6. Over all

Appreciate all ur comments....

Thanks

arih

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Sunway
www.resakse.com
if new, better buy civic. If 2nd hand, just buy Perdana Sei & convert to twin turbo. Good for cruising, better engine & exhaust sound. Handling wise, perdana prone to understeer on really hard cornering which I suggest you to train ur left foot to do the braking while accelerating.But handling is better than Ferio, dunno about other Honda u mentioned. Maintainance wise, on Major service (75000km) u might empty ur wallet for rm1.2-1.4k. On regular basis, I think mitsu part are cheaper than honda. For the look, up to your creativity. I just love PV6 exterior, kinda smooth shape instead lots of sharp edge on honda. Fuel cosumption, stock vs stock..honda win hands down.

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
v6

Thanks for the info bro..

Even my choise is the V6..as i like the exterior & interior as well.
But the 2 only thing is the G/Box which ppl say is very sensitive &
fuel of coz...

I am comparing a SV4 2.0efi actually with the PV6 not 2.2DOHC Vtec anyway.

Bout the 75K mileage service, r u referring to the PV6 or Honda ?

After driving a Putra Manual & testing a PV6 , i dun feel much difference in the power (i mean it feels rather more powerfull the V6 then Putra)

arih

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Sunway
www.resakse.com
I meant ir for the pv6 that 75k km mileage.

for the g/b, you need to maintain it carefully. Every 20k change the g/b oil,gasket..every 40k flush it. And use only Proton g/b oil. And if possible Install ATF cooler like new PV6 (from sep 2005 and beyond). Mine, before convert to TT..didnt have any problem at all since 1997.But I changed the oil every 10k mileage. (well, coz I didnt know it need to be change at 20k mileage :P

about putra, err..I never drive one but I thought its was the fastest proton car? dunno rly well la coz I didnt like 2 doors car.

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
v6

IC, the sept 05 models onward have a transmission oil cooloer ?
I did not know that....

Anyway, i am planning for a 1999 MOdel or a 2001 Model Black colour of coz..

How much will it cost to install a transmission cooler

I feel getting a 1996/7 model, i feel will have loads of conversion to be done
especially the interior...

I test drove 1 2001 model & man it handled like charm...I fell in love with it
immediately....

Is there a certain badge of V6 where it's recommended to buy or anything in
good condition of coz..

I heard the early badge V6 uses a different g/box (the code) compared to da newer ones

arih

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Sunway
www.resakse.com
if you install it at eon/proton, it will cost u like rm2k+. Chop shop around rm80 without installation.New one, rm300-400.

actually 1996-1997 is not v6. its Sei with 4g63p engine. IMO, buy the one at this range if you want to convert ur engine later. Well, which one u buy it doesnt matter on the handling side once u change ur spring & absorber.

anyway, it all share the same chassis. doesnt matter which version u buy, after convert it...the only thing that different between urs and newly bought v6 are the downpayment and amount you have to pay everymonth to bank :P

btw, no input from honda side?

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2005
Kota Bharu, Kel
putra4767 said:
Guys,

I am planning to get either a Perdana V6 or Honda Accord SV4/CD6
(2.0efi or 2.2efi or 2.2 Vtec)

Among the both above, which is more better in terms of ;

1. Power
2. Handling
3. Looks
4. Maintenance
5. Fuel Economy
6. Over all

Thanks

Better go for Honda SV4 la... 2.2 vtec or H22A is better.
V6 FC high
V6 Handling not good enough...
V6 lack of power
V6 maintenance almost same as Honda
Honda more hansome look.
Over all, I choose Honda... haha

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
putra4767 said:
Guys,

I am planning to get either a Perdana V6 or Honda Accord SV4/CD6
(2.0efi or 2.2efi or 2.2 Vtec)

Among the both above, which is more better in terms of ;

1. Power
2. Handling
3. Looks
4. Maintenance
5. Fuel Economy
6. Over all

Thanks
My comments :- STOCK STANDARD V6 (165ps) Vs. SV4 (Accord Local F20A/F22A 150ps)
1. Power = V6
2. Handling = V6
3. Looks = Fair/Equal
4. Maintenance = V6
5. FC = V6
6. Overall = V6

My comments :- STOCK STANDARD V6 (165ps) Vs. CD6 (Accord JDM H22A 200ps)
1. Power = Definitely CD6
2. Handling = Definitely CD6
3. Looks = Definitely CD6 (CD6 comes with smoke light & bodyparts, hence looks sportier)
4. Maintenance = Fair/Equal
5. FC = Definitely CD6
6. Overall = CD6

See the different!!.

Last edited:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
arih said:
if you install it at eon/proton, it will cost u like rm2k+. Chop shop around rm80 without installation.New one, rm300-400.

actually 1996-1997 is not v6. its Sei with 4g63p engine. IMO, buy the one at this range if you want to convert ur engine later. Well, which one u buy it doesnt matter on the handling side once u change ur spring & absorber.

anyway, it all share the same chassis. doesnt matter which version u buy, after convert it...the only thing that different between urs and newly bought v6 are the downpayment and amount you have to pay everymonth to bank :P

btw, no input from honda side?
To convert normal Perdana Sei to 6A12TT also lagi pening...in term of TT maintenance like wear& tear, AUTO GEARBOX RELIABILITY (since manual tranny very2 rare)& majorly FC, as compared to conversion from F20/F22A to H22A (auto/manual). At least Auto gearbox for H22A stilll has a better life-span compared to 6A12TT/v6 auto gearbox.

Powerwise among those two... overally I would say H22A still has better marks la, even though it's unfair comparison NA Vs. turbo.

My suggestion is...as for now better stick to NA. Judging from the uncertainly future fuel price & economic prospecs etc , definitely NA engines will give u more savings during this crisis time. Even original Perdana 2.0cc Sei engine not bad..still can speed up to 180kmh and got decent torque too!!.

Potential of 6A12TT is very2 limited in our country, that y i u noticed most of the Perdana owner nowadays would go for Evo3 conversion in their Perdana bay, other than 6A12TT.

Last edited:

arih

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Sunway
www.resakse.com
my SEI convert to TT not pening a bit loh...wear n tear can use perdana/eterna/galant gt sport's spare part.problem searching for manual gearbox? heheh...why need to stick to eterna/perdana gearbox? lots of range manual gearbox u can choose.

Yup, SEI engine rly reliable, with just exhaust & induction mod mine can go max 210kmh but thats it.100-180kmh V6 still faster.

Good suggestion! Perdana also can convert to evo..up to evoIII without mounting mods, also there is mivec..wide range of choice.

But for me, Honda are for rich people loh...dunno why but at my workplace, if someone drive honda they'll say, "wa...orang kaya, pakai honda tuu..".I think nowdays, v6' status already dropped. :_:

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
aja said:
My comments :- STOCK STANDARD V6 (165ps) Vs. SV4 (Accord Local F20A/F22A 150ps)
1. Power = V6
2. Handling = V6
3. Looks = Fair/Equal
4. Maintenance = V6
5. FC = V6
6. Overall = V6

My comments :- STOCK STANDARD V6 (165ps) Vs. CD6 (Accord JDM H22A 200ps)
1. Power = Definitely CD6
2. Handling = Definitely CD6
3. Looks = Definitely CD6 (CD6 comes with smoke light & bodyparts, hence looks sportier)
4. Maintenance = Fair/Equal
5. FC = Definitely CD6
6. Overall = CD6

See the different!!.
Wow ! That 1 of a comparison....

Now i'm confused again with my choise...:confused_smile:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
arih said:
my SEI convert to TT not pening a bit loh...wear n tear can use perdana/eterna/galant gt sport's spare part.problem searching for manual gearbox? heheh...why need to stick to eterna/perdana gearbox? lots of range manual gearbox u can choose.

Yup, SEI engine rly reliable, with just exhaust & induction mod mine can go max 210kmh but thats it.100-180kmh V6 still faster.

Good suggestion! Perdana also can convert to evo..up to evoIII without mounting mods, also there is mivec..wide range of choice.

But for me, Honda are for rich people loh...dunno why but at my workplace, if someone drive honda they'll say, "wa...orang kaya, pakai honda tuu..".I think nowdays, v6' status already dropped. :_:
Actually Honda car is not for rich people...the meaning of 'rich' is more define & represent the expensive OEM parts which actually really not worth for money, as compared to the quality etc.

I've been driving JDM Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec CK MT previously for 4 years & currently Accord CF4/CL1 Euro R. To make simple comparison, on the parts, i would prefer Mitsubishi over Honda. This is due to the Mitsubishi cheaper parts price and exchangeble among it's models, other than the durabality & relibality. As for an simple example..Honda cars got soo many 'unneccessary' bushings as compared to other JDM car make. In my opinion, it's really looks 'unneccesary' for JDM cars. Just imagine if 1 bushings would cost u RM100 like that.:shades_smile: :shades_smile:

Last edited:

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
On the other hand, buying the Perdana Sei MT and upgrade it to the newest V6 looks will be much cheaper in term of everything! ; FC, maintenance, monthly repymt or cash purchase, parts availability etc.

and somemore can go on par (or more) with PV6 on the performance side!.

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
i have both these cars at home. From my point of view, i like to drive the sv4 more than the perdana, because the sv4 is more comfortable, and the steering is much lighter than the perdana. Fuel consumption, v6 better la, coz my sv4 is 10 years old without any overhaul. So the engine is really2 old and no power at all. So engine v6 better. Handling i prefer v6. The suspension feels stiffer than the accord. For looks, i prefer sv4 (modded sv4 la of course, like mine muahahaha). If stock standard i think v6

P/S: I'm comparing between 1996 2.0 non vtec Accord and 2005 Perdana V6

KeV-TEC

4,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2006
honda of cuz...
fuel comsumption v6 might be expensice abit...
when come to handling... honda d best man
about the look... honda come 1st... got style ma...
maintanence... nothing much different...
honda more safety ma... in term of engine n exterior
power of cuz honda la... d v-tec name it self already explain everything
n when come to brand... of cuz honda too... more experian in car industry

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
between E54 PV6 and accord SV4 (either CD5, CD6 or CE7 all local) at similar price firstly i would consider the age. SV4 are deifintely older. difficult when you want to sell back.

both spacious, have powerful engines, reasonable FC (but 2.0 SV4 slightly better than 2.0 E54 PV6), low mechanical problems and easy spare part as well as modding.

E54 V6 has better handling as a result of Lotus touch, that's why the steering feels heavy at low speed but becomes better at high speed. compare between E54 and E55 (GL/SEi) and u can notice that E55 has better stance (low front/higher rear) for better weight distribution.

one problem which made all perdanas popular is the auto transmission which is similar to putra auto, wira 1.6/1.8 auto...chances for a spoilt gb is quite high. must be extra careful.

i myself would go for the PV6 which is newer, has ABS and leather seats. in terms of design though, the perdana was based on JDM Mitsubishi Eterna (not available anywhere else in the world) way back late 1992. its very very old indeed.

on the other hand, i strongly advice u to spend you money on a newer car. 2 years old honda city or toyota vios makes more sense as well as a new proton waja which is getting heavy discounts now! all 3 also is old design and due for replacement.

this is just my 2 cents...last decision still in your hands.

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
cd / v 6

Thanx for the input bros...

Actually i have a brand new waja & gen 2 at home & true Bro Zan, driving
a new car is driving a new car...All is New.....

I'd just actually wanna get 1 of these cars V6/perdana sei or Honda SV/CD.
U know, just to do a little mod, pay less (the price of coz ) & some gaya...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
putra4767 said:
Thanx for the input bros...

Actually i have a brand new waja & gen 2 at home & true Bro Zan, driving
a new car is driving a new car...All is New.....

I'd just actually wanna get 1 of these cars V6/perdana sei or Honda SV/CD.
U know, just to do a little mod, pay less (the price of coz ) & some gaya...
for modding (light or serious), Perdana GL or SE the one to look for. model code is E55 (E54 for V6). SE highly recommended since it has ABS.
price ranging from 30 to 40K. do your research so that u dont overpay.

engine swapping is easy be it from 4G63 SOHC 16 to 4G63T DOHC or 6A12 24 valve.

i think there are too many modded Accords around. boring lah. anyway, all the best to you.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

a friend and i were having a discussion about different ways to modify my gti. we were discussing junkyard evo engines and perhaps getting a 4g93t engine. one question came up is whether or not i can stroke my existing 4g93 to 2.0 without machining and milling? and i was thinking were i to go complete n/a is there any possible way of manufacturing independent throttle bodies for each cylinder? oh and how many people out there have a 4g93 engine all n/a tune that at least gets 180 wheel...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience