Waja front door can fit what size speaker

kapitan

Known Member
Dec 29, 2003
Visit site
Im just wondering whats the max size of speaker i can mount onto waja front door panel? I wonder why Proton make something so fugly and yet prevent ppl from changing even just the speaker..

boeytan

500 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
if u willing to cut a bit on the power windows black plastic, 7" can go in, no problem.

mattchin

Mar 12, 2004
Visit site
what size also can go in geh larhh...
cz everything could customade 1....
but i don think u can fit a woofer in larhh...
hahhahhahah!

Dique

1,000 RPM
Sep 1, 2004
home
Originally posted by boeytan@Mar 25 2005, 08:38
if u willing to cut a bit on the power windows black plastic, 7" can go in, no problem.
[snapback]839090[/snapback]​

if cut a hole at da plastic....would ur speaker wet up when raining....?

boeytan

500 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
[snapback]839090[/snapback]​

if cut a hole at da plastic....would ur speaker wet up when raining....?
[snapback]839186[/snapback]​
[/quote

of course u need to put something behing to prevent the water drip.. ask the installer do for u.

kapitan

Known Member
Dec 29, 2003
Visit site
what is the problem with waja if wanna fit 6.5 inch??
issit the door panel or the door frame itself?
if cut the fugly grey colored plastic/pvc surrounding the speaker grill, then it should b okay i think.. dont think rain water will leak in.. but if door frame itself present the problem, it could lead to something else..

so problem 1 (door panel) or 2 (door frame)??

boeytan

500 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by kapitan@Mar 25 2005, 19:15
what is the problem with waja if wanna fit 6.5 inch??
issit the door panel or the door frame itself?
if cut the fugly grey colored plastic/pvc surrounding the speaker grill, then it should b okay i think.. dont think rain water will leak in.. but if door frame itself present the problem, it could lead to something else..

so problem 1 (door panel) or 2 (door frame)??
[snapback]840887[/snapback]​
6.5" no need cut the door frame... just cut the power windows black plastic.

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
My HDs came from a previous Waja owner.Had some pics before he took it out...dont seem to have any problem with the install.
Just make sure you soundproof the door and inner door skin or else it'll be double workload again when you notice the whole thing vibrates like hell.

dracid

500 RPM
Jan 20, 2005
shah alam
no need to cut anything. the 6.5 comp will fit ur waja front door, but have to modified inside ur door. the prob is the 6" grill will not fit. if u want to use the grill u have to cut that grey plastic cover. i done my waja in megasound they add a fiber into it and charge me RM150. i custom made my whole car ice setup, cost me around RM967. only for labour charges. expensive huh??? :o

louis

Nov 16, 2003
just install a 7" to mine... but needs lot of work. it cost me 500 to install alone.
but with satisfaction.. very solid built metal plate built and screwed to the car metal frame.. weld additional metal ring weld to accomodate the speakers... with some angling.
but u hav to cut ur exsisting door panel.... as the mid will slant outward at the bottom.
installer = MEgasound

boeytan

500 RPM
Oct 22, 2004
louis can share the pic?

kapitan

Known Member
Dec 29, 2003
Visit site
show me some pics please..
i can custom made myself as I worked in a hardware trading company n haf access to piles of metal plates, and other steel item.

calvinhpk

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.mycarhifi.com
Originally posted by louis@Mar 25 2005, 22:14
just install a 7" to mine... but needs lot of work. it cost me 500 to install alone.
but with satisfaction.. very solid built metal plate built and screwed to the car metal frame.. weld additional metal ring weld to accomodate the speakers... with some angling.
but u hav to cut ur exsisting door panel.... as the mid will slant outward at the bottom.
installer = MEgasound
[snapback]841159[/snapback]​
louis' door panel is awesome....... good job done....kudos

Dique

1,000 RPM
Sep 1, 2004
home
yah..show us....i need some idea also...my new waja coming next week...must dump few pair of valeraine inside.....so need help from those waja Icer...

louis

Nov 16, 2003
send me ur emails... i dont know how to reduce the pic size., and couldnt attached in to ZTH

neo79

Known Member
Oct 24, 2004
You think Wajas one is bad? Till you see da Jazz... You'll bleed when they grind off the door frame to fit a 6.5"

aurie

Known Member
Mar 3, 2005
neo79 said:
You think Wajas one is bad? Till you see da Jazz... You'll bleed when they grind off the door frame to fit a 6.5"

muahahaha...agree w u Neo!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

There is hardly a car today that is more expensive, more beautiful, more desirable, and to some extent, faster than the Pagani Zonda. The Italian masterpiece trumps other Italian car makers, and I'm saying this with great confidence because there really is no other Italian car maker that could match the looks and desirability of a Zonda.

Autocar UK got a chance to take one of the last Zonda's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience