Ris Low (Miss Singapore)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Uh huh!.....she don't speak with a slang but she uses the wrong slang.although she 'tries' to speak with an accent but instead speak like the is a foot long in her mouth.

u want my honest opinion?

1st of all my opis pc doesnt have sound but what i can see is that she is pretty normal, nothing special... dunno bout u, maybe mouth big? maybe eye big?? but other thingy's small??

for me "mou boh, mou loh" :rofl:

no offence tou :smokin:

Uncle Fred is old skool kaki. Not a fan of bj but prefer big tits and arse that can launch a battleship.

It's funny listening to the people interviewed in this clip :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tcm4QuR_KY

Almost every one of them were indignant about her ability to speak English. What is really funny though is almost every one of those jokers who were interviewed cannot complete one English sentence with proper vocabulary.

Especially that dopey looking bookworm kid at the 1:04 mark of the footage.

on the other hand, she's getting a LOT of publicity here, even thouhg it may be crappy publicity, if she can capitalize on it... she can make some good money... :listen:

You can be his manager.:rofl:

his???? OMG!!! is she a 'shim'? :banghead::banghead::banghead::rofl::rofl::rofl:

seriously, she could write a book and publish it while the 'issue' is still hot. might make some money out of the sales of those books instead of really 'going home ashamed and empty handed'. of course, the editor may be having sleepless nights editing her writings... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

a book talking about her condition that she has that makes her steal and how she became a condom abassador?Arrrgh!Now, i'm not sure i got my vocab and spelling rights!

To be quite frank, if she had not shot herself on her foot by getting caught with credit card fraud, she would have held on to the crown anyway. It wouldn't have mattered if she had crappy English.

But she stumbled that one bit, and suddenly everyone comes down on her like a ton of bricks and amplify every bit of imperfection she had.......imperfections which would otherwise had been ignored if she did not criminalize herself in the first place. You want to fair about things, you can also say that our Amber Chia did not exactly have an easy time communicating in English,but she still manage to make good career with her other attributes.

I'm not condoning Ris for her actions. She's stupid for what she did. Should have known better.

But it still did not change the fact that when I look at those many ppl who were interviewed for their opinions, I find their conduct were equally ugly, what with all their petty self-righteous indignation. Some of them look like they are enjoying a really good time rubbing her face in the dirt. Too bad. People usually find it hard to be magnanimous, but find it so easy to run with the pack mentality.

Just my 2 cents. Don't shoot me

It's ok for any tom dick and harry to speak crappily or for amber and her poor command in english but it's because ris is representing her country which draws flak from singaporeans.Yes,i'm embarrassed by amber's command in english as well.better leave it to someone who can represent her or her company better.If command in certain languages does not matter if one says then what gives?

Turbolover,

I don't deny there were other girls there who could and should have been better chosen to represent Singapore. And I don't deny it is hard to watch when Ris speaks. That was not my point.

My point is Ris did not catch too much flak before the criminal charges came to light. Sure, people had issues with the way she expresses herself even then, but it was not something that was taken to vindictive proportions. There wasn't a public outcry as such.

Of course all that change, when the fraud charge became known. And suddenly overnight, people were using that as a platform to amplify her other mannerisms and in many cases enjoying the whole lynching. That was my point.

I don't know bro. You don't think the general public could be ugly in their ways ? Look at some of those footages. There is some genuine enjoyment by ppl over her circumstances. True, she did a stupid thing and should face the law. That's deservedly due. But I just don't get any pleasure seeing someone getting a repeated beating down.

Just my observation, that's all. Anyway I think too much in my free time

Last edited:
This world, is a cruel one.Whatever good you do, people always and will always pick on your mistakes.When you reflect on it we sometimes do it too.hehe.Reality of life.Just like Tiger.Whatever he contributed to the golfing industry is useless as people will only want to know how many holes he screwed up and not how many birdies he made.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom