About Lancer GT

frank_precinct

hi Guys and SIfus,

am very noobie here. just owned a Lancer GT. i have few questions but i can't get it when i search thru the forums, on GT..

1.Suitable fuel octane for Lancer GT-just 95 above or 95 can oso?
2.i found my rear suspension a bit 'goyang'. can this be fixed by 'coil buffer'?
3.can we fit turbo timer?

thanks guys.. really appreciate for the answers..

1. I would go for Ron97 or if pocket deep enough V-Power if I were you.

2. What do you mean by suspension goyang? you mean your rear tends to experience oversteer? or feel stiff / floating?

3. Turbo timer is universal, bro. I believe if not all then almost every car can install this kit, just get a baby turbo timer and get it installed at any accessory shop will do. Just plug and play only.

2. What do you mean by suspension goyang? you mean your rear tends to experience oversteer? or feel stiff / floating?

3. Turbo timer is universal, bro. I believe if not all then almost every car can install this kit, just get a baby turbo timer and get it installed at any accessory shop will do. Just plug and play only.

1.last Saturday i fueled full 95.. doesnt really rasa the diff when i pumped in vpower just now.. or i just need to let it be another day b4 can feel the diff?

2.yeap. floating or oversteer or buang sgt or henjut lebih? :) i dont know what term to use.. but how to counter this prob? can we stiffer it?

3.timer installation dont kaco the immobilizer or "goodBye" system :P ka?

sori bro.. just curious :) curiosity may kills someone..

1. Try a full throttle from zero, you will feel the difference as I do feel there is a difference when I tested Ron 95 and Ron 97 on my friend's Kenari.

2. Oversteer is different from floating, bro. Oversteer means your tail tends to let go (buang), floating is due to the nature of the stock suspension which is soft. If you do feel it is floating, get aftermarket suspension to make it more stable at cornering or high speed travelling.

3. In my opinion it won't disturb your immobilizer since the system only kicks in a minute or two after you have removed the car key. Do check with your installer, it's all about wiring knowledge. If it does disturb, you can add a relay to "bypass" the immobilizer, as what I did when my installer install my car alarm.

1. I have fueled my Lancer GT with RON95, RON97 and V-Power. Engine noise was louder at higher RPM with RON95. Didn't feel much difference between RON97 and V-Power so I would recommend using RON97.
2. This is just a wild guess - but new car tyres are pumped with maximum air pressure (44psi). When the tyres are cold, try release the air and get it down to 32psi, and see if you still have the "floating" issue.
3. Turbo Timer, like bro yeehau said, can be fitted in most cars. The key is wiring so that it won't affect your alarm or immobilizer system. Try to get it done by someone who has experience in similiar system (preferably someone who has worked on Lancer GT before).

1. I have fueled my Lancer GT with RON95, RON97 and V-Power. Engine noise was louder at higher RPM with RON95. Didn't feel much difference between RON97 and V-Power so I would recommend using RON97.
2. This is just a wild guess - but new car tyres are pumped with maximum air pressure (44psi). When the tyres are cold, try release the air and get it down to 32psi, and see if you still have the "floating" issue.
3. Turbo Timer, like bro yeehau said, can be fitted in most cars. The key is wiring so that it won't affect your alarm or immobilizer system. Try to get it done by someone who has experience in similiar system (preferably someone who has worked on Lancer GT before).

thanks guys.. on #3, where got yeh? any recommend? kakimotor?

you mean which accessory shop got sell turbo timers? most of it, I would say. You can even try to survey at the MarketPlace --> External Body Section.

thanks Guys,

btw, i got one more question.. i heard that we can install the autocruise switch located at right hand side o f our steering.. where can it be done?

thanks guys.

You can purchase the autocruise control for about RM500. Installation is very straight forward as our Lancer GT is already pre-wired for it. You can either spend 20 minutes doing it yourself or spend RM20-RM50 for someone else to do it for you in 5 minutes. All you need is a screwdriver. :biggrin:

You can purchase the autocruise control for about RM500. Installation is very straight forward as our Lancer GT is already pre-wired for it. You can either spend 20 minutes doing it yourself or spend RM20-RM50 for someone else to do it for you in 5 minutes. All you need is a screwdriver. :biggrin:

thanks bro.. but where can i get it and directly install? any recommend? look stupid with the CRUISE signal there without cruisecontrol..

Please call Robert of Rainbow (Kepong) @ (03) 62747875. He has some units in stock for around RM500. Installation included. Clarify with him about your GT model year though. I am not sure if anything in the wiring has changed since the new facelift.

Please call Robert of Rainbow (Kepong) @ (03) 62747875. He has some units in stock for around RM500. Installation included. Clarify with him about your GT model year though. I am not sure if anything in the wiring has changed since the new facelift.

thanks bro! got him oledi :)

Guys & sifus,

two more questions:

1.IF we change the engine hood to evox style, wont it spoilt our electrical system as water/rain can pour in thru the air vents?

2.the height of the car with oem springs looks like Menara KL. if we change to sport springs, which i beli3ve much more lowered, can we still put full load to our GT? i mean 4 passengers+luggages?

thanks GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1. There are watertrays under Evo X hood to divert rainwater away. Original aluminium Evo X should come with the trays. There are some aftermarket ones made by fiber which may not come with the trays.

2. You can still fully load the car after it has been lowered but have to watch out for bumps just like in any other lowered cars. I've read that Eibach is a good choice - it lowers the car enough but still can go over bumps easily.

1. There are watertrays under Evo X hood to divert rainwater away. Original aluminium Evo X should come with the trays. There are some aftermarket ones made by fiber which may not come with the trays.

2. You can still fully load the car after it has been lowered but have to watch out for bumps just like in any other lowered cars. I've read that Eibach is a good choice - it lowers the car enough but still can go over bumps easily.

Turbohead,

on #1, it was claimed that there is no prob if we install the evox engine hood as more than 50 cars already using it.. so, my concern is, is anyone having prob with their electrical system? if so then i think i know what to do with the vents without losing it practicality to vent out hot air..

on #2, yup. someone told me Eibach springs.. it cost u 900.. ya be da be du your pocket..

thank bro

Installing Evo X hood is not a problem. My own GT has had it since last Sept and nothing has gone "short" so far. To save money, you can opt for aftermarket fiber without the trays. If the car's electricals can be easily damaged by rainwater, then splashes from underneath the car will do the job already. Just note that GT's exhaust headers is located behind the engine, under the center tray. Without a watertray, rainwater will be going all over the place, making your engine cover looks dirty, and your hot headers will be exposed to cold water.

Last edited:
Check with Rainbow about the door steps. Robert might still have some stock.

Actually you can get almost anything from Rainbow because the shop owner Robert drives a Lancer GT himself.

Check with Rainbow about the door steps. Robert might still have some stock.

Actually you can get almost anything from Rainbow because the shop owner Robert drives a Lancer GT himself.

Agreed with you pal.

Frank,

Robert is a good person, trust me, modded my spoiler and electrical thingy with him, but one thing, always check for the product genuineness, well we'll never know.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom