RPM revs, even without pressing accelerator..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

LemonRuski

Known Member
my car is an A/T, and I would like some advice abt this issue. It doesn't always happen but I would like to have it solved.

- when idle, in neutral or parked mode, my car's rpm is usually just below 1000K. Is this good? Or should it be higher / lower?

- when the problem happens, my car revs up to about 2000K. Sometimes, it drops and quiets down, but there was once when it stayed at 2000K for about 1 minute.

- so far, it happens when car is in neutral and parked, but not when in drive mode.

How do i solve this?
What is the problem?

lemon,

for what i know it's normal. but i need to ask u, does this happen when the engine is cold?. if your RPM is below 1k when in neautral and parking mode, means it's good. it's supposed to be at 900RPM.

i think first of all u have to state what is the size of the engine as well..but usually it is around 1k...maybe it is the car's tuning that has gone wrong somewhere or the Something with the ECU......or maybe it is a mechanical fault...

ur throttle body kong oledi...xperience it before on my wira.i think it can be service or u can just change it..

my fren also encounter throttle body problem...
but his case a bit different...
his car will keep revving...RPM up n down....

ehaab said:
i think first of all u have to state what is the size of the engine as well..but usually it is around 1k...maybe it is the car's tuning that has gone wrong somewhere or the Something with the ECU......or maybe it is a mechanical fault...

ehaab, what do you mean size of engine? my car engine is a 1.6...

ziranath said:
ur throttle body kong oledi...xperience it before on my wira.i think it can be service or u can just change it..

what's a throttle body? and how to determine if it can be fixed or needs a complete change?

if fixing, then what would most likely be done to it?

is it expensive to replace?

Check the throttle cable also... mine stuck at 2000rpm once. Open bonnet and shake the cable, it went back to 900rpm. Later, went home and applied some grease on the cable. Works till now.

7500RPM said:
lemon,

for what i know it's normal. but i need to ask u, does this happen when the engine is cold?. if your RPM is below 1k when in neautral and parking mode, means it's good. it's supposed to be at 900RPM.

hmm...let me see,
it has happened early in the morning, on the way to work when i'm stopped at a traffic light.

and there was once when i drove from Cyberjaya, all the way to Puchong Mobil gas station, then while waiting for my turn, the rpm started to go up and my car went ..."roaarrrrr"

acbc said:
Check the throttle cable also... mine stuck at 2000rpm once. Open bonnet and shake the cable, it went back to 900rpm. Later, went home and applied some grease on the cable. Works till now.

err, sorry to sound blur, but since i dont know how the throttle body looks like, i'm not sure if i know where the throttle cable is... =(

prozac said:
Does it happen when you turn off the aircond?

wow, good question. I haven't tested that one yet, so i can't give you an accurate answer.

any specific reason why u asked me this? does it make a difference if the aircon is off / on?

calvin , up and down means the gear in the TB or the ISC already gone .
no solution , but only can replace .

bridgestoneRE711 said:
calvin , up and down means the gear in the TB or the ISC already gone .
no solution , but only can replace .

yaya...now that u say the gear thing i remembered my fren's prob is the gear thing in the tb....sorry ya...for my blurness...

ed0gawa said:
yaya...now that u say the gear thing i remembered my fren's prob is the gear thing in the tb....sorry ya...for my blurness...

sorry sorry...my fren used my com n forgot to log out...ter reply using his acc!!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom