Waja or Gen-2?

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Hey Guys,

I'm considering between a Waja 1.6M or Gen-2 1.6M. I would rather go for the Waja because it's using 4G18 block right? Which means mitsu parts, can get from anywhere and can mod easilly. Gen-2 using stupid no brand parts right? Harder to mod right? So even though the Waja 1.6M is slightly less powerful but I can mod, can increase brake pump, change gearbox/clutch easilly, etc.etc.

That's just my point of view. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Waja. Parts are swappable with Lancer MX.

Gen2? Better wait 5 years as parts are controlled by Proton and you cannot buy them outside.

anvies

Known Member
Feb 26, 2005
Visit site
depends what are you going to do with your car once u bought it lo...
if you wanna play modification just go for waja... more parts and choices are available outside there.

gen 2 also not bad as i heard they had a superb handling, only underpower when low rev (low rpm).

correct me if i m wrong :P :P

cyclonite

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Hello Guys,

yeah that's what I thought also because Gen-2 parts are still not proven to be reliable. Have to wait a few years and see. Also, who else in the world makes those specific parts other than Proton? On the other hand buying a Waja 1.6, can get lots of aftermarket parts coz it's standard Mitsubishi 4G18 block. Even if the stock Waja is slightly less powerful and w/o EBD, ABS, etc.etc. Can always fix Mitsu parts like better brake pump, caliper, etc.etc. In the end still safer than Gen-2 mah. Right?

:)

But in terms of body rigidity which is safer in an accident? waja or gen-2?

Rigid

Known Member
Jun 3, 2004
Originally posted by cyclonite@Mar 22 2005, 10:17
On the other hand buying a Waja 1.6, can get lots of aftermarket parts coz it's standard Mitsubishi 4G18 block. Even if the stock Waja is slightly less powerful and w/o EBD, ABS, etc.etc.

hehehe :lol: :lol:

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
i test drove both, Gentu fit an finish SUX, i suggest the Gentu assembly line Quality Control ppl change name to Quick Check better.Lousy paintjob,lousy assembly.