Question to all Skyline sifus

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

rott

Nov 28, 2004
Saw a couple of r34 GTS for sale by grey importers and would say the price is quite reasonable. Anyway, found out that the 4 door version is cheaper (suit my budget) and need some answers before committing to one:

1. The 4 doors version wont hold its value as well as the coupe, right?

2. Are there any differences in specs between the 2 door and 4 door versions? Some claimed to have 280 bhp and some 220 bhp. Which is correct?

3. Would the handling be any different between 2 and 4 door version?

4. What would the maintenance be like? Servicing costs and good service center?

Thanks!

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
I'm not a sifus..but, I can answer some of the quest..

R34 GTS 4 door sedan, original engine is RB20DET, so the HP is kinda different with GTR's powered by RB26DETT..

whats the price quoted for the coupe and sedan? since im interested too.. :D

*Sifus, correct me if I'm wrong.. :)

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
rott: to answer your question...

1) Nope. Not true. In fact, due to the R34 GTS 4 Door being in the D1 series. I wouldn't be surprise that its value will be higher than the 2 door.

2) The 280 bhp is from the RB25DET NEO. The 220 bhp comes from RB25DE (non-turbo). The 4 door version is slightly longer in length than the 2 door. Cabin space is almost the same though.

3) Definitely. There will be slight handling difference as the 4 door is slightly longer. However it won't be of much significance.

4) Servicing will be just like any RB engine. So not to worry.

How much are they selling the 4 door for?

silverzilla

Known Member
Mar 9, 2005
the rb25det neo version of the 34 seems to make power more easily than older 25s.

4 door looks very unique and tough too so u made a good choice,another choice is the nissan STAGEA,sexy car in my opinion.4wd and rb25det while 260RS has the rb26dett.Even more convenience in a wagon.

rott

Nov 28, 2004
Thanks for the replies firstly.

D1, i would assume it is some drifting event?

The price i saw is around 170k plus presumbly with some allowance for discount. Is it true that GTS only comes with rear drive - meaning 4wd is exclusive to GTR only?

Further question - for the turbo version of GTS, would it be advisable to install turbo timer? Hows the reliability and maintenance of Skyline comparing to rally replica like Subaru Sti?

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
D1- drifting event ;)

GTR-4WD, GTS and others-RWD

In my opinion, turbocharged cars need a timer.. :D

*Sifus, correct me if i'm wrong.. :P

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
I believe the first picture is the non turbo version of the R34. Running on 16 inch rims and two pot front brakes.

The second is a the turbo version with 17 inch rims and 4 pot front brakes.

rott

Nov 28, 2004
Referring to the pics, yeah, these are the models I saw. To differentiate between a turbo or non-turbo, the best would be to observe the engine series as mentioned by Sifu Cheaka earlier.

Any advise on the maintenance? What are the things to look out for when inspecting a (used/unreg) 2000 Skyline GTS ? Need to know before purchasing or should get a foreman to do the inspection? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

silverzilla

Known Member
Mar 9, 2005
to check the engine maybe compression test? and you have to put it on a hoist and see the condition,its usually very easy to tell the life of the car by looking underneath.

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
I believe the first picture is the face-lifted model of the R34 sedan, and there are some minor alterations to the interior and engine, where it produces more torque than the earlier model (2nd pic).

There is no 220hp model. The RB25 turbo version comes with 280ps, where as the NA model comes with 200ps. There's a RB20DE version with 155ps. The turbo version has a different engine cover from the NA version, and the 'GT' badge is in red colour, whereas the NA version has the GT badge in blue colour.

There are 8 variations of the sedan, namely:
- 25GT TURBO (RB25DET, 4 pot brakes, FR, 17" rims, manual & dualmatic)
- 25GT-V (RB25DE, 4 pot brakes, FR, 17" rims, manual & dualmatic)
- 25GT-X (RB25DE, FR, 16" rims, dualmatic only)
- 25GT (RB25DE, FR, 15" rims, manual only)
- GT Special Edition (RB20DE, FR, 16" rims, automatic only)
- GT (RB20DE, FR, 15" rims, manual & automatic)
- 25GT-X FOUR (RB25DE, 4WD, 15" rims, automatic only)
- 25GT-X FOUR L selection (RB25DE, 4WD, 15" rims, manual & automatic)

4WD model will have a code of ENR34, whereas RB20DE model will have a code of HR34. ER34 will be the conventional model.

Hope that helps.

rott

Nov 28, 2004
Mr. Nismo, thanks for the comprehensive explaination. The model advertised is probably GTT model with dualmatic tranny - though I was told the car does not have any spoiler (is it an option in Japan or does certain model comes with spoilers)?

The important part is - I am not really good in looking at used / unreg cars. What is your suggestion? To bring a qualified mechanic (from where?) or to drive the car to a workshop (again, where?). I really doubt the dealer will let me drive the car out though.

rott

Nov 28, 2004
Oke. So I had nego a package deal from the seller ..price is slightly below 160k for a GTT (as shown in picture no 2). year 2000 and unreg. Is this a good deal?

Again, my worry is the condition of the car (5 year old). Since most of the members here bought their Skylines thru grey importers - can we take the dealer at face value? The guy was saying the car condition dem good, low mileage, original paint.... Just buy and drive? If i were to get them to write a warranty - which would be the things to look out for? He said 3 months on engine and gearbox - excluding wear and tear. Conman?

Thanks.

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Just curious, how much would a used 2 door GTT costs?
What is the first year of production and are there any major updates throughout the years in production?

rott

Nov 28, 2004
Cipan,

Thanks for your lead. May I know whether it is a 2 or 4 door version? As I had mentioned previously, I was quoted slightly below 160k for a 4 door GTT unreg 2000. Err..I think the price you mentioned is on the high side for a registered unit.

Actually I had not made the decision to buy it yet as I was offered a R33 GTR Vspec (used) for almost the same price. In dilemma now - R34GTT ot R33GTR???? :blink:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
It's hard enough to find a ER34 but would it be harder to find a manual version of it instead of the tiptronic??

The Marketplace Latest

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

In terms of performance, durability and price, is there any MAJOR different between methodology & works crank pulley..

Or recommend any brand crank pulley for me~

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience