Tial 44mm can hold how much Boost ??

Jibong

Known Member
Aug 25, 2005
KL
gents, need help on Tial 44mm with 1 bar spring. i'm using tulang ikan, cheapo solution for boost control hehe. but the problem is the WG seems like struggling to hold boost really well even at 1.5 bar. it slowly increases. some says WG not big enuf, not enuf flow diverted. when I measure the WG, its ID is 44mm at the waste pipe but around 40mm at the valve inlet. so is it too small for 1.5 bar of boost? hate to spend too much on wastegate. pls advice.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
what turbo u running? there are some turbos that have boost control issues, for example an MHI TD06-20G in TD05 turbine housing...
or the tulang ikan something wrong? for example leaks in vacuum hose?

i really doubt that an original tial 44mm will cause problem. so many people using them without any problems at all... most people use 38mm up to 2bar boost n sometimes even more, no problem at all. be it VR4 engine, or 1JZ. tial 44mm should be even more superior in holding boost...

Jibong

Known Member
Aug 25, 2005
KL
Currently running GT35. me myself not convince by my mech saying that the 44mm is not big enuff. this is my third WG and i dun wan to waste more dough buying another one. first was cap ayam WG, boost it once the diaphragm gone. second was Tial 38mm, not holding boost give me spike everytime. this one 44mm still not holding boost good enuff. so is it WG at fault? just put in boost controller and get rid off tulang ikan...problem still same...set boost at 1 bar it still goes to 1.5 bar. haiya penin2

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Currently running GT35. me myself not convince by my mech saying that the 44mm is not big enuff. this is my third WG and i dun wan to waste more dough buying another one. first was cap ayam WG, boost it once the diaphragm gone. second was Tial 38mm, not holding boost give me spike everytime. this one 44mm still not holding boost good enuff. so is it WG at fault? just put in boost controller and get rid off tulang ikan...problem still same...set boost at 1 bar it still goes to 1.5 bar. haiya penin2
the way i see ur setup , its most probably the pipe that comes out from ur wastegate , whts the use bro having a 44mm wastegate and still use a 40mm pipe , its more likely restrictive , should be more than 44mm both sides for the pipes , 45-46mm , bro please bro , if u have a GT35R and a 44MM Tial , please do throw some money on a electronic boost controller like profec-a , evc or avcr , throw the sisik ikan, sisik ikan is also a cost for boost spike, u only use one nipple on ur wastegate for sisik ikan, if electronic boost controller, u use both the hoses, its for boost stability

i have seen gt30r on 38mm wastegate, they are doing more than fine , i have seen gt35r on 40mm its running fine too , 400hp cars running 38mm no problem also

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
check your vacuum hose that connected from your wastegate to to the turbine.if no koyak on the hose, do check the nipple at the turbine/intercooler.i thing your wastegate is big enough to hold that pressure.
p/s:last time im also using wastegate,lot of trouble using it till i have to let it go.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
check your vacuum hose that connected from your wastegate to to the turbine.if no koyak on the hose, do check the nipple at the turbine/intercooler.i thing your wastegate is big enough to hold that pressure.
p/s:last time im also using wastegate,lot of trouble using it till i have to let it go.
yeaps agree , wastegate is a headache, cos of small matters that some mechs dont take into their thoughts , pipe size , vacuum hose length to wastegate , u may read profec-a manual , i tink they mentioned the hose must be 50cm or shorter , placing of the wastegate on the manifold , or o2 housing :D

Jibong

Known Member
Aug 25, 2005
KL
thanks for the advice guys. i have installed profec-b at GT Auto, result still the same. they said it was the WG fault which is too small. i'm shocked a bit. but what can i say. but deep inside i still think that 44mm is still enuff. i took it out and measure the inlet. its not 44mm. its around 38mm. but the WG outlet is 44mm. i also have a look at Turbosmart 48mm WG. i measure it and its 48mm inlet. maybe that cause me the problem. pls advice.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
ya lor..44 is big enuf!im still thingking there is a leak somewhere there.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
sometimes people face boost control issues cos the turbine housing too small. what engine are u running, and what size turbine a/r are u using? hope they match perfectly.

fyi:
tial 38mm use 2 bolts mount, tial 40mm use 4 bolts mount, tial 44mm use v-band clamp. that info alone should suffice in determining ur wastegate

Jibong

Known Member
Aug 25, 2005
KL
i'm using V-clamp 44mm. anyway have any of u gentlemen measure the inlet and outlet of a Tial WG? i measured mine its not 44mm at the inlet, its much less. but the WG outlet is 44mm. so does it make any difference? cheers

Jibong

Known Member
Aug 25, 2005
KL
sometimes people face boost control issues cos the turbine housing too small. what engine are u running, and what size turbine a/r are u using? hope they match perfectly.

fyi:
tial 38mm use 2 bolts mount, tial 40mm use 4 bolts mount, tial 44mm use v-band clamp. that info alone should suffice in determining ur wastegate
my engine GSR, turbine AR 0.82, Comp AR 0.70, not sure i write it right or wrong.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Red Bull Rookies team is finally complete following the selection of the remaining two drivers from Singapore and Brunei to join the current two Malaysian drivers that will compete in the upcoming Sepang 1000KM race in December.

Malaysians Mark Darwin, 21, and Siti Shahkirah Shaharul, 17, will be joined by Singaporean Emmiline Ang and Bruneian Fauziah binti Haji Haziz @ Ogy. Emmiline, 23, is the first...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience