Racing/Sports Suspension/Absorbers for RD2

Baramunk

Jun 6, 2007
Hi guys,

My RD2 recently very wobbly so I brought it to a workshop and they found out the rear absorber is dead. Then he say he have to order from Hyundai for the original stuff, then my suggested I should get after-market suspension/absorbers (I dunno, I am noob). But Hyundai Coupes very rare, so I have no idea where to find them...

Please advice..

PS : I also looking to change the front + rear lights. Front, like those BMW round circles thing, these days almost all the proton got, the Rear, also I want round round wan....haahahhaa

Last edited:

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
Baramunk,

You can refer to the previous threads in this forum. We have members who use aftermarket suspension and even modified subaru TEIN suspension. They have shared their opinions and I don't think it's appropriate to ask them to repeat what they have said. In short, it's the price vs comfortability that you need to judge.

So far I haven't seen any front lamp with angel eyes but there are members who modify their stock head lamp to add on BMW-style / CCFL angel eyes. For the tail light, there are plenty on the Internet, like this one http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQHyundaiQQTiburonQQIPCWQQTail_LightQQ20002001QQI11CWT1201C2.html.

Hope my two cents worth...

Baramunk

Jun 6, 2007
The website is awesome, a lot of nice parts, but they only import to USA/Canada.

As for the aftermarket suspension, I read through and found out, got a few brands...but still need advice which one is better. My friend told me to about GAB, but got a user say GAB not so good. ArchDyeu got Titan (I think) at a nice price and seems no problem.

I need more information and advice on the suspension because I am at Penang, and planning to go KL to do it, since Penang, like no...ppl do wan....

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
Wahahahaha.. one of the very fierce coupes is in Penang.. I have never had the chance to meet him.. BS might want to share something???

I had seen a nicely bodykitted silver RD2 at Raja Uda.. Heard from friends that the car always go for competition in Juru Autocity.. Go search for them!!!

Baramunk

Jun 6, 2007
Yeah...for bodykits..Penang got a few good shops, no problem for that. I think I wanna try the Titan suspension..Archdyeu you around? How's the Titan suspension after 1 year....ahahaha.,..

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
Baramunk.. You must ask ArchDyeu's dad.. Maybe I will flash and horn him kaw kaw to stop him if I see him on JB roads...

ArchDyeu

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
teenexe.blogspot.com
I have arrived........

Sorry for the irregular logging, i've been occupied.

Baramunk, nice to meet you. I'm sure you've read the things i've wrote on Titan Suspensions, i believe there are atleast 2 threads i've posted some updates as well as how the Titans have been treating me.

I've not dirving my coupe for about 6 months plus now (could be 8months, my god......). I'm currently abroad. What i can tell you though, is my experience for the 1st 6 months i was using the suspensions.

Titan is home made, meaning each suspensions are customized to fit your car, by using your old suspensions as a sample. You'll have to leave your car with them for about 2 to 3 days, depending.

I believe i've posted on the different types of suspensions as well as settings Titan carries. As for my experience on using them, if i need to change suspensions again, my choice would be Titan. The material used is really good quality. I've changed only for my fronts pairs. After changing, with medium softness/hardness, i no longer have any complains on the stupid roads we have. As a matter of fact, i believe i've hit a few pot holes before, even that i didnt quite feel it.

As for how the suspensions is after this long, i'll ask my dad on his opinion on this. As Sim has mentioned, my dad's driving it now since i'm not around for the moment. But Titan comes with 2 years warranty, basically, all i can say is i've seen their work, and its good product.

As for GAB, yes, i've also heard negative reviews of them. But i've not heard any bad things on Titan. So thats why i went with Titan.

Anycase mate, Titan has my recommendation. I'll update again after i speak to my dad.

Sim,
Later you kene tangkap for road rage i donno ah........
Haha.....:rofl:

Baramunk

Jun 6, 2007
Thanks for replying. Yes, I've been planning to get Titans...but I never expected it will take 3 days. Hahaha, looks like I have to make some planning to go down to KL.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Baramuk, instead of going back to Hyundai, my suggestion is to get aftermarket like Titan.

I believe I might be the only one here buy the original Hyundai Suspension set here for replacement (back 4 years ago), cost me RM2000 if I'm not mistaken, the front is more expensive that rear pair (Front = MacPherson Strut mah).

Just my 2 cents. :biggrin:

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
RM 2000?!?!?! So expensive meh? You went back to authorized service center?

ArchDyeu

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
teenexe.blogspot.com
Wah.... expensive....
Still, its 4 suspensions. If consider Titan, 4 suspensions would be RM2400, RM1200 a pair non-adjustable........

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Chinese New Year is coming!!!
those who have to grooming his car 'shui shui' for the chrismas & new year coming!
worthy to do it!!
Class A) BMW 7 series, Mers S class, Totoya Harrier....etc = RM480
Class B) Mit Evo, Toyota Supra, Mazda RX7 ....etc = RM380
Class C) Proton Wira, Waja, Myvi, Kenari......etc = RM300
Pls View to believe!

Specializing in home polishing for cars!~
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience