spoiler

dieerag

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
found this in car-talk section......

JDM: Different meanings for different people
You’ve heard it and you keep hearing it and chances are you’ll keep hearing it. But just what is JDM? Maybe you secretly don’t know what it really means; maybe you don’t even know why it’s such a hot thing to have a JDM engine under the hood, but not to worry, we’ll take a peek into just what JDM is and its different meanings for many people. Technically speaking JDM are three letters that represent the words: Japanese Domestic Market . From this definition you could conclude that JDM simply means any sort of part that was produced in the Japanese market. However for other people JDM can mean something more than this simple definition. These hybrids import enthusiasts define JDM as being a style and philosophy when customizing your ride.

The JDM style is known for a particular way of structuring a vehicle so it performs better while looking sleek and simple. You might do this by importing a Japanese engine and performing several body modifications, but it’s pretty much up to a person’s personal choice. A popular saying in the JDM world is that “form follows function”, this means that the car’s form should be principally based on what function it is to perform. Other Japanese Domestic Market influences signal that many of the car’s parts should be black. So, for example, a car with black rims can represent JDM characteristics.

Some people with lousy local bodikit claim that their bodikit is better and prettier than JDM spec. Others support this kind of group but they also don't really prefer those customized bodikit (just to make noise in the forum like a monkey, so they pretend to hate those JDM spec products!!). They love to make noise so that they can add their posting. They attacking JDM 'preserver'/enthusiast while they themselves also like JDM spec stuffs. For instance, when someone who’s a Daihatsu Charade GTti enthusiast try to promote JDM spec of bodikits, one stupid fella will say that JDM is not necessarily be in the car's bodikit. They even claims that custom made/rojak style is much prettier than just follow the JDM spec. But he himself not brave enough to fit those kind of custom made fiber bodikit on his own car...!!! He (no she) already installed De Tomaso bumper on his car...Is he dare to put fiber bumper onto his car..? Or at least install Citroen bumper on his car? No! Definitely not! At last, the JDM enthusiast had to delete his msg just to let that monkey attacking him... (You could find this scenario in Japanese car thread now...)

JDM is a subjective matter. There will be no right or wrong. People whose prefer JDM style will try to promote JDM spec. Furthermore, if you could afford to have JDM spec of bodikit, you'll have a big heart. You’ll feel great! Although you have spend that much, but you'll feel satisfy with your car. Custom made also can, but after a while, you will feel unsatisfied (why my car is ugly as now? why I didn't take that JDM enthusiast's advice...) with your car. At the end, you also will follow JDM spec as well...

For those who hated much on JDM enthusiast, try to cool yourself down, and don't let that JDM enthusiast feel down. He’s doing the right thing by promoting right things...

looks like mr aura cari 'port' baru hahhahahha.....

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
aiyoh.....what the heck was that for?? so mr aura is putting me down as well? WTF~~!! im using mixed and rojak bodykit also mar...so means you are saying i prefer JDM spec compared to the mixed or fibre kits as im using a kissa wing? is that what are you trying to say? shit man, come on, we met before for a sale which you sold me the KW springs, i met you before and you are telling me you are a JDM freak? are you sure?? i bet not...~~!! if you are such a JDM freak, why are you using uprated springs? might as well stick with the originals rite? if you are such a JDM freak too, why not stick to original seats? why would you change them to other seats? bugger, its like a waste of time we were communicating throught PM bout this mattter, how would you want me to give you support as when you post something like this up?? as i mentioned, im not gonna get into any shit that you brought yourself into now....just look at what you mentioned? dun dare put other bumper into his ride as he installed a deto bumper?? what the heck, so meaning that now im using a kissa wing with the mugen sideskirts, it cant be matched? i need to use mugen wing and mugen sideskirts oni ngam izzit? then i cant use my original bumpers too, i need to use those from mugen also...shit man...and if you are saying im not happy with my car looks now, im pretty happy with it, for your infomation, ive been using the bodykits for almost a year now, and im not even bored at it, the skide skirts came off once too, but i put it back! so, did i have any unsatisfactory feelings with my ride? no...im still happy with it. so what the heck are you trying to put up now, mr JDM??

if someone mentioned bout putting other things into their ride, you come up and tell bout your jdm stuff and that all other stuff aint gonna work for their car, so you are telling me that all the people here in malaysia itself is somehow JDM hypocrits as most of them put on fibred bodykits and not the originals but they love the original items? shit, look around you, is everyone using PU-ed items? are all those wira's and wiralutions using original evolution bumpers and sorts? are those kancil's using all original mira items?? some of them are still using fibered bumpers rite?

come on man, think...use your brains....its people like you who spoils the markets and just take this opportunity to catch some water fish to make big bucks.....

go use back your stock seats and mufflers lar since you are such a JDM freak!

edited(sorry mr aura bout the sideskirt thing, it was onyx who sold it)

Last edited:

DcKidz

Mar 25, 2005
Haaaiiiyooo!!! Poor this guy(Mr. Aura). Wakeup laaa... open ur eyes... try to behave nicely laaa... Dun simply fire others peoples laa... I am so kesian to u. Its ok to tell people whut r u intrested in. But plz "RESPECT" others intrest. If u don't respect them. Then they'll do the same to u. Can u see that? If u wonder why people flame bout u as JDM enthusiasm. It's becoz u don't respect them to find sumthing diffrent beside JDM. If u think u r very nice and a very2 gud guy to delete ur thread juz to stop an issue, i think it would be better is u respect others first.

I am just like Mr Speed demon. Wishing to have healthy and peacefull discussion. Everytime there's an issue around, then ur in it.
I wish discussion bout this JDM thingy... is end... how peoples wanted their cars look likes... JDM or not... is up to them...

-peace-

Last edited:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
well, yeah, wish for a peaceful forums, its really getting out of hands, peace yall!!

;) anywayz, back to topic, so did you manage to get your spoiler already??

zoidx_chung

Oct 25, 2005
gavan said:
well, yeah, wish for a peaceful forums, its really getting out of hands, peace yall!!

;) anywayz, back to topic, so did you manage to get your spoiler already??
not yet...look for many half cut shop also dun hav...

dave

Known Member
Sep 2, 2004
well ..for me i actually used to like the gtti long spoiler alot..but no money ..i had to settle for kissa spoiler with 3rd break light..using is for almost 2 yrs now..looks good

dieerag

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
lurkent said:
kihkihkih....takkan keluar semua forum pasal bengang kat aku dgn Aika sayang oii...... :rolleyes:
do i know u mr lurkent?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

well bttr we stick to our topic n leave 'mr aura' alone!!!!!syoh syohhhh.......

zoix if u get ur spoiler.....can u post it here?hehehhehehe

zoidx_chung

Oct 25, 2005
the whole thing RM2++?
how if i only want the spoiler, dont want the door...

Gtti_LAN

Known Member
Aug 10, 2005
kuala lumpur
cannot...la..its already attach....

actually the spoiler is the last part of my fully detomasu bodykit on my aura...but now..its back to gtti bodykits... its took me about rm600 to build it...but if u want to the spoiler itself...i dont mind ...but take the bonet also...i dont want to keep it..by the ways its kissa bonet with wiper....

carlos_redneck

Sep 4, 2005
Johor

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

it is meant to replace wira, hence compare to wira loh.. what is so confusing about that??
wasnt the WRM the gen2??

or is the persona replacement for wira sedan?

LOL

im confused

Proton introduces the Waja, discontinues the wira.

then comes along the Gen2, and having a similar size but different packaging (hatchback)

how can they have two, (three actually) cars of same capacity competing in same segment?? (under 1.6 liter)

the waja shud be...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience