rb20 and rb25 turbine

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Dr.D

500 RPM
i was kinda suprise as like many of us thought the stock rb20 and 25 turbines were bushing turbo's but they are actually ball bearing ceramics... i just found out when i dismental my turbo and found bearing in them.. i confoirm with Tong Turbo and they are ball bearings but not able to withstand high boost.. my ceramic turbine totally blew off the shaft ... pity despite ball bearing, it still spools quite late compare to the gt series. just my thoughts.

i was just wondering, what is the difference in duration and lift for cams in rb20, rb25, rb26 and v spec? thanx

alot of ppl said the max boost for the rb20/25 turbines is 1 bar
Anything more and the exhaust fin would fly out.. lol :_:

what turbine you upgraded to ..?

cheers :regular_smile:

Dr D.

What happened to ur turbine, what was the boost..
Did you refurbish the turbine? What was the cost?

Just checking....

cheers'

change

well i kinda boost to 1.5 a few times then the turbine went down the hole where the sun don't shine... so i change to rb25 turbine.. it's ok i guess.. more mid range to top end pull... boost creeps in 500rpm later... the old turbine ? well that where my anatomy class was from. i wanted to rojak s15 compressor with rb20 turbine housing but tong said it wasn't possible as s15 turbine wheel was smaller... but garret t3 compressor was possible.. eyeing on gt2840 anyone used this turbine on rb20?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom