Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naza Sorento 3.5 V6/ 2.5 turbodiesel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
Naza had yet converted another Kia model to be a Malaysian car. ha ha ha under license laa of coz.

New Naza Sorento now is cheaper; at less than RM140,000. for 2.5 turbo D with 5 speed auto.

leaving its direct competitor Toyota Fortuner handicapped at price of more than RM170,000.

between these two, which one is the better?

vote your poll!

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
i would choose niether...i would go for the Subaru Forester..and i think its cheaper...than the "KIA".well not the naza version though...

look also at Nissan x-trail and Mits Outlander...

well if it i had to chose..would get the fortuner...

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
How many does the Sorento seat? I think the Fortuner seats 7.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
i think sorento seats 5 laa... too bad. Nissan X-trail is in a different league compare to these two.
XTrail same category with RAV4, CRV, Pajero IO, Kia Sportage, and so on... much smaller.

is outlander a 4WD machine? previously known as Airtrek rite?

ehaab

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2005
Malaysia
yes the outlander is 4WD...i am not sure whter it is the newer version of the airtek...
though the airtek with the evo engine was bloody cool...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
perfer the fortuner... afterall, its toyota... better than naza, which is korean car...

lixor

Nov 14, 2005
I've tried my boss's sorento 2.5 turbo diesel. Distance= KL to Kota Baru.
Here is my comment.
Power= excellent very torquey :rock:
Handling= So so
FC = Excellent one full tank can cover 850km :rock: .
NHV= good
Driver's driving position= Good :rock:
Transmission= Very good :rock:
Maintainance $ = parts can be a bit expensive :thumpdown

Just my 2 cents :dancing2:

blue_hippo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2004
i go for forturner......very nice. huge comfort.my dad has one...hehe

badguy

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2004
go for fortyrner for sure if can
my sister one is very good and powerful

i see from one chinese forum
sorento been vote the most fuel un-economy vechicle in the world
they compare
engine cc
car weight

the result
sorento is the champion

donno how true is it!

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
well, both sorento and fortuner has equal votes.

anyway, if compares between turbodiesel models either shud have similar figures.

unless of the comparison is made on petrol versions...
3.5 V6 sorento sure is gas guzzler compare to 2.7 4 pot Fortuner.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
One is a Toyota. The other is Korean. 'Nuff said.

Although I don't think the Sorento is actually the direct competitor with the Fortuner which is considerably more expensive and seats 7 people instead of the Sorento's 5. That puts the Korean into the league of X-Trails and CRVs etc.

Plus, I've seen a Fortuner on the roads, in black, and it is seriously imposing. Partly because it is so bloody big. It just dwarfs everything else, apart from lorries and buses. If you want something practical, comfortable, reliable, seats 7 and has a lot of presence, get the Fortuner. You can also seriously pimp this baby like what the Americans do to their Escalades. It has got potential.

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
i am thinking that Kia's sporatage is doing that job in the small SUV category against X-Trail, CRV, RAV4, Vitara...all using 2.0 engines.

Fortuner is actually a new generation of mid size SUV. previously Malaysian had Landcruiser Prado (Colorado in some markets) to compete with the likes of Pajero, Trooper, Land Rover Discovery..to mention some names.
Ssangyong jumped into this category in mid 90s with the super ugly Musso but failed. they later came up with Rexton, with comprehensive line ups of 3.2 and 2.8 petrols as well as 2.7 diesels.
Kia also joined in with Sorento later.
http://www.ssangyong.com.my/content_rexton.htm

rexton and sorento cant fight in big SUVs like Range Rover or Land Cruiser Cygnus (also known Lexus LX470) or Nissan Patrol as they are in a separate categories at all. just look at the engine displacement.

which leaves the sportage to compete in small SUVs.

being a seven seater is not new, almost all mid sized SUVs are 7 seaters since the days of Prado. Pajero and Trooper also equipped to carry 7 people on board.

not firing at you though silverfish..the facts says them all...

IMHO, i wud choose Fortuner against Kia Sorento (old price) but against Naza Sorento (new price) the latter has its price advantage. though, it loses out 2 passengers to Fortuner. guess, i have to leave them at home..wakakakakkakakak :lol:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
zan, you have a point.

Nevertheless, price bracket matters more to Malaysian than the actual class of the vehicle ie. the Myvi being compared to the Savvy although they are in different class because they are priced similarly. Therefore, ultimately, buyers would look at the price tag and compare cars of similar value. The Sorento has a bigger engine but when has having a bigger engine than 2.0 litres be popular with Malaysian buyers.

Now that it is cheaper, it would become another alternative to CRV and X-Trail buyers to think about but it wouldn't affect the Fortuner too much. UMW were expecting to sell the Fortuner in small numbers. They rack in the numbers through the Innova and Hilux which are based on the same platform.

Then there is the question of build quality, judging from a recent quality survey, Naza (Kia) isn't doing so well in that department. And again, it is Korean which isn't the best place to start with in terms of quality. Maybe it just me. They are improving and I'm sure one day they will catch up with the Japs, but I don't think it will be too soon.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can anyone teach me to DIY the fishbone boost controler. Which one i should connect to??? If possible show me pic it will be more detail. For youe infor i'm driving mira L5
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience