Tufoil Lubit-8 Oiler Stick

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Dear friends,

Some of you could be already using the Tufoil Lubit-8 oiler for your throttle/accelerator cables. For those who have yet to hear of this product, the Lubit-8 is a superbly blended light lubricant that is recommended for frictionless throttle cables.

Here is how to use this product.

At the throttle linkage, decouple the cable and lift up the cable skywards.There is no need to dismantle the whole cable.

With the left hand on the nylon jacket, pump in between the nylon jacket and the braided steel cable the Lubit-8 using the sharp nose applicator. With the right hand holding the end of the steel braided cable, push and pull the steel cable while the oil is soaking in. After pumping vigorously for about 50 times, fasten the cable back to the throttle coupling. Next, when you get back into the car and depress the throttle pedal, it is going to be light all the way,as if the cable has snapped feeling.

Friction multiplies throughout the length of the throttle cable which is often over 4 feet long. Ever wondered why strands of the braided cable snaps ?

One unit of Lubit-8 can be used to treat 2 cables. You can apply it once a year. This product looks like a white-board marker pen with a sharp nose mounted and onto a blister card. It's available at Ace Hardware stores in Mid-Valley, Melawati, Ikano Mutiara Damansara and also at Eneos.

Try it and get the advantage of a soft accelerator pedal. Here is another area of excellence courtesy of Tufoil.

Thanks and happy motoring.

Focal Point

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
This is something that is very affordable. It is retailed at about RM 21.00.

Good workshops owners are singing praises for this product when used to lighten the accelerator cable and throttle lingkage. It's effortless when you rev and the return is ultra-quick. It will be enough to last for a couple of years.

Besides, you can put in a drop or two for padlocks and also car door locks. Padlocks will never seize once you use the Tufoil Lubit-8 oiler stick.

The temperature rating for this product is above 500 F!! It's hence no ordinary product.

A high performance engine can be improved further with this small item. Obviously, once treated accelerator cables last a l o n g, l o n g time.

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
focal point,

1. Price gone up to RM21 now from RM17.90? better buy few more and keep.

2. I just bought a new accelerator cable. Should i lube it just with Lubit alone or would it be better if i mix with engine oil? 1 tube of Lubit enough?

thanks again

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Aircooled, take this opportunity to lube the brand new cable with Tufoil Lubit-8. For with the cable in the hand, it will be so much easier to lube it. Once you added in the Lubit-8, turn the cable upside down and upright a couple of times. No need to use engine oil or grease.

One tube of Lubit-8 is enough for 3 cables.Price is cheap for this level of technology you are getting. We repeat, it is no ordinary lubricant.

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
How would a lubed throttle cable help in acceleration? i don't get the logic here. Please enlighten me. I thought it's all about pressing on the pedal hard?? :P

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Once a cable is properly lubed, you can expect reduced friction between the braided steel cable and the nylon or steel jacket housing it. Stepping on the pedal is a little easier, less stubborn. There may not be an improvement in acceleration but pedal has a softer feel.

The Lubit-8 has been demonstrated in local workshops in the presence of car owners the last few years.

With Lubit-8 on bicycle brakes, it is certainly effortless to brake. This is another example from day to day experience.

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
Originally posted by FocalPoint@Mar 22 2005, 17:37
Once a cable is properly lubed, you can expect reduced friction between the braided steel cable and the nylon or steel jacket housing it. Stepping on the pedal is a little easier, less stubborn. There may not be an improvement in acceleration but pedal has a softer feel.

The Lubit-8 has been demonstrated in local workshops in the presence of car owners the last few years.

With Lubit-8 on bicycle brakes, it is certainly effortless to brake. This is another example from day to day experience.
[snapback]830819[/snapback]​

I see. Do I just rub the oil on the cable or I have to do it from end to end??

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Pillage, you can read the earlier application procedures detailed on top of the page. No need to dismantle the cable and take it out. The light oil flows very fast. Hence, cut only a small hole on the sharp nose applicator of the Lubit-8.

pillage2001

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
Originally posted by FocalPoint@Mar 23 2005, 10:50
Pillage, you can read the earlier application procedures detailed on top of the page. No need to dismantle the cable and take it out. The light oil flows very fast. Hence, cut only a small hole on the sharp nose applicator of the Lubit-8.
[snapback]833005[/snapback]​
Cool, now I need to know what the cables look like in my car. I believe what I saw is the throttle cable but I may be wrong......

Thanks!

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
How about door hinges on cars? Can this thing be used for it? Does it attract dust and dirt? The resulting grimy paste might grind up the hinge like lapping paste on valve seats!

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
No grimy paste here. The Tufoil Lubit-8 isn't grease. The door hinges that hold the doors to the car chassis are the preferred places to lubricate. The solid door catches shaped like a hook are also places to oil.

scudracer

Known Member
Jun 4, 2004
OK, I bought the oiler and did my hinges. I THINK there was some improvement in opening/closing smoothness, as I don't think the previous owner bothered to lube much at all.

Result wasn't RADICALLY different, as I hoped. One question is ... how long will it last? <_<

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Keep the Tufoil Lubit-8 oiler stick in your car always. When one day, your key cannot turn in the keyhole, just put 2 drops on each side of the key. It will work for you like it worked on our old boneshaker.

Besides, the garden gate padlock exposed to the weather will not seize with 2 drops of this light oi inside.

vampirewong

Known Member
Dec 17, 2003
Cheras
Went to Ace Hardware in MidValley on Saturday but don't seems able to find Tufoil Lubit-8. Mind sharing some pics how it looks like?

Thanks.

Originally posted by FocalPoint@Apr 2 2005, 12:23
Keep the Tufoil Lubit-8 oiler stick in your car always. When one day, your key cannot turn in the keyhole, just put 2 drops on each side of the key. It will work for you like it worked on our old boneshaker.

Besides, the garden gate padlock exposed to the weather will not seize with 2 drops of this light oi inside.
[snapback]861887[/snapback]​

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Wong, it is on a blister card hung on a hanging rod on left side of Gondola where thr TV is placed. Rgds.

vampirewong

Known Member
Dec 17, 2003
Cheras
Originally posted by FocalPoint@Apr 19 2005, 09:03
Wong, it is on a blister card hung on a hanging rod on left side of Gondola where thr TV is placed. Rgds.
[snapback]909260[/snapback]​

ok.. will check it out next time at MidValley

thanks.

KL3873Q

Known Member
Dec 4, 2003
Focal point,
I have checked with the dealer in Kuching, they only have Tufoil for engine but don't have lubit 8, so where can get from Sarawak.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Apparently, the Tufoil Lubit-8 Oiler Stick is the No. 2 best selling item in Harley Davidson motorcycle stores in America. Refer: http:/www.hmhd.com.

This Tufoil product is used for oiling motor cycle chains and cables. To all bikers out there, the Tufoil Libit-8 is a very handy item that you may want to keep in the bike's storage box at all times .It is certainly a specially blended oil that gives high performance.

Retail price is only RM 22. Last you some 1 to 2 years.Get it today.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
This product is also available at nearly all locksmith and key cutting booths across Canada.It is highly recommended for all car door locks and even those steering wheel anti-theft locks and also garden gate padlocks which always get jammed beccause of moisture and rain.