Something about lifted hood.

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
i donot think engine bay heat will crack windscreen, sunray does in a looooooooooong term. the best way to know the cleavelage works or not, is to diy on your car. hehehe, logical thoughts are just thoughts, u must put into action to see results. japs oredy "cleavelaged" the hoods back in 1995.....some even drift without a hood !

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Even though not lifting up the hood, air still will flow out from the bay (at least the base of engine bay is wide open is isn't it? ) Lifting up the hood will bring down the temp more (or some may do shark fin at fender).

Arturo mentioned what will happen if got frontal collision... sure scary to even imagine it..

Does GT cars lifted their front hood ? They only make air vents on the hood...correct me if i'm wrong...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
foofis...i also agree...i think the heat wont be such a big affect....cos thinking about it...we everday park under n drive under the sun oso no issues with temp difference. i think they drift without hood for better 50-50 weight distribution kua...

takuya...i remember watchin somebody cutting custom vents into the fender b4...really can see the hot air coming out. i think that would be a better alternative to venting the hood since we here a lot of rain n sometimes flooding...water gets into the distri/airfilter n gone case....i never seen gt car lift it's hood...y wanna do cheap diy fix when they have so much money to just go n get a CF vented hood? about the accident...i can imagine since the weakest link would be the nut holding it up will shear off first...then the hood gets pushed back into the A pillar...next is see whether the A-pillar fail first of the hood bends first...

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
Even though not lifting up the hood, air still will flow out from the bay (at least the base of engine bay is wide open is isn't it? ) Lifting up the hood will bring down the temp more (or some may do shark fin at fender).

Arturo mentioned what will happen if got frontal collision... sure scary to even imagine it..

Does GT cars lifted their front hood ? They only make air vents on the hood...correct me if i'm wrong...
Same way to disperse heat, different methods.....

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
sunway got a bodykit shop name D1, last time they qoute me 600-800 for custom vented hood on ori bonnet plus paintjob

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
tq for da info bro..but last time i was using evo3 bonnet kacuk wid perdana bonet....but never potong one...just put the e3 bonnet ontop & fibre the gaps...wah..damn berat oOOoo...that time few yrs bck now common edi no need to kacuk, just ketuk the e3 bonnet humps put the 2 scoops....

my current bonnet also damn charn edi...need to change...waiting for the CF bonnet price to go lower 1st....2nd hand also jadi la.....

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
actually, i have thought before to "korek" the whole stock bonnet's frame and the metal out, then replicate whole bonnet with fibre (regardless got vent or not, but it's 85% lighter!)

This kind of job takes 2-3 days, cost Rm700-800. RM900 with paint job. For this plan, the point is to reduce 85% wieght off the hood, if the car is on a diet plan, this is one answer. And when the paint job is done it look ori, jpj wont stop u. hhehehe

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i also thought of that, means i potong all the 'tulang' bonnet so it becomes lighter as well, but ended up scrap the project due to safety reasons......the tulang is there for a reason, to protect the drive & passenger....but if wanna korek, how bout the longkang for the water to flow? unless u do like silvia, like a big 'U' on the bonnet, let the water flow onto the radiator top. to think again scared karat...hmm......

freeman1314

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
Hmm I think everyone here concludes that lift hood does help reducing the engine bay temperature. But imagine when got frontal collision really damn scary la if the hood is hard and bend your A pillar, if unlucky may even travel deeper in harming the driver and passenger.
Bro foofis, replacing the whole hood with fiber product does make it lighter by alot, but can the fiberglass tahan the heat ar? scare cannot last long already starting to warp into other shape.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi
I am using zerone high low soft hard absorber. Just wondering if anyone has used edfc units from tein with zerone absorber. Does the screw fit?
Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience