to sifus

Prince_Lycan

From Facebook
Jan 11, 2010
Hi Guys,

I just need so me advice on z350 :
1.can it be turbo charge ? would it be reliable?
2. whats the pros n cons of this vehicle?
3. how bout maintenance and service? how often we need to change engine oil?
4. Is it easy to find spare parts for this vehicle?
5. how much is the road tax for 350?:hmmmm:

thanks in advance:adore:

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
anybody??? :hmmmm: Im i askin the wrong question or in the wrong club:hmmmm:

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
can it be turbo charge ? Yes! would it be reliable? It depends on the type of modification and also the workshop that administers it
2. whats the pros n cons of this vehicle? Again it all depends on what type of car you are looking for... a car that is from the 2003 to 2009 era, one with a boot area enough to carry 1 golf bag, to carry 1 passenger, not-so frugal engine, a rear wheel drive V6? then the 350Z is one to consider
3. how bout maintenance and service? how often we need to change engine oil? Again it all depends on "the feel of the wheel"... if you treaasure it enough maybe every 5K KM if or more if otherwise...
4. Is it easy to find spare parts for this vehicle? Yes! pretty much
5. how much is the road tax for 350? Below 5k

1. What other cars are you considering?

2. What is your budget?

3. What are you looking for in a car?

4. How long do you plan to own it?

5. What is you current/previous car?

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
can it be turbo charge ? Yes! would it be reliable? It depends on the type of modification and also the workshop that administers it
2. whats the pros n cons of this vehicle? Again it all depends on what type of car you are looking for... a car that is from the 2003 to 2009 era, one with a boot area enough to carry 1 golf bag, to carry 1 passenger, not-so frugal engine, a rear wheel drive V6? then the 350Z is one to consider
3. how bout maintenance and service? how often we need to change engine oil? Again it all depends on "the feel of the wheel"... if you treaasure it enough maybe every 5K KM if or more if otherwise...
4. Is it easy to find spare parts for this vehicle? Yes! pretty much
5. how much is the road tax for 350? Below 5k

1. What other cars are you considering?

2. What is your budget?

3. What are you looking for in a car?

4. How long do you plan to own it?

5. What is you current/previous car?
firstly thanks for answering my ques...:adore:

1. What other cars are you considering? Im lookin at Evo 9 , FD2R civic, 525 m-sport

2. What is your budget? 170 - 190

3. What are you looking for in a car? performance, easy to maintan, n easy to mod

4. How long do you plan to own it? for a long time

5. What is you current/previous car? dc2, eg8, bmw 320i

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Well you definitely seem to be able to afford the Z and would be worthwhile to own it for a long time to come.

However, your shortlist of cars seem vague and varied from a front wheel and everything in between to a 4wd with N/A to V6 to turbo with the Z being the only 2 door.

As for looking for a performance car, the BMW may fall short in that category. But performance + easy to mod does not equal to easy to maintain... so you may have to look deep into yourself and relook into that equation again.

ysl

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
B'worth/Penang
Z can be FI easily, there are many bolt-on FI parts in market, HKS are one of the famous brand in Z turbo or Supercharge.

A 2003 unreg recon superb condition Z manual cost about 130-140K. The stock engine give approx 240WHP with speedlimit up to 188KMH. If you are talking about performance and speed, you will need to spend about RM1500 for a SLD or reflash your ECU, that will remove your speed limiter.

Once your car can run beyond 200KMH, you need to upgrade your brake kit (if your Z not come with Brembo). If yours has came with Brembo, you are advice to change to a better brake pad. A brake kit cost about 10K to 30K, depends on brand.

After that you will need to decide which direction will you heading to, a performance Z or a Fast and Furious looking Z or both.

If you are heading toward performance Z, the journey is quite interesting, you need to decide SC or Turbo. Supercharge are easy and less maintenance, not much custom modification needed because SC comes in complete kit. Like HKS SC, the simple and problem free bolt on kit, which can improve your car more than 60HP. It cost 27K including electronic piggy back and labour. BUT, SC power improvement is limited compare to Turbo, however, it is more than sufficient for a street power car.

Turbo kit are more customizable and more room for future improvement. There are many option for you to choose. Single or twin turbo? replace piston and conrod? etc. The more you upgrade/improve your engine parts, to support your turbo, the more boost you can dial into your intake system, resulting more power.

No matter SC or turbo, you should upgrade your exhaust system. More intake need bigger pipe for output.

After FI, wow! you find Z is the perfect street racing car, really fast and responsive. By this stage you are probably have invested about 200K (Car and parts). You will find very satisfied with your ROI. BUT don't forget to improve your car handling parts. Antiroll bar and better suspension system, wider rear wheel with with wider tires (for sake of grip and safty)

My conclusion is, 350Z is a good buy at this moment. The car is cheap now, this make Z owner can have extra budget to improve the car either toward performance, exterior or both.

Z's roadtax is a bit expensive because of it 3.5L cylinders. You have to set a side for RM13 a day for roadtax, but I'm sure you have no problem on this. The important is, you will enjoy a lot of funs with this car.

skyboy

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
KUL
Hi YSL,

Thanks for humble reply... it was helpful... cheers

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi

to all expert need ask... My wira is auto and i converted to Cable clutch manual gearbox... with 1.8 Flywheel, Preassure plate 1.8 and 1.8 clutch on my WIra 1.5 2004 model...

But i did now change the ecu... Will i need to change to manual ecu to have the better performance and efficient FC??? Cos the max speed i can go is 183km/hr... as i know all manual 1.5 can go up to 190km/hr...

So my Question is izzit that i need to change to MAnual ecu...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience