Satria - Noise of all sorts.... How to eliminate?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

yohannes

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
NZX/Kelana Jaya
Dear everyone that has experience with Satria's......

My problem :
I drive a 1.3 Satria manual , year 1996. The problem I have is that there are too many unwanted noises in the car. Would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to get rid of these sounds, and what equipments to use for a silent and comfortable drive.

1st problem :
Exhaust......Previously when I bought the car, it was running a Wai Yip kind of muffler, was loud at every rpm, even when idling. So I changed it to a Satria SE muffler, 1.8" piping with a center bullet from Zenden. However, after some time, it became noisy again.

The latest setup is, a twin tailpipe exhaust muffler, S-flow, the same 1.8" piping from the 4-2-1 all the way to the rear, in the middle there are 2 center boxes. One is the center bullet from zenden, second is a longer rectangular shaped center box, from Wai Heng....(Kweng84). The setup was pretty good at the start, however, after a few months, it's noisy again, especially at around 100km/h and up, the vooooommmmmmm sound is rather unbearable, especially when what I want is a slow and relaxing drive.

What I need now is a suggestion as to where I can get my exhaust system done, I want a quiet system, as quiet as stock if possible....dont even want to know an exhaust exists...My condition though, is that the muffler must be a twin tailpipe with a limited budget.

Suggestions on setup and place to do it will be greatly appreciated. (Apart from Lai exhaust in SS2 and Kweng84's place) since both shops were unable to provide me with the quiet setup that I want.

2nd problem :
Squeaks here, there, everywhere......The most obvious would be from the front...in the dashboard...when Im dragging the car(not the racing kind of drag), using a gear that is a lil higher than it should be.....and the dashboard starts rattling continuously. Gets extremely irritating. Another sound from the front, is the enginer bay....my stock air filter(carb) rattles at high rpm giving out some ttrrrrrr sound.... No idea how to fix it without changing to open pod air filter( Which i dont want due to high FC and lack of power at high speeds).
In the rear, theres that plastic panel that's fixed onto the rear boot cover.......squeaks alot when I go over bumps, etc....Already sticked foam etc all over it, but it still squeaks alot. My guess is that the clips fixed to the car body are making the noise...dont know if u guys get what I mean...when I talk about the clips.

3rd problem :
I've got a dying gearbox. Whenever I am driving at about 2-3k rpm, from 2nd gear onwards, theres this constant krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkrrrrrr sound ... I dont know how to explain it. My mech tested the car with me, and he was positive that it's the gearbox that's causing the sound.

The sound dissapears whenever the clutch is engaged, and Ive already done everything required to quieten the engine, from tappet tuning to timing tuning(no knocking) and changing all the belts....So I'm pretty sure now that the gearbox is pretty much dead.

What are the solutions to get it working again? Is a change necessary? Whats the costs involved? Would really appreciate if someone with past experience on this problem can lend me some help.

In advance, thanks to everyone who takes tim to read this long post, and reply it.
:adore: Would really appreciate the help !

yohannes

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
NZX/Kelana Jaya
Anyone can help?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi

I'm newbie here, just need help from you all, My Car is a Satria GTi (EMS, SIemens), I want to put in e-Manage Blue, is it ok? because some of my colleague said that dosen't have much difference if i installed em' in my car unless mine is a GTi MPI.

Please help. Confuse:confused::banghead::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience