Vacuum hose to wastegate actuator

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Cannonfodder

Known Member
Hey guys,

I just changed the vacuum hose to the wastegate actuator and the car now won't boost above .5Bar.

I understand that there's a brass restictor pill in the hose, like this
attachment.php

Because my car had a manual boost controller installed (took this out along with the old hoses), the previous owner must have thrown the restrictor away.

Have any of you who've changed to silicone hoses have this problem, and how did you solve it (I mean besides finding and reinstalling the restrictor la)?

you mean u got manual boost controller fix to your car,then now u took out the manual boost controller.

then u connect the wasgate actuator vacuum hose to the std boost control solenoid and now car boosting 0.5bar?rite?

1:wrongly connected vacuum hose
2:vauum hose leaking
3:boost leaking from intercooler piping

btw,u can run the car without connecting the wastegate actuator to the std solenoid.u can connect it to the intercooler piping pressure hole.im using this way and boosting around 0.8 bar on my evo4,u might got higher boost on later evo

here is pics of mine

wastegate-1.jpg

Actually, I have an AVCR AND a manual boost controller.

Since the AVCR is there, I thought it was moot to have the MBC so I got new vacuum hoses to delete it. But after installing the new silicone hoses, all I get is .5Bar.

No, the hoses are not leaking and are connected properly. When I plumb the MBC back into the loop, I get 1.2Bar as normal, so it's not the hoses or connections, and since I can make the boost with the MBC in place, it's also not a boost leak.

The problem seems to be well documented. There's a brass restrictor in the stock boost control lines between the t-pipe to the boost control solenoid and the wastegate actuator.

I can't seem to find the restrictor in any of my old pipes, so I suspect that they were removed when the AVCR was installed. I'm quite certain that it's the restrictor that's causing the car to not boost up but I was hoping that maybe someone here managed to work around it.

Would anybody happen to have one lying around or has anybody seen an EVO halfcut with the boost control lines intact?

The MBC sits between the AVCR solenoid and the wastegate actuator. There's a reducer pipe (8mm->6mm) between the solenoid and the MBC, so I only changed the vacuum hose from the actuator nipple to the reducer pipe.

The hose from the reducer to the solenoid has not been touched.

Oh, and in case there's any confusion, I didn't just install the AVCR. The AVCR has been in the car since I got it (since it was new, actually) but for some reason, there's an MBC in the boost control pipeline. I half suspect that the AVCR solenoid might be faulty and the previous owner installed an MBC to get by the problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom