Speaker size for Civic FD

maxcruiver

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
Hi all ICE members..

Anyone here knows what's the maximum midbass speaker size that can be installed on new Honda Civic FD doors? Can a 7" Dynaudio speaker be mounted nicely or need to make the hole bigger?

Also, the ori CD player is attached to the dashboard. Is there any aftermarket product to replace the dashboard if i want to upgrade the head unit? If yes, how much?

Thanks...

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, there's an aftermarket bracket for the FD.
Not sure about the cost though.
I installed this bracket for my CM5 for RM200.

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
saw it before, around 300 for the aftermarket bracket and no u cant fit a 7 inch midbass into FD.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
the bracket is around 250-300 i think, and dyns 7" is not an easy install no matter what car, will definitely need some cutting.

maxcruiver

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
Don't think i would cut a new car's door... is there any other way? Or i would choose some other 6.5" speakers...
Any good recommendation? Budget is around RM1k - 1.5k.
I've thought of Focal if Dyns is not suitable, how much is a set of Focal 2-way comp?
Thanks for the info about the bracket...

Last edited:

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
For around 1.5k, I would recommend the DLS Reference.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
all depends on your taste in music, and what amp u are using. focal would be more suitable for instrumentals, dls more for vocals, but focal also has better bass sometimes, depends on model lah, dls also some models got good bass.

anyway why dont u visit a good reputable shop that has dyns, focals and dls, let them oprn up the door, and show u which one fits better, and what exactly will they cut. usually just a bit of metal from inside the door, nothing visible.

maxcruiver

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
For around 1.5k, I would recommend the DLS Reference.
Is it DLS Reference MS6A? The freq response is 45hz - 20khz.. the midbass must be sweet!
Where can i get this comp set? RM1.5k is the best deal in town? Anyway i'm from KL.

Personal question, r u uncle Soong?

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Is it DLS Reference MS6A? The freq response is 45hz - 20khz.. the midbass must be sweet!
Where can i get this comp set? RM1.5k is the best deal in town? Anyway i'm from KL.

Personal question, r u uncle Soong?

According to the installer, it's Reference RC6A.
You can go audit his subless car with this comps installed.
The location is Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara, opposite Man Soon Tyre shop.
You can contact him at 012-2515553.
He sells cheaper than your mentioned price.
You know me???:confused:

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
Or maybe you can modify ur speaker to your kickpanel...The sound clarity would be much better compared to the door

maxcruiver

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
According to the installer, it's Reference RC6A.
You can go audit his subless car with this comps installed.
The location is Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara, opposite Man Soon Tyre shop.
You can contact him at 012-2515553.
He sells cheaper than your mentioned price.
You know me???:confused:
RC6A? I tried to google DLS Reference RC6A but couldn't get any close result. There's only R5A which is a 5.25" comp set. :confused: maybe should pay a visit to the shop u mentioned.
Who don't know uncle Soong in ICE forums? LoL... I joined a few IascaMalaysia TTs few years back but I think u've forgotten who i am already. After that i quit playing ICE so didn't join any of the TT anymore. Now want to change car, so thought of upgrading to a better comp set and amp, therefore need some advices from experienced sifu here. hehe

Last edited:

maxcruiver

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
Or maybe you can modify ur speaker to your kickpanel...The sound clarity would be much better compared to the door
Good idea..but don't think i will do any major modification on my new car... sakit hati mah..hahaha

maxcruiver

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
RC6A? I tried to google DLS Reference RC6A but couldn't get any close result. There's only R5A which is a 5.25" comp set. :confused: maybe should pay a visit to the shop u mentioned.
Who don't know uncle Soong in ICE forums? LoL... I joined a few IascaMalaysia TTs few years back but I think u've forgotten who i am already. After that i quit playing ICE so didn't join any of the TT anymore. Now want to change car, so thought of upgrading to a better comp set and amp, therefore need some advices from experienced sifu here. hehe
I've found RS6A here http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_10494_DLS+Reference+RS6+-+RS6A.html,
is this the one?

pisces23

Known Member
Apr 30, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry, old man-memory fading-met too many ppl at the TTs to remember everyone!!:banghead:
Have upgraded some of my equipment since the iasca days.
We are having weekly TTs at a mamak stall behind ESSO along Jln. Kuchai Lama on most Friday nights.
Why not join us and you'll get to audition and share info with another FD owner??
As for the comps, am not sure about the model as I was told by the installer.
I suggest you call him to reconfirm.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
the model is R6A, good midbass but midrange and highs are so so only. i have 4 frens using this as their midbass driver in 3 way systems. for beginner is ok la i guess...

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
there are alot of speakers thats within ur budget. Like pisces said, go audit first before committing

maxcruiver

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
ok.. will try to join TT if time allows.. Thanks

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
Good idea..but don't think i will do any major modification on my new car... sakit hati mah..hahaha
I saw a few civic in penang modify their 6.5" component to Kickpanel..New car also..very nice sound

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading my ride's throttle body on a N/a engine..Can someone tell me what other things i have to do for this upgrade and where can i do this?I'm thinking of upgrading a 58-62mm throttle body.Does this give any effects on the engine?

PLease help guys...thanx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience