anyone did this ? <popup light conversion>

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
i wanna go ahead with this project but donno wad lights to use anyone noes?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
nice. go for piaa lights. they'll provide proper lighting.

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
Hella 90mm modules. Your choice of high beam or low beam module. The one that'll be most suitable for our regulations is most likely the H7 bulb low beam module, where the front cover can be twisted to for either right hand or left hand drive.

Stafford Vehicle Components - AS193 90mm headlights

Hella 90mm Headlight Modules

The H7 module's backing plate can be modified to fit an OEM D2S HID bulb if you're so inclined. The optics are not designed for HID but this site here reckons that the light quality and amount wouldn't be affected by much, except for whatever that has been stated:

Hella custom headlight units

Please update us on your progress if you're going forward with this project =)

Cheers

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
i will be going ahead with this along with sleepy eyes which i will be diy'in myelf. 90mm hella modules can fit ? isn't it abit too big?

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
nice. go for piaa lights. they'll provide proper lighting.
piaa lights are hard to come by in sg? possible to get in msia? if so where can i get them? thanks phat for the info man :) appreciate it :proud:

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
Hella 90mm modules. Your choice of high beam or low beam module. The one that'll be most suitable for our regulations is most likely the H7 bulb low beam module, where the front cover can be twisted to for either right hand or left hand drive.

The H7 module's backing plate can be modified to fit an OEM D2S HID bulb if you're so inclined. The optics are not designed for HID but this site here reckons that the light quality and amount wouldn't be affected by much, except for whatever that has been stated:

Cheers
are the hella 90mm modules too big? as i wanna go sleepy eyed?
i went thru Susquehanna Motorsports Home Page to compare.. anyway thanks for the input man i will read up and try a cheapo set up for a month to check if i can really diy . and of coz the police can accept it ant haha.. sg is a really fine city..i need abt 2weeks and will start this weekend.

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006

Cheers
btw i take it that H7 lighting is better thn H9?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
pivot makes the sleepy eye controller. i thinks its calle rhu m.

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
yeap you are right but i will not be buying that item instead i will be DIY'in my own switch. hit up youtube and u will know its ALMOST the same as silvias just that u must know which wire is which.

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
Apologies for the late reply...

Erm, they're about 3 inches as far as the glass cover's overall diameter is concerned. I'm not sure if it will be too big but if you're concerned with that, Hella makes a model called Micro DE which is 50mm in diameter. Google it.

As for the differences in H7 and H9, I cannot say. I've no experience with either. Maybe the wikipedia article may help you:

Headlamp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Might be a bit of a read, but research before any project always pays off =)

Cheers

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
i did see those looks nice too... thanks for the link man ... will hit it up :)

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
anyone knows where i can get my hands on the headlight wiring diagram? i have been looking ard for a few days now and i cant find any...

bambino

Known Member
Oct 24, 2006
quick update: i just got my self a 90mm module from hella and is awaiting shipping

saru-kun

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
PJ
saru-kun.blogspot.com
Awesome mate... keep up the progress.

Will be tuning in to this =)

All the best.

Cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wholesale price 100% guaranteed lowest Price with free shipping.shop today.
visit our website to shop.Need assistance? contact us by phone or email

Shipping Information & Methods:

We does not ship on national holiday delivery services. The shipping company is selected based on your requested shipping method and we are not able to select a specific shipping method that you request. We emphasize to choose the best shipping company for the fastest delivery method to your address

This...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience