saga backfiring

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

zulkefz

guys,
need advise to solve backfiring problem..happen when idle,press hard the pedal (rpm drop) poping sound 3 or 4x exhaust..pop..pop..pop..
my 86 saga already :
-top overhaul
-rebuild carb
-new spark plug,air filter,petrol filter

problem still persist..what is actualy the problem..or might be my old existing exhaust..

Sounds cool, leave it as it is then...heh.

zulkefz said:
guys,
need advise to solve backfiring problem..happen when idle,press hard the pedal (rpm drop) poping sound 3 or 4x exhaust..pop..pop..pop..
my 86 saga already :
-top overhaul
-rebuild carb
-new spark plug,air filter,petrol filter

problem still persist..what is actualy the problem..or might be my old existing exhaust..

It's happened to mee too...not resolved yet. Send for tuning computerised several places...but still happen. Even worst, my car every morning or after parking for several hours, rpm will low and have to wait up to 1 hour to make sure the rpm ok. Sometime, if need to rush, after 2-3 minutes warm-up, need to pull choke at every time stop at traffic light.:confused_smile: :cry_smile:

sound cool what lol... i saw one member from club4ag showing off his new HKS exhaust system on his ae86 also like this.. prop pop pop pop everytime he rev abit and let go.. lol nice nice

ignitian timing problem??... jz a lucky guess...

proton12vauto said:
It's happened to mee too...not resolved yet. Send for tuning computerised several places...but still happen. Even worst, my car every morning or after parking for several hours, rpm will low and have to wait up to 1 hour to make sure the rpm ok. Sometime, if need to rush, after 2-3 minutes warm-up, need to pull choke at every time stop at traffic light.:confused_smile: :cry_smile:

huh ?? Why you need a computerised tuning for a carb car ? Dun sound logic to me ler hahahaha....

Since the car is 8v Orion or Magma...misfiring mostly got to do with the spark coil....Carburator will only caused bad FC, airfuel, idling....check your distributor also...

thanks,
maybe de sound pop..pop..pop... sound cool..but what i know is that it caused by unburnt fuel that burnt at exhaust pipe..so power & petrol of de car is wasting..now petrol price were expensive maa..:cry_smile:

g88 said:
huh ?? Why you need a computerised tuning for a carb car ? Dun sound logic to me ler hahahaha....

Since the car is 8v Orion or Magma...misfiring mostly got to do with the spark coil....Carburator will only caused bad FC, airfuel, idling....check your distributor also...

Distributor replaced...computerised tuning to measure FC and compression since do top overhaul.

I need good distributor tuning man here. Any of you in Kepong?

Carburator is still ok. Confirmed by several mechanics

proton12vauto said:
Distributor replaced...computerised tuning to measure FC and compression since do top overhaul.

I need good distributor tuning man here. Any of you in Kepong?

Carburator is still ok. Confirmed by several mechanics

How about coil and spark plug condition ? Your spark plug would able to tell whether your fuel system or distrubutor system is having problem....

Hi,
I m having the same problem after i've changed my centre bullet recently....i think it's wasting my fuel too.....any thing else i can do other than changing back my centre bullet??:cry_smile:

my distributor cap and the rotor already replaced about last month..and spark cable still ok,checked..

know my carb having problem..always 'sumbat'..3rd time knows..but i already service & rebuild the carb..:confused_smile:
when 'sumbat' the car idle ok,but can cannot accelarate..no power to move..

arrrghhh..give me headache ..so many problem

normally such thing occured due to faulty spark plugs or improper ignition timing, mayeb too advanced or too late.

the other thing is that there maybe air leak at the air filter system, carburettor or exahust manifold. this allows un-needed air to enter and kacau the preset air-fuel mixture.

tighten all screws, bolts and nuts as well as do a tune-up

otherwise, change to EFI engine. if problem still occurs, change new car.

if you like the sound though, leave it as it is. it is actually cool, for those not knowing lah..

even you wanna replace the Orion or 8v Magma carb to a new one now i think it would be EXTREMELY hard to get..if yes price will be sky high !

good luck

i also had the same problem...what you have to do is to check your ignition timing...then adjust your carburetor...your fuel mixture... after that should be okay alreadi...

i'm having this misfiring problem too...can any sifu here tell me how to check the ignition timing ah?? my car is toyota ae92 standard carb engine(4A-F).

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom