My ceFIRO

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Feilo is a damn heavy beast.
You want something really kicks....Add a compressor or bolt on turbo la..
Else, no worth your time...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
nope.. when air reach filter it become warm..

can't balut span there.. coz it bengkok here n there...

outside air -> radiator -> fan -> engine
cold -> warm -> warm -> hot

if heavy rain there
outside air -> radiator -> fan -> engine
cold -> cold -> cold -> warm

btw engine will become hotter when using ron95.. anyone notice?

now i mix 95 & 97...

Last edited:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
seizai, you should put a electronic thermometer to measure what you say. when the car is running, your engine bay heat is consider negligible.

I once run my car with 2 faulty radiator fan for 2 hours without problem and only notice the temperature go up when my car was on standstill. A/C is running no problem. Later i found out is not my fans faulty, is the fuse got burn.

As per dream.tent mention, putting such a small fan is useless and only cause more restriction to the intake air way.

Fatty is best run with 97 (at least for my car), with 95 engine will ping when is under load. and timing of the engine will be difference cause the knock sensor feedback to the ecu and ecu will adjust ignition timing to suit any grade of fuel in the vehicle, when lower octane usually the timing will be retard and this may result in lower performance of the car. You will notice significant changes when you first switch from 97 to 95, power maybe lesser, and engine noise maybe higher, once the ecu fully compensate the lower octane and you get used to the power you will feel everything seem normal. but in actual fact you are running lower timing and less power.

With 95, when my engine rev around 5k rpm it ping like hell.. after switching back to 97, all the way to rev cut i don't hear a single ping.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Oh please don't torture your Feilo with Ron95!

I tried 1 and half tank and my radiator burst!
The engine is running so much hotter with RON95.

I'm switching back to RON97 after replacing my radiator...

New Radiator RM650
New Coolant RM24
New hose (top side or hot hose) RM22
Workmanship RM 180

I now have a completely working spare radiator (Original) after replacing the top.
PM me if you want it.
Don't have picture yet. I'll shoot it if you want.

Attachments

Last edited:

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
dream,

My wife once pump 91 in my fatty when i was in oversea, than she call me.. why the car no pickup one.. so powerless one.. and when i come back, i also notice the car ping like playing rock band :O so i ask what she did.. she say nothing nothing... than i ask did you pump petrol? she say yeah loh, and she use the cheapest one.. OMG.... lucky she did not use diesel :biggrin:
but ok lah lucky nothing happen.

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
dream,

My wife once pump 91 in my fatty when i was in oversea, than she call me.. why the car no pickup one.. so powerless one.. and when i come back, i also notice the car ping like playing rock band :O so i ask what she did.. she say nothing nothing... than i ask did you pump petrol? she say yeah loh, and she use the cheapest one.. OMG.... lucky she did not use diesel :biggrin:
but ok lah lucky nothing happen.
At least she can "feel" it....

My wife just pump it before i can do research on her Bestari 206!!
Got a shock when "caltex web" put a big NO for Bestari!!

I ask her to monitor and i drove it over a weekend and finally pass with no power degradation at all...(at least i can't feel it and need no Dynometer to find out la)

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
i do observed my ,when switch to 95 really suck. engine ping like hell especially when day drive under the hot sun. night still accaptable.going to switch back to 97....

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005

New Radiator RM650
New Coolant RM24
Workmanship RM 180

I now have a completely working spare radiator (Original) after replacing the top.
PM me if you want it.
Is it a coincidence ? I don't have any problem running with RON95- same consumption/power BUT my top radiator burst . I got it replaced but it didin't crossed my mind that the culprit was d RON95 fuel. Think I better change back to RON97 or higher b4 anything else breaks! hahaha..

Funny , I have a list of vehicles printed by MOTOR Trader which states that our fatty cars can use the RON95 BUT TO USE RON97 AND UP FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE. There are only2 vehicles which i can remember (Japanese) cannot use RON95. The Lancer EVO & Airtrek .

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007

New Radiator RM650
New Coolant RM24
Workmanship RM 180

PM me if you want it.

wa lau err, that is big hole there .
btw u change new radiator, i tot change radiator cap as above pic shown can liao .
i do change my before coz very small water leak detected , near the tanki cap there.

seizai

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Is it a coincidence ? I don't have any problem running with RON95- same consumption/power BUT my top radiator burst . I got it replaced but it didin't crossed my mind that the culprit was d RON95 fuel. Think I better change back to RON97 or higher b4 anything else breaks! hahaha..

Funny , I have a list of vehicles printed by MOTOR Trader which states that our fatty cars can use the RON95 BUT TO USE RON97 AND UP FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE. There are only2 vehicles which i can remember (Japanese) cannot use RON95. The Lancer EVO & Airtrek .
i thought minimum ron91 for vq20de & vq25de?

vq30de must use ron97, got 1 sticker stated at tank hole there.

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
maybe new engine boleh kot, now mostly 1 decade engine ler

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone

anyone know how?
i heard after install relay the lamp will get brighter..

what value for the relay should i use?
(i dono how many volt i should use. from my experience, if use volt value too high, then maybe the electric wont able to 'switch on' the relay, if use too low voltage value, then will damage it)

anyone got wiring guide to install relay to headlamp?
(is it original electric to headlamp wire to relay, to switch it on/off, then when the relay is turn on, the headlamp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience