Rear Right Wheel hits rear fender

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

alexklg

4,000 RPM
Hi guys,

I have this problem with a new set of rims. Apparently, it is too wide for my Neo and will hit the fender/mudguard/mangat (different ppl tell me different words).

I'd tried to rectify the problem by,
1. Hitting the inside of the fender/mudguard/mangat
2. Max camber adjustment (1degree, 38mins)

But the rubber still scrap against the fender/mudguard/mangat.

My friend advised me to CUT the inside of the fender/mudguard/mangat.

Any suggestion other than changing rims?

err.. cut the insides of the mudguard like yr fren advised u to do so.. else, do widebody... heheh

I'm using bfgoodrich tyres. I think it is rounded, maybe it is because it got scrapped off.. haha... But anyway, originally, i think it is rounded. But still hit the fender.

Anyone have any experience for this? I have mixed feedback like cutting the inside of the mudguard will tend to rust rather than knocking and vice versa. Which is which?

dude, whether u cut or u knock,if it rust, it will rust.. no diff.. coz if u knock, internally the paint would have cracked, hence d rust will surface.. if u cut, at least u can spray anti-rust primer on it

dude, whether u cut or u knock,if it rust, it will rust.. no diff.. coz if u knock, internally the paint would have cracked, hence d rust will surface.. if u cut, at least u can spray anti-rust primer on it

woo.. okie. Thanx bro.

maybe find a different set of wheels with different offset will solve the problem. certain alloy wheels have too big offset...

maybe, but i got my dream rims already. dun think i want to let it go in the near future. hehehe...

then ur next solution would be best to knock out the body. like blackie mentioned. i would avoid changing the camber angle as it wud affect the tyres with uneven wear later.

again as blackie mentioned - go for smaller tyres....LOL

yaloh... maybe change to a lower profile or something. But will try and see whether can knock the mudguard more. If not, cutting is my last resort.

my sincere advice to u my fren....dont modify the body.

1. it will affect anti rust warranty

2. it will make ur SNEO hard to re-sell. unless u change back the bodywork back to its original spec.

worth it?

keon.....
would u wanna try adding bushes to ur suspensions?
kekekekeke.............

yeap, dont camber ur wheel... good cornering, but for normal use, thread wear will be uneven....

i would suggest knocking ur fender out abit... try rolling up the inner arch abit... if still touches, den look for mudguard sifoo knock knock the fender....

i think there was several options...

1. use the low profile tires, so dat tires will not touching mudguard, but ur car can't b too lower la..
2. like others said, knock or flip inside the mudguard, can DIY if u dare, hehe..
3. skim the inside rim's, at the nuckle base (donno wat to call dis la..), machine shop can do dis, for example if ur rim now is et32, ask them to skim it become et40 or maybe et45.. find the best offset for neo, if it same like wira/satria, i think et40 to et45 is the best..

gud luck bro..

m@ttz, that's a interesting suggestion. I think i know what you mean, but is that "knuckle base" easy to skim? Any feedbacks from friends?

ya la...change to smaller rims la? why some ppl put 17inch for 1.6 powered car?pls dont go more than 16inch.15inch is the best.if ure driving skyline than it is ok la.

using 16", those lightweight ones... ori neo also use 16", with 50 series profile. Duno whether it is adviseable to change to 45 series profile (if all else fails).

m@ttz, that's a interesting suggestion. I think i know what you mean, but is that "knuckle base" easy to skim? Any feedbacks from friends?

got 1 fren, quite 'hardcore' on sportrims, said he done b4, cost around rm20-rm30 per piece i think, perfectly install at his car now..

no idea 2 do on very2 lighweight rim, need 2 check wit machine shop, it same like u skimming waja rim become chrome..

plan 2 do also when get rare one but not matching offset, hehehe..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom