ZTH Cheras KL

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Lol .. yesterday's meet didnt happen. So I spent the evening flushing a kancil's radiator and replacing the wira's power window bracket.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Nope but can't help wonder which genius at Perodua designed the radiator's release cock right next to the exhaust header

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Isnt that a Daihatsu inside?

Not sure how Daihatsu does it but on a Kancil, it's right behind that yellow spot. Try sticking your hand under the car to unscrew that drain plug. Sure kena the exhaust. Normally people remove top hose to flush the radiator but I was concerned about damaging that hose

Attachments

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Not sure how Daihatsu does it but on a Kancil, it's right behind that yellow spot. Try sticking your hand under the car to unscrew that drain plug. Sure kena the exhaust. Normally people remove top hose to flush the radiator but I was concerned about damaging that hose
Actually removing the top hose is better and it is stronger than the small release plug. If you can damage the hose it also means the hose also about time dy. In fact, long ago I always change by releasing from the plastic plug but one time, it being old the plug broke instead, so from now on I release from top hose....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Lol .. yesterday's meet didnt happen. So I spent the evening flushing a kancil's radiator and replacing the wira's power window bracket.
Can share the steps on flushing the kancil radiator? Mine once opened can see brown water which looks like karat.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Can share the steps on flushing the kancil radiator? Mine once opened can see brown water which looks like karat.
Remove top hose loh! Kancil try not to touch those linkages, T joints. Saw at mechanic place, got one kancil those joints very fragile....:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Remove top hose loh! Kancil try not to touch those linkages, T joints. Saw at mechanic place, got one kancil those joints very fragile....:smokin:
Flush until clean then only pour in coolant right?

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Kancil got T joints meh, last time I check my 660 oni rad to engine than engine to rad that's all.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

try read here 1st

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-care/430512-how-to-perform-a-radiator-flush.html

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Personally, I will fill it with just plain water & run it for the next few days. Then open radiator cap and if water is murky, flush once more. Repeat steps until the water remains clear. Then only will I add coolant. Btw, that brown water comes from your engine block. If allowed to persist, it eventually clogs your radiator.

hallo... new thread. Suprafan you should know better than this
Would like to request that a moderator splits into a separate thread. Thank you. :adore:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Have to open new thread......:smokin:

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

By the way, Any TT coming?:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We only get a sketch of Aston Martin’s new LMP1 racer for now but the British automaker says that work on the new chassis and powerplant has already been ongoing for the last few months at their Banbury racing headquarters with a target of the first of six cars hitting the tracks in early 2011 before tearing up the Le Mans 24 Hours race.

The racer is being designed from the ground up with an Aston...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience