Turbo TImer on N/A Cars

resilienthunter

I just want to drive
Sep 7, 2004
JB
Visit site
well.. after hard driving or long distance drives..its good to let ur engine run for bout 30s to "cool-off" before shutting it off.. (something liek that. i dont know the exact mechanism)

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
Yes, after running long or u are the type that rev hard on your engine, further more it lets your engine to get back into normal idling mode, also let the engine cool down the system and also the engine oil before turning the key off. Its good, not only for turbo but also all cars.

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
I have to agree on what resilienthunter & rattan said..it really helps man..
even a few years back something in our local paper said about the bad part on revving ur car b4 stoping it....about the oil not going back to its place getting stuck in the hoses...
Be it a turbo or n/a car a turbo timer is sumthing that actually helps the car's engine..

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
insane_ian : you are the man, you did a good summary.

Cheers to my man...

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
u know that after the t.timer off , the engine all off .... means it straight off and ur radiator fan also straight away off .

if u realize , when we turn the key off but halfway only (not full off) , the radiator fan will still spin awhile before off right ?

if the radiator fan keep straight-away off liddet with the turbo timer , good meh?

sorry if u all dun get wat i mean heheehh

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
I understand what he meant. He meant that normalling if the engine on and running the radiator fan spins to cool down the liqiud in the radiator to cool down the engine. But using turbo timer when that process kicks in it will just shut the fan down because engine turn off.

Actually there is no problem with that.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
woohooo rattan understood ..! heheee..

so there is nothing wrong if we just straight off the engine without letting the radiator fan spin (while engine is off), before we take out the key ?

ok k ...:cyclops:

rattan

1,500 RPM
Oct 30, 2005
www.itswat.com.my
Yes no worries about the fan spin thingy... hehe... cheers

junhe

Known Member
Oct 22, 2004
is that any turbo timer got more fuction?
like can count the VOLT and some other function?

peachmonkey

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Urm..since we're all discussing about turbo timers I've got a question...

Is there any differnce with branded turbo timers (ones that cost RM200++) and unbranded turbo timers (less than RM150). Any extra functions available?
My preception on TT is that it's used to shut down the engine after a set amount of time. So if that's the case,all TT should play the same function regardless of the brand and price correct?
Or is they something more to it? Please sifu's,elaborate! :p

Thanks in advance!