Can N/A beat Turbo? Let's discuss...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

enkeiRS

Aug 10, 2006
minggu lepas aku tgk race haram b20b vtec vs b8 210 4wd 400mtr,vtec menang wooo...1 car in the front.Actually,what i want to say....vtec memang power from turbo..hidup vtec..hahahaha

zaki

Known Member
Dec 7, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
enkeiRS said:
minggu lepas aku tgk race haram b20b vtec vs b8 210 4wd 400mtr,vtec menang wooo...1 car in the front.Actually,what i want to say....vtec memang power from turbo..hidup vtec..hahahaha
there are too many variables to compare vtec & turbo.....

pok nik

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2005
zaki said:
there are too many variables to compare vtec & turbo.....
yes true,depending on set up...for instance, my vtec cant even tapao kancil...hehe

pok nik

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2005
vtec, tebo,vtec tebo...wat bout supercaj...where does it go?any1 wish to discuss its performance n characteristics...

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
anyone know when should i replace my LSD oil? i heard FR cars has LSD oil at the rear shaft,i don't know what that called. it's not gear oil. my car is almost 100k kilometers. my machenic told me that oil stands very long millage,but i wish to hear more professional advices.

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
turbo needs heavy maintainance,if Vtec,i can rev it anytime i want. I usually drive between 4000-6000rpm on a cleared road,sometimes i drive it to the red line,guess what,that only costs me around 15-18cents/km. if turbo,should be more than 20 cents/km.

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
i didn't feel any power pushing the car like turbo does when the Vtec opens at 6000rpm,i just heard the sound of engine changed..to very sharp n loud. The S2000 doesn't come with nice audio or speakers system(only casset player),maybe they want u to hear the sound of engine rather than listening to the music from the cd player. the sound of the Vtec is the real music made by honda. My hands were cold n shivering everytime when the Vtec opens..it's excited,or rather should i say, scary..

raining

Known Member
Oct 7, 2006
kuala lumpur
one thing i found different between turbo n N/A is,a simple modification of a turbo tuned car can top up a lot of horsepower. But not in N/A

Daniel1688

500 RPM
Jun 23, 2005
PJ/KL
whatever ecu you're using i would like to stress that it all depands on the tuner.if you dun get a good tuner even if you're using motec M800 wont bring you much horsepower

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
raining said:
how much horsepower increase if a S2k change the ECU?
Hmm.. dunno much about S2K, but from what I've heard, the stock exhaust system is one of the main bottlenecks of the stock engine. there was an S2K around kelantan last year.. but dunno where it disappeared to.

Ecu tuning is not some magic technology that makes your car powerful.. what it does (basically) is simply control the fuelling and ignition depending on the air coming in your engine. It needs to go out as well, so new (pre-combustion air) can come in.

If no air (extreme example) enter your engine.. even the world's best tuner cannot get 1hp out of your car. :P

Get more air in and out of your engine, then tuning works to get more power out of that effect.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone knows where can i get this thing, it use to measure pressure along the injector pipe by clamping it on the pipe. look like the battery clamp.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience