AE111 car lower on one side..

intel2800

Oct 6, 2010
Sabah
hello.. i have some problem on my AE111 SEG that already been bother me for about 2 years already.. i realize that my car are lower on the driver side only, and i don't know what to do on it already.. i already change the absorber already.. spring not yet been changed.. i heard the AE111 Levin Japan spring are higher than the AE111 local made, is it true? and also i heard the spring from corona st171, st191, st202 and st205 can be use on AE111, is this true also? please need some advice on it.. :adore:

ShamBlur

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
try to add hard rubber on the base of the absorber... i did that on my ae111.. ok la... cheap fix.. haven't tried changing the spring but spring do tend to lose power over time...

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
usually we drive alone, so more force acts on the driver side, hence load is applied on the absorber and the spring on driver side. I believe ur springs may be weak, so it's advisable to change the spring for both sides. since u said u changed the absorber, i believe the spring is the thing that gives you the prob..

intel2800

Oct 6, 2010
Sabah
i already use a spring buffer each side and its still the same as usual.. i been thinking to use a corona st171 or later version of it spring to use on it, coz i heard its more harder than the ori ae111 spring and no need mod on it.. but hard to find even at half cut shop..

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
yes bro, it's lower at one side. I've settled it by install a hi-lo adjustable absorber.
good luck

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Change the spring (both side).
Don't change to other model's spring coz it will not mated with your damper and will results in annoying ride feeling. Unless you change the damper together to that model's (provided it can fit to your model).
If you want to improve your handling and still remain the comfort ride, look for those after market absorber that comes together with lower spring, ie:
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...bsorber-with-sport-spring.html#post1063400462

intel2800

Oct 6, 2010
Sabah
owh.. so i just need to change the spring only la.. ok, after this i change the spring and then hopefully that it will be work.. hoho..

ShamBlur

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
bro, problem fix already? i m thinking of changing my spring also..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Adjustable absorber will solve any height problem..

Gudluck

:itsme:

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
better change new spring too as spring might over time..be weak and loose.really shock after read ur thread say ur side lower one side?hehehe...no worry be happy,focus what happen on ur car.check all suspension system like shock abs,spring,lower arm,ball joint,long ball joint,bushing...engine monuting....hope it can help u check list bro

intel2800

Oct 6, 2010
Sabah
already changed it.. buy an APM brand spring.. much harder than the ori from toyota.. hoho.. but they sell it here sabah a lot pricey la, about RM98 per 1 spring for the rear one..

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
i guess tat's quite standard price. I got my improve springs here in miri for RM130 per piece. Not to say as good as those big brands, but boleh tahan la..

ShamBlur

Known Member
Jan 1, 2006
already changed it.. buy an APM brand spring.. much harder than the ori from toyota.. hoho.. but they sell it here sabah a lot pricey la, about RM98 per 1 spring for the rear one..
i guess tat's quite standard price. I got my improve springs here in miri for RM130 per piece. Not to say as good as those big brands, but boleh tahan la..
bro intel n tony... how's d spring? can accommodate full load at high speed .. planning to change mine either in kk or miri as i travel here n there...

intel2800

Oct 6, 2010
Sabah
i don't test it on full load yet.. coz i rarely bring any passenger to sit back at the rear sit.. i usually driving alone and smtimes with my at the front.. i buy it at Hap Seng Heng auto at kolombong inanam KK.. and also i put the spring another new buffer to prolong the spring life span of the rear spring.. a bit hard when through a bumpy road especially at from Labuan to Ranau to Labuan.. i also store a lowed sport spring, but i dont liked to used it due lower height of the car, make me hear a scratching noise when i trying through a road bump...:driver:

wakdjoko

Known Member
May 22, 2010
KB/JB
i faced this prob long ago. u just need to change front spring only, both spring.

i suggest u get levin springs from halfcut, much cheaper than new sport springs and more comfort.