WIP - Time Attack Style Suzuki Cappuccino

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
And in this week of progress..

Clear coated the body and the removable hard top.

All the tiny pieces are hung up for airbrushing. Just after a semi gloss black coat.

The masking on the steering wheel took me quite some time too.. with some masking tape and blue tack

If noticed carefully, the absorber are being masked, leaving only spring exposed..

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net

The bucket seat shell are masked with blue tack again..

dash are masked to reveal only the pedal to be chromed..

Here's the outcome.. the seat with dull red sprayed over semi gloss black, resulting like a dirty looking used blood red color semi bucket. the roll cage at the back are sprayed with X-11 chrome silver over semi gloss black.

This tiny bit where earlier masked and sprayed with chrome silver, this is the result when unmasked.

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net

those particle on the TE-37 are not weathering.. those are real dust haha! primed the wheel about 2 months back and it's been left there unattended.. (this form of natural weathering i find it quite nice too but it took too long time). in the wheel are the sprayed caliper and rotor

this piece i think is quite a masterpiece.. whole scratch-built quad tip exhaust. sprayed with chrome over semi gloss black

the spring are painted in red with the absorber in black (i should have make it replicate a TEIN absorber instead.. bah nvm what's done been done)

the 'carbonised' INGs GT wing

Philip

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
whoasei....how did u hold those tiny little things on toothpicks?

i see hair leg too..haha..great work..great work...

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
mirage901,
thanks!

Philip,
those hairy leg are not the subject lah.. use blue tack to hold those tiny pieces on the toothpick.. then it'll be easier to hold them up for spray painting.. painting is a quick process, holding them up and masking them consume time - very much!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Nice job bro. How did you get the CF look on the GT wing ? mind to share you secret ?

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
here's the progress & outcome till date..

the cockpit of the car, without the race harness yet

the painted caliper, and the fainted red line at the background is the rear sway bar

mock up display on the display case..

encikmasen

Known Member
Jul 8, 2005
Bangi
waahh..quite jealous with the level of neatness la bro..

did u paint all part using spray gun? no brush used ah?

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
i was thinking maybe if i could scratchbuild a set of Defi gauges on the dash too.. why Defi? Coz first of all, Defi have black faces when its off and look kinda 'mysterious' to onlooker, and the main reason of it because I couldnt find/produce any water transfer decal for the gauges face. Heehee so as much as I like Blitz slim design, I'll probably just 'smoke' some 2mm rod cut-out the front face and settle with Defi BF series of gauges..

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
i just screwed my paintjob earlier.. Tamiya Acrylic Thinner ate my paint job!! I've polished the paint nice nice the previous day and masked the window area for black painting last night. So painted it today and when i remove the mask, there are some imperfection so i used the acrylic thinner to brush it off with a cotton bud and wipe clean. After getting it done, i notice a flat and coarse patch on the area i've cleaned earlier.. arrrgghhh!! all mood gone. I'm gonna leave it as it is.. it's not going to be as beautiful as I've imagine it to be.. thanks to the thinner..

pics right up later..

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net
here's the update

cleaned & rinsed from any dust particle with soapy water

if looked closely, you'll see the jagged screw up pillar on the removable top

the body is polished, but i just couldnt get the correct angle to snap a pic of the mirror reflection.. :(

equin0x

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
KL
www.keiconcept.net

signal light and GT-wing attached.. looks more complete now..

14" PCD114.3 Rays Engineering VR TE37.. i wished these were special edition GJ37 produced by Rays Engineering for Garage John too bad i do not have the water transfer decal for it. (pic below are the real stuff)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Nice bro...very nice...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day bro...

yesterday i open my trunk to take some tools. unfortunately, my car key left inside and i don't have spare key. i watch many way to open the door without using key on youtube. some of them require special tool. some of them might work with ordinary tool..

do you guys have any idea? anyone know if there is any locksmith in penang who can open my door..

Thanks..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience