HKS GTII 7460R New for RM4k???

R11

Hi guys..

I went to N* today looking for the HKS GTII turbo for Evo IX, to replace my Tomei Arms.
They have ready stock and the price is on the highside of RM7k. (almost the same price as Tomei Arms)

Then I went to one shop, (tom's) located near to Links, asked the same thing.
I'm quite surprise they quote the price of GTII for RM4k sharp..

The reason for that as the HKS already made their in-house turbo (no more JV with Garrett), thus the HKS are able to reduce the price wayyy cheaper than before.

So I just made an order. (around 45 days to arrive).

The question is, is all this true or I am missing something here?

p/s: Evofans, you made me do this, from Tomei Arms to HKS, you just made me RM4k poorer...:bawling:

Attachments

• HKS_Lancer_Evo_GTII_7460R_Turbo_Upgrade_1.jpg
    HKS_Lancer_Evo_GTII_7460R_Turbo_Upgrade_1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 499
Last edited by a moderator:
R11,

Pinjam Tomei Arms kau boleh?
Helping poor guy yo taste some power....please....:driver:

R11, mind to share a bit ?
how is the Tomei Arms ? have you got much power increased compared to the original ?
since you already got Arms, how come you still want to change to GTII ? heard tht GTII using ball bearing, faster spooling is it ?

4k is real cheap bro, mostly people quoted around 6 to 7k. Go for it if its really gt2. Btw which one better gt2 or 2835 though gt2 is pnp.

sg supplier said and told me the china company name b4 but i forget d

wherever they made,as long the quality is controlled, no issue right?

R11,

Pinjam Tomei Arms kau boleh?
Helping poor guy yo taste some power....please....:driver:

i plan to letgo once i have received the order.

R11, mind to share a bit ?
how is the Tomei Arms ? have you got much power increased compared to the original ?
since you already got Arms, how come you still want to change to GTII ? heard tht GTII using ball bearing, faster spooling is it ?

tomei arms is quite similar to the stock turbo, slower spool than stock, max boost 1.6bar, journal bearing, but are able for >450whp..
I spent one month to read n read all review/discussion regarding the bolt on turbo at evolutiom.net, and i think the GTII is one of the most favourite choice for bolt on upgrade.

4k is real cheap bro, mostly people quoted around 6 to 7k. Go for it if its really gt2. Btw which one better gt2 or 2835 though gt2 is pnp.

i vote for hks GTII

hks gt2 made in china same goes to tomei arms

nowadays, everything is made in china.. as long as they keep the quality control and come with warranty, i don't see any reason why should i refuse to buy the product from China..

RM4k is cheap.....The MSRP for this turbo is like US$2k+ wei
A nice bargain you have pick up there:proud:
Time for 400whp with faster then stock spool:love:

Gt2 vs cbrd bbk vs 73hta green, pro and cons for these turbo? Such as spooling, full boost, max power etc...

Summary:
Spool Up:GT II 7460 then CBRD BBK then Journal Bearing HTA 73 Green
Power:Journal Bearing HTA 73 Green then CBRD BBK then HKS GT II 7460(BBK and GT II 7460 quit similar)

Bro R11, mind to share reason u need to change from tomei arms to GTII?

RM4k is cheap.....The MSRP for this turbo is like US$2k+ wei
A nice bargain you have pick up there:proud:

+1 well said bro..

Gt2 vs cbrd bbk vs 73hta green, pro and cons for these turbo? Such as spooling, full boost, max power etc...

This link might help in your decision..
ATP 3071R vs HKS 7460R vs HTA Green 76 - evolutionm.net

there are many failure for tomei turbo for subaru...Qc is 1 thing but my choice will be owen or FP if not 3037hks

rated how many hp?? the turbo seems much smaller compare to tomei

rated how many hp?? the turbo seems much smaller compare to tomei

Yes, it seems much smaller than tomei, appx same size to the stock E9 turbo (TD05HRA-16G-10.5)

this GTII proven to make 488whp with max boost of 1.78bar, with a steady boost all the way to the redline (source from evolutionm)

while the tomei are about 450whp with max boost of 1.6bar.

but the main reason i chose GTII over tomei caused its a ball bearing, that's all..

I just received the GTII today and here's the comparison to stock:

6126371390_f7c5ae78fd.jpg

6126371496_c61dc39f3f.jpg

6126371280_b2be93c2c2.jpg

Once I put on this GTII, the Tomei Arms will be up for sale.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom