area do need a pizza boxxx....

but .. latest news that i heard ..now telekom are testing a fiber equipment that can direct supply streamyxxx ... with out pizza boxxx...... so just wait for the good newsss...

joey70i

Nov 20, 2003
Yup they can run on fibre optics already. My place is on fibre optics and have to wait for more than a year. Finally they came and install which was last November. So I guess in some area they are able to do it (mine is in USJ) its just a matter of time they are able to do it for all.

Better to confirm with them, for all you know your area is already covered.

Cheers :D

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
:( :( :(
hai..... how long must I wait...

Archangel

Dec 5, 2003
PJ
Visit site
how is the performance for those that r running the broadband on fiber / hybrid network??

my streamyx quality sux. no consitency. n the farking e-mail server also tiew lan.
sometimes the replied e-mail turn to [email protected]
n i farking told those idiots in tmnet about this n they aknowledge the error. that was like 4-5mths ago. now the same shit still can happen. :angry:

somemore the farking installer that did the installation for me, know shit. i pulak got to explain to that stupid ass what is broadband. also that idiot dunno how to configure the e-mail. at the end i got to do it myself. WTF!!!!!

i applied for 512k then tmnet give me 384k n charge me 512k price. chi bai betul. if i don't know how to check the speed kena tipu kau kau. i login to the modem admin page n tested the speed on the web then i call them n prove to them. ci bai.
tmnet sounded like conning me. happen to another of my fren also. :angry: :angry: :angry:

joey70i

Nov 20, 2003
The connection when running on fibre is quite good. Quite consistent and stable. My brother who is running on copper wires also looks fine to me coz havent heard him complaining about it.

About you kena charge 512k price for 384k line that one you have to check and clarify with them.

Coz like me initially applied for the first introduced 384k line for rm88 but when they finally covered my area (about one year later :angry:) they offered me at only rm66 as the 512k line was just introduced at rm88.

So far no complain from me as to streamyx connection :D

Cheers

melnikor

Known Member
Dec 31, 2003
kl - kb - kl
Visit site
Originally posted by Archangel@Mar 10 2004, 02:33 AM
how is the performance for those that r running the broadband on fiber / hybrid network??

my streamyx quality sux. no consitency. n the farking e-mail server also tiew lan.
sometimes the replied e-mail turn to [email protected]
n i farking told those idiots in tmnet about this n they aknowledge the error. that was like 4-5mths ago. now the same shit still can happen. :angry:

somemore the farking installer that did the installation for me, know shit. i pulak got to explain to that stupid ass what is broadband. also that idiot dunno how to configure the e-mail. at the end i got to do it myself. WTF!!!!!

i applied for 512k then tmnet give me 384k n charge me 512k price. chi bai betul. if i don't know how to check the speed kena tipu kau kau. i login to the modem admin page n tested the speed on the web then i call them n prove to them. ci bai.
tmnet sounded like conning me. happen to another of my fren also. :angry: :angry: :angry:
is it ...maybe u cam pm me ur user name and telephone number and your area of hour house ,,,...maybe can help u check for it ...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guyz, I drive a satria 4G93. When I rev it to more than 3.5k and release the pedal, my RPM will drop till almost 200rpm then return back to normal bout 700 to 800 rpm. Sometimes the idles will stay at there.
Anyone got any advice?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience