ZTH MINI Club!

S

skyline86

Yo guys,

Nice to see all of you are active esp Sureshn, fastclubman you guys... Sureshn your engine got free fixing? since I know you are a great part time mechanic, if so I may consider, hahaha.

By the way, I would like to know is anyone here having "Italian Job" which is back to 60's ? If have it can borrow me to burn or anyone could tell me where can I get it, I tried ebay but can't get. Pls contact me at 0123436818 if you have.

Here are some interesting links, hope you guys enjoy:

Italian Job Trailer:
YouTube - The Italian Job trailer

Part 1:
YouTube - The Italian Job - Part 1 of 2

Part 2:
YouTube - The Italian Job - Part 2 of 2

Part 2 is quite interesting :D

Regards,
Koh

sureshn

Known Member
Dec 5, 2004
NS
Visit site
skyline, the founder of the thread! it's better still to see you still active.

free fixing, huh? if you want a VERY long term project, then sure! ;) i work so so slow ... that's why it took me 2 yrs to put Mokey on the road.

original italian job - i have it. sms me ur address. i'll burn it and put it in the post.

sureshn

Known Member
Dec 5, 2004
NS
Visit site
'semputting' - apt word to describe it! my Mokey is beginning to suffer from that too. but once i run for 5 kms or more, semputting is gone. I think the carb is sticking.

fastclubman, you should be able to tell me if that is correct diagnosis. what do u think?

mini kuning

Known Member
Nov 14, 2006
no offence but its a YRV engine Max. output 128.8 PS (127.0 bhp) (94.7 kW)
@6400 rpm
Max. torque 170.0 Nm (125 lbft) (17.3 kgm)
@3200 rpm

urs a 1400 ... just around 80 - 100 bhp... its like 30 more bhp for the YRV.. :shades_smile:

gharith

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
mini kuning: well there's nothing wrong with hoping bro... i've fragged quite a few more powerfull cars when i used to drag with my old DC5.

If i lost by a few meters to the YRV then i would still be ok... losing coz my engine isn't performing the way i want to is another thing all together

fastclubman

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
gharith,

U need to get the car fine tuned. Spark plug heat range, using the correct needle and springs for the HIF, correct idle mixture and ignition timing are all essential areas for obtaining the optimum and reliable performance on the A series. This is an art which require fine balancing and skill, which is unfortunately getting lesser to find these days. Thats why i still keep one on my favorite fast road cam and a HIF carb which was jetted for that application. Its the sweetest A series engine i have had, not to mention the most reliable too!

sureshn,

i guess you must be starting up the car (to warm it up) occassionally but not really driving it. Usually its the idle mixture which is rich causing carbon deposits to build up on your plugs. With 5 km of driving the deposits are all cleared up which makes the car to run smoother without 'semputting'. If the carb sticking due to lack of dashpot oil then you will have this consistently, even after 5 km or so of driving. Just hook up to a CO meter and adjust the idle mixture screw at the back of the carb. Should do the trick unless there is a leak somewhere!

minikuning,

the advantage the YRV kelisa has is traction compared to the mini. Once you are pushing about 100+ hp on the mini, wheelspin is a big issue, even in dry conditions. 1st gear on my mini is hopeless on mine due to wheelspin and this is with using 175-50-13 tyre combination and a 3.1 final drive!

just my 2 cents

fastclubman

gharith

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
Lol i'm getting wheelspin even on 2nd gear... currently running 12" and 3.1 final drive as well.

Maybe i should get fatter tires and move back to 13"

gharith

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
hahahaha...

maybe you should represent me.. having a rematch next week against that Kelissa :P
or maybe i should just move to webers once and for all...

fastclubman

Known Member
Nov 25, 2004
hahahha

i will let u do the battle! i just dont know when i iwll have time to get it back to HH for a tune up!

red mini 8 7 8

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
In the car
Gathering / TT'ss

People.... its been along time since we have been having a TT .... so lets have one

this FRIDAY .... n i also will ill be coming down to SHELL LDP opposite eastin on

friday 1/JUNE/07(its i nice date) with 2 -3

mini's from cyberjaya if everything goes to plan.....Dont let the mini spirit die...hehe....

ill be taking pictures n stuff n plus jalan jalan pusing KL if condition permits.

If u dont have ur mini running .... just come down by in ur normal car:confused_smile: , me too still

having problems with my mini but at least there is a crowd there and we can chat,

kongsi masalah n hang around. Hope to you minians n zthians who wish to come n

chill, its ok .. we minians r cool with it..hahaha... really miss does mini

days..

gharith

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
drats... the day that you set the TT I won't be in the country :(

I'll be back next friday though :D

kevyeoh

Known Member
Nov 15, 2004
guys...

i have a mini 1000cc and recently upgraded the car by fixing air cond...but that's where the problem starts... seems like there's a lot of squeaking sound from the air cond and i have tried send it to mechanic to fix numerous times without success... definitely confirm the squeaking sound is from the air cond cause when i turn off the air cond, the sound is gone...

should be from the air cond belt... but how come the problem can't be fixed by the mechanic? anyone with a known problem/solution can help? thanks!
:)

red mini 8 7 8

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
In the car
you might have belting problems if the noise comes from the engine everytime you

press the accelerator. Try to tighten the belting or replace it. If its a whinning sound

something like a turbine sound it means its ur compressor bearing. Other than that if

might just be your air con blower itself.. check fan that brings in air, it might have

something stuck there like leaves...etc2.

pow

Jan 26, 2004
Mini Stuffs for sale

10 inch disk brake

Magnolia Speedometre 3 dials (the tye behid steering)

Chrome Grill with Spotlights

call 012 657 9878, i dont visit here often.

gharith

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
so how was the TT / convoy?

i'm back in kl now :) so when are we having another get together?

red mini 8 7 8

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
In the car
dude.... there were only 3 minis including mine... n all are from the same college. Its

cool though we went to NZ to have char kuey teow n drinks then had a photoshoot

at a projet nearby ... its cool but really hope that more minis could come and plus our

lepak spot got stollen by japanese car club i think so because there were silvias,

skyline,cefiro parked around me... damn its crazy so i ran off to the back of shell.

So this FRIDAY nite is on.. i hope more minis would come n make the mini scene rock...

FRIDAy !! 10 - 11 pm

any suggestions where to go ?

gharith

Known Member
Jul 25, 2006
IM ON!! this friday i'm as free as can be :)

i'd rather meet up then go convoy to places ahahah... i guess i got bored of the mamak thing

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi powerzone...

can u pls advise how much would it be to take out my powerzone cams and install it in another car...then install that cars original cams into mine...

pls advise...

thanks... :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience