Sound beeping at 120km/h & above

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Problem is that, have to speed up to 150km/h to test! That time I tested also at KESAS, that also not straight enough. The only straight one is the one before reaching HICOM Proton.

Tested, no matter what gear also still got sound. Low gear, 2nd, 3rd and D. With or without ECT on also same.
Friend, doing 150kph in low gear?:confused:
Test on Kesas better be careful. If not, add charges from Uncle SAM for speeding.....hahhahahha

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

bro sf,can describe the sound in detaik and where u suspect it comes from?
sometimes its those little2 thing like the plastic underguard.

is yr jetta turbo?
if yes,i sure its not the sound of the intake?
Sorry, brother. His Jetta is NA and actually not an actual Jetta, because he so love to have one, so called his Jetta....hahahhahaha

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Too bad my continuous "yiiiiiiii....." sound can't really solve yet :bawling:
You do realize your description is super duper vague?

1. Yiiii sound
2. Only happens when you drive above 150km/h

And that's it? Solution is drive slower than 150km/h. :sleep: Give more description laaaaaaaaaaa

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

1. Yiiii sound

And that's it? Solution is drive slower than 150km/h. :sleep: Give more description laaaaaaaaaaa
Problem is after that remark, he mention every gear also have, even low gear so he did 150kph in low gear??:confused:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
bro sf,can describe the sound in detaik and where u suspect it comes from?
sometimes its those little2 thing like the plastic underguard.

is yr jetta turbo?
if yes,i sure its not the sound of the intake?
According to two friends including TitanRev as one of them, sound coming from the dashboard. All the while I thought is gearbox problem but then a friend said logically if gearbox problem, if it is the final gear, u dun need to wait till 150km/h only reach the 4th gear. If u were driving normally, u would have reach 4th gear before 150km/h.

Friend, doing 150kph in low gear?:confused:
Test on Kesas better be careful. If not, add charges from Uncle SAM for speeding.....hahhahahha

Sorry, brother. His Jetta is NA and actually not an actual Jetta, because he so love to have one, so called his Jetta....hahahhahaha
Ya, passed the rest house and only start speeding and it was around 2am that time.
Yes, speeding already that time only drop gears slowly, and then accelerate back up to 140-150km/h to maintain the noise sounding, cuz was troubleshooting where it came from.

both friend say from dashboard. Might be wiring.

1. Yiiii sound

That's the only description to give, nothing more how to give :frown: As long as hit the speed above 140+- to 150km/h and above surely have sound. I manage to test until 160km/h+-.

Sound still persists.

does your gbox judder/vibrate/sudden jerk? if not then your gbox is fine, could be your bearings
Sudden jerk, sometimes only when in P, slowly change do D got a bit, but very rare. Not when driving time. Driving time change gears no jerking.

Even my mech can't really figure out due to no proper road to actually test that speed.
But he said my gears appear to be fine and smooth gear change.

So is a very weird case.

On 2nd note, engine was replaced before due to previous engine overheated. Same stock engine. Maybe wiring could be the issue? Not done properly or so?

Can't be speed warning. As it is not beeping sound.

But a long yiiiiiiiiiiiiiii........ sound continuously. Seems to be louder when speed goes higher.

At 1st thought was wind noise, but don't seems to be the issue.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Then could be something vibrating at that speed.
However sound coming from, sometimes may not be from there. As in ghost stories also sound can be from else where....hahhaha:biggrin:

I once had the yik yik sound too and can be heard coming from right side wheel, but after a long strenuous check, finally found that the left side rack end making noise (grease dried up), and all the while checking right side....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Then could be something vibrating at that speed.
However sound coming from, sometimes may not be from there. As in ghost stories also sound can be from else where....hahhaha:biggrin:

I once had the yik yik sound too and can be heard coming from right side wheel, but after a long strenuous check, finally found that the left side rack end making noise (grease dried up), and all the while checking right side....:banghead:
Doesn't sound like something loose. U know sound like whistle, that's why I thought my windscreen or what got lubang that the wind is blowing through there that is making the whistle sound haha!

but not exactly whistle if u know what I mean....but hard to tell u what is that sound though..

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Doesn't sound like something loose. U know sound like whistle, that's why I thought my windscreen or what got lubang that the wind is blowing through there that is making the whistle sound haha!

but not exactly whistle if u know what I mean....but hard to tell u what is that sound though..
could be yr ventilation flap but this is along shot.
u know the aircon system has the flap which when switch can allow outside air to vent in.
overtine with frequent usage it can be loose.
try sealing it shut.i did that with my sis kenari as the car seems to let outside smell in.
i just wedge it as the flap was never used all the while.

worst is could be a bearing,any bearing.very tiresome to check as it happen at high speed.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
According to two friends including TitanRev as one of them, sound coming from the dashboard. All the while I thought is gearbox problem but then a friend said logically if gearbox problem, if it is the final gear, u dun need to wait till 150km/h only reach the 4th gear. If u were driving normally, u would have reach 4th gear before 150km/h.

Ya, passed the rest house and only start speeding and it was around 2am that time.
Yes, speeding already that time only drop gears slowly, and then accelerate back up to 140-150km/h to maintain the noise sounding, cuz was troubleshooting where it came from.

That's the only description to give, nothing more how to give :frown: As long as hit the speed above 140+- to 150km/h and above surely have sound. I manage to test until 160km/h+-.

Sound still persists.

Sudden jerk, sometimes only when in P, slowly change do D got a bit, but very rare. Not when driving time. Driving time change gears no jerking.

Even my mech can't really figure out due to no proper road to actually test that speed.
But he said my gears appear to be fine and smooth gear change.

So is a very weird case.

On 2nd note, engine was replaced before due to previous engine overheated. Same stock engine. Maybe wiring could be the issue? Not done properly or so?

Can't be speed warning. As it is not beeping sound.

But a long yiiiiiiiiiiiiiii........ sound continuously. Seems to be louder when speed goes higher.

At 1st thought was wind noise, but don't seems to be the issue.
when moving stick from P to N or D will feel a sudden jerk its normal, at least u know that your gbox is not at fault.

some perdana owners also encounter an irritation sound then driving 80kmh above, searched high & low for the sound finally found out that it was from the chrome strip at the windscreen that creating that irritation noise. maybe u could check it out too.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
could be yr ventilation flap but this is along shot.
u know the aircon system has the flap which when switch can allow outside air to vent in.
overtine with frequent usage it can be loose.
try sealing it shut.i did that with my sis kenari as the car seems to let outside smell in.
i just wedge it as the flap was never used all the while.

worst is could be a bearing,any bearing.very tiresome to check as it happen at high speed.
I was thinking only through dyno machine can diagnose? So if on dyno machine, no wind coming through vents or anything.

During test drive did turn on and off air cond, same as well. Radio not on. Indeed a long shot. Some say wait till the sound get worse only see how. Then I was like, is like waiting for cancer to reach critical stage only sought for medical treatment then is too late adi or might cost more.

I don't speed all the time to 150km/h but then if there is a problem, I think we should not ignore.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I was thinking only through dyno machine can diagnose? So if on dyno machine, no wind coming through vents or anything.

During test drive did turn on and off air cond, same as well. Radio not on. Indeed a long shot. Some say wait till the sound get worse only see how. Then I was like, is like waiting for cancer to reach critical stage only sought for medical treatment then is too late adi or might cost more.

I don't speed all the time to 150km/h but then if there is a problem, I think we should not ignore.
You need wind tunnel liao......hahhahhahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Bring diagnose. Got lots of roads here that can hit those speeds.
Second that....jom, we diagnose jetta.......:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Bring diagnose. Got lots of roads here that can hit those speeds.
You need wind tunnel liao......hahhahhahaha:biggrin:

Second that....jom, we diagnose jetta.......:driver:
Don't pee in my jetta will do when the turbo kick in :rofl: :rolleyes:

on the way to your place, the roads seems not even one wor Izso. I usually dont feel comfortable speeding when going to ur place haha!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Don't pee in my jetta will do when the turbo kick in :rofl: :rolleyes:

on the way to your place, the roads seems not even one wor Izso. I usually dont feel comfortable speeding when going to ur place haha!
You don't speed going to Izso place, it is Izso who will be doing the speeding after you reach his place......hahhahahhahaha:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
You don't speed going to Izso place, it is Izso who will be doing the speeding after you reach his place......hahhahahhahaha:driver:
I is scared :rofl: Ya better leave it to him since he more familiar with roads there.
KESAS I still okay since i do travel there quite often

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hmmm i planing 1 to get 1 pcs those last time very popular aeroplain light to play play,hmmm problem liao,where can i get those aeroplain light lehhh??
aeroplain light=last tiem cheap strobe light(put on 3rd brake light 1)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience