What car to buy?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
putra block with mivec piston. wiring mivec and ecu. that one normally people do. but i think u should check out sepang drag. coz got one car using 1.8 with gsr head with skunk2 type-r intake. beat all mivec and some vtec.

my fren used to have mivec head with 1,8 putra block. sold off mivec head. and use putra block.

send to the shop. with the foreman touch. then walla..... a beast!!

i must say, mivec 1.8 can be beaten by 1.8 without mivec. tested n driven both car setup. :)

May i know what u guys think about 4G93 GSR (T) conversion. Just swap the standard engine

Last edited:
my opinion,
get a putra, set up Mivec head with full hardness.
Low down and put in 15 inch sport rim with high performance tyre.
Of coz, u can convert to mirage body part for the smooth outlook.
It's cool. :biggrin:

friend looking for car,

on the issue of fuel consumption, in my opinion, turbo or non-turbo it really is up to how you discipline your right-foot
haha
i go work pretty far away, kl to sepang is roughly 140km back and forth

i got no car for the moment so i always pinjam my sister car; satria neo 1.3
but on sometimes when she need the car i use my dad's car, evo 8 :P
and when he needs the car i use my dad's "other" car, landcruiser II with transplanted 1-kz engine (turbo)

so out of 3 cars two has turbo, what i found was when i drive the neo as fast as the evo i end up using same amount of minyak, and when i drive the evo as conservative as the landcruiser i end up jimat minyak.....
hahaha since landcruiser max speed is only 110.....

Wah!! your dad has evo8?? i wish my dad were half-open minded like your daddy LOL!!
Landcruiser top speed only 110? Y? it's a offroad modded vehicle?

Bro EZ64, better you buy a modded putra... buy ori putra and mod it will waste all your budget...

Eh get the stock putra and do the conversion urself at least u know what u have done to it.for normal maintenance and good consumption (like me)hehe go for 4g93t.my consumption is 300kms with 50bucks.mix driving.but when u r doing the conversion add in some sound proofing for better enjoyment when driving.buy a modified one and end up with headache sometimes with wiring issues and stuff like what happened to me last time.

mod yourself better...you know the in and outs of the engine...and what it has been through

Yup. I myself also think of that. At least u know what has been done in your car. Can i change to 4G93(T) from 4G93(P) by just changing the std block to 4G93T block and BOT using the mosselman turbokit & ECU upgrade or better to swap with complete 4G93T engine. I heard the cost of a complete 4G93T engine expensive & quite rare

U cannot change the block cos then u will need to change engine no.but u can change the head though.if u r not boosting high just maintain the putra block and change the pistons.swap will be better la but considering the halfcut price.hmmm.i think go with turbokit if u r not crazy for power.

This is my 1st car and i plan to buy a used performance car. What car can u recommend with budget below RM50000. Need some idea in terms of fuel consumption & maintenance. I maybe plan to modify it in future. Any suggestions

merc 190e cosworth

cefiro RB2X DET (pick yur skyline)

a decent MR2

merc 190e cosworth

cefiro RB2X DET (pick yur skyline)

a decent MR2

All seem to be nice cars but can't get loan. I'm looking for a car which can get loan since i don't have cash. With my current pay of RM4000 what car u think i can afford? Please help me

hei ez64 try this wan and u can calculate how much you wanna pay monthly and so on

Autoworld - Car Loan Payment Calculator

and i think its not how much u are earning but how much u can pay monthly, including the back-up spending on fixing the car as well. then only the sifus can help u out

Last edited:
This is a never ending topic... However.. with the amount of 50K.. there are various options to choose..

However.. if it is a primary ride n its the 1 only ride.. it is better to get something of a Sedan type if ur a family type..

if not a 2 door would be great... good asian cars for 2doors should be EG6,DC2,Gti,Putra in our country.. lots of potential n many parts to play with and very affordable.. although aftermarket n chopshops parts have increased for these favorite marque..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom