rm500 HU, pls advice, need help

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

83cat

Known Member
curently i interesting with the Alpine 9841 about rm500, is it too expansive seen it does not have anything only good sound,

compare new sony GT150 only aroung rm400 and GT350 with 24bit about rm550, or 3 2.5v preout GT450??

buget around rm500, what to choose?

I thought people don't recommend Sony ones? The lense is not good enough. Not really sure la.
I was using one, from my experience, it might have problem when you park your car in the hot sun. Go inside, start car and play CD. Sometimes can't play. Even the manual also got some warning/caution about this.

People also say that sony ones tend to skip. How true is this?

One argument that my friend provide,
Most HU don't need ESP, but Sony one have. Why? because they skip :_:

I would recommend going for the Alpine, even tho it is priced slightly higher.

Good sound (or natural sound) is ultimately what we search for in a HU. A good, clean sound (not digitized or tweaked by so many in built functions of the HU) will also give a clean sound input to the amp. Other necessary frequency adjustments can be done via an external crossover if the need arises.

Sony products... they WERE good before. However, in my opinion they have somewhat lost their market segment due to some of the reasons that have been discussed before.

Given a choice between a lower end Pioneer and a higher end Sony HU, I would take the lower end model Pioneer any day.

Why? In my experience using the first few Sony HU's when they released the first Explode line, they WERE really good. Some of my friends are using the newer Sony but all i hear from them are mostly complaints.

Alpine would be an ultimate discerning choice; except the model u mentioned lacks the abililty to play MP3 lah. (i think)

Hope this helps.

thankyou alot everyone, still considering.. not know enaugh about HU make me hard..

people say book to be use only feel not enaugh... stupid haha

Top Bottom